Things I Hate Part ∞ and then some.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:( . . . well apparently I have been a model citizen up to this point so instead of $2000 and 6 demerits I copped $516 and no points . . . I'd still rather it had not happened at all :( . . . hell that's 2/3 of an airfare for crying out loud :angry:

I hate unexpected expenses. :hug: GRRRR.

I don't think we have the same system - car is either registered or it's not :( - was supposed to have been renewed by 2 April ~ I really dont remember the papers turning up in February as they usually would :shrug: ~ the kicker? Apparently I need new brakes and mr mechanic won't give me my pink slip (needed for registration here) till that's done :sigh: . . . wait while I just go pluck a few hundred dollar bills off that money tree I'm growing down the back there :| . . . walking is looking mighty palatable right about now :lol: !

ugh - I"m so sorry. Bikes are cool. :shrug:

:) thanks lovelies . . . my self pitying little rant is now over :giggle: and I have already programmed next years renewal date into the fancy phone, into my online calendar and set up an email alert as well . . . not gonna let that happen again!

but since this is the hate thread . . . I hate that I'm going to have to tell the folks about my faux pas this weekend and I'm going to cop an ass chewing for it . . . yay for feeling like that 5 year old who made mud pies in mamma's rose garden and used the seeds for sprinkles !

Two VERY major events being planned for the same day, and I need to go to both of them. They're in two different cities that are several hours apart. :sad: :scream: I need someone to make time travel happen for me, because otherwise I'm probably going to end up disappointing/hurting someone. This sucks. :sad:

Here's what I hate- being expected to compose a five paragraph essay during a 40 minute class period, when it takes me days to come up with a *really* good idea and how to write it out. And then having to take a test afterwards. And the teacher made us write it in pen so I couldn't erase paragraphs that I didn't like... and she said we had to write it on another paper instead of the back of the first one, and my other paper happened to have song lyrics of my own origin on it. So now the song is lost and I wrote a crappy essay... and... ugh. That was the main hate of the day.
Also when I came home my sister told me all about how she's doing at her school and it doesn;'t sound like she's having fun at all. :( Wish I could help her, somehow.

Here's what I hate- being expected to compose a five paragraph essay during a 40 minute class period, when it takes me days to come up with a *really* good idea and how to write it out. And then having to take a test afterwards.

We have to do that for AP English...fortunately my teacher cares less about the paragraph amount and more about the points we make. It bothers me when teachers think the exact amount of paragraphs matters when sometimes the structure just makes the essays crap...

We have to do that for AP English...fortunately my teacher cares less about the paragraph amount and more about the points we make. It bothers me when teachers think the exact amount of paragraphs matters when sometimes the structure just makes the essays crap...
I know, and this was especially hard because I was unfamiliar with the type of essay she wanted us to write. If only they allowed writing in a sort of free verse, without the paragraphs and the thesis and quotes and ESPECIALLY conclusions, with are to be the death of me. And now that I can't use "you" or "one" to refer to people, what am I supposed to use?

That's kind of what we get to do :D I like when the rules are loosened...

At the same time, I'm getting way too much work from that class when all I want to be doing is writing.

That would be a thing I hate: homework getting in the way of what I want to do, or side projects being 'less important' than homework even though I really really don't give a shit about the last semester or so of school since it's not integral for college and has so much pointless work

:) thanks lovelies . . . my self pitying little rant is now over :giggle: and I have already programmed next years renewal date into the fancy phone, into my online calendar and set up an email alert as well . . . not gonna let that happen again!

but since this is the hate thread . . . I hate that I'm going to have to tell the folks about my faux pas this weekend and I'm going to cop an ass chewing for it . . . yay for feeling like that 5 year old who made mud pies in mamma's rose garden and used the seeds for sprinkles !

:hug: to you, sweetheart!

BlueSilkenSky said:
I know, and this was especially hard because I was unfamiliar with the type of essay she wanted us to write. If only they allowed writing in a sort of free verse, without the paragraphs and the thesis and quotes and ESPECIALLY conclusions, with are to be the death of me. And now that I can't use "you" or "one" to refer to people, what am I supposed to use?

How can you write an essay without paragraphs, a contention, quotes and a conclusion? :scratch:

I'm biased because writing essays never bothered me, but if you just write "free" you won't get a good mark because it will be all over the place.

The purpose of not using first and second person pronouns is to keep your focused on the task at hand and not generalise.

I agree about the time period though, it can be really hard to write a good essay when you've only got one class to do it. Thankfully at uni you've got weeks not hours.

:)

How can you write an essay without paragraphs, a contention, quotes and a conclusion? :scratch:

I'm biased because writing essays never bothered me, but if you just write "free" you won't get a good mark because it will be all over the place.

The purpose of not using first and second person pronouns is to keep your focused on the task at hand and not generalise.

I agree about the time period though, it can be really hard to write a good essay when you've only got one class to do it. Thankfully at uni you've got weeks not hours.

:)
I hate writing essays. :( However I do love writing stories! I guess I'll just have to get better at it. It is about time I followed the structure well.
However, though I can do the introduction and thesis with a little thought to it and find quotes easy as pie... conclusions are still going to be the death of me because I can't seem to connect the theme to the real world, especially without using the forbidden pronouns.
Ah well, I think this essay-writing ability will get better when I get older. :)

Not remembering what I dreamed.

Being too concerned about, say, finding concert tickets and at the same time being concerned about what the hell kind of college would have what I want/want what I have.

Being insecure...

Being completely misunderstood at times. My intentions, my words, my feelings. I try to be as self-aware as possible, but somehow some people just don't get where I'm coming from, and I can't figure out why. Meh. Just putting that out there. :shrug: //emo rant.

Oh I can't help it :(

But I have found a temporary source for some confidence. I did get 100% on my speech though, which is an accomplishment above all others because the professor said she gives out about one perfect score a year. Exciting stuff, now to multiply that by three with English and Anthropology (which is what I also hate :|).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom