The Second Thread - - an assortment of thoughts + "a new hope..."

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
lady luck said:
neun un neunzig luftballon??

How come that you know it???

I have no idea what that means :uhoh:

======

Lady Luck, I've been meaning to ask you about your sig for a while. Ringo.... the beatles....??

it means 99 aerostatic balloon...
it's a song in German, I heard it a few times as I was a kid..
it's a funny song but I can't German so I can't tell you what it means

My signature is one of the last phrases in Quentin Tarantino's "Pulp Fiction". I watched the movie a couple of weeks ago and I think it is my new favourite movie!
It's so crazy and shocking -- I really like it!
Ringo is the name of one of the characthers, while the phrase is pronounced by Jules, played by actor Samuel L. Jackson.

I clicled on your "baloon" link and I downloaded a file in .ram format -- what is that? How do I read that file?

lady luck said:
it means 99 aerostatic balloon...
it's a song in German, I heard it a few times as I was a kid..
it's a funny song but I can't German so I can't tell you what it means

My signature is one of the last phrases in Quentin Tarantino's "Pulp Fiction". I watched the movie a couple of weeks ago and I think it is my new favourite movie!
It's so crazy and shocking -- I really like it!
Ringo is the name of one of the characthers, while the phrase is pronounced by Jules, played by actor Samuel L. Jackson.

I clicled on your "baloon" link and I downloaded a file in .ram format -- what is that? How do I read that file?

You did not just say that Pulp Fiction is youre new favorite movie...... did you?

I've got some things to say about that movie..... but let me start with a visual, first.

As for the "balloon" link, it is a music file. I forget what ram stands for, but you shoudl be able to play it on a music or media player, like winamp or windows media player. Oh crap!

That's right, you can't download it. It only plays through the net, I think. I don't know... I don't remember

I will say one more thing about pulp fiction, and all of my following comments are in exception to this:

Sam Jackson was awesome in that movie, and I always like him. Great actor, funny as hell, great job. But as for the rest of the movie........

I've got some things to say..............................

brace yourself

I see...

But I enjoyed it and there are a lot of moment that really made me laugh, especially thinking about it after the movie is over.

Well, in all reality, I suppose that's all that matters, I suppose.

I'm glad you saw a movie that you enjoyed.

not the greatest movie I've ever seen, but enjoyable...

What is the last good movie you watched?

I don't remember. I can't stand most movies these days, to be honest.

Let me think more, though........

Oh yeah, my dad finally got the DVD version of Monty Python's "The Holy Grai"

But I guess that goes way back, because we used to watch it all the time years ago.

For a more modern m ovie, though.... :hmm:

I liked "HERO", (which apparently Quintin Tarentino also had a part in). But that's almost not a fair answer.

You know, the last good movieI watched was probably a small time movie called "Long life, happines, and prosperity" or something to that effect. That was a good movie.

But also, I must admit, I enjoyed watching "The Man of La Mancha". That was about a month ago, and that was entertaining, in it's own quirky way.

Kung Fu Hustle was alright. Not my favorite, but I like the crazy bad guy, who danced whenver he felt like it. If I were a bad guy someday, and I may very well be, I'm going to dance whenever I want to, too.

:macdevil: :happy:

Immag017.jpg

lady luck said:
You should!
Didn't you tell me you are a great dancer?

uh... did I saythat? :eek:
Well I don't want to boast, especailly about that, because I don't like to be put on the spot. I don't think I'm a great dancer, really. I just enjoy it more, and have less inhibitions. I'm confident enough where I don't have to worry about looking cool, should I j ust want tostart dancing a little randomly, like in my room or walking about someplace. But I don't think I'm quite good enoughyet to take a dancefloor by storm and impress the crowd, no :no: not quite.

But I sure do like it. For instance, whenver I hear "the Hustle", I can't quite sit still.

(I don't know the actual steps to the hustle,but Ilike the music anyways)

lady luck said:
You look so relaxed in your new avatar!

Yes. I wanted to put Roy (my cat) in my avatar for a while. To be honest... I was scared that he was really sick the other day, and it was just weird. Because he had that strange lookin his eyes. But maybe I just caught him at a deep sleep or something.... I said more about this in the catlover's thread in Lemon stand, if you really want to know more.

Bottomline - I want to enjoy Roy's company as much as I can. I know he won't live forever, but more immediately, I know I'll be leaving for college in a month. Less than.

So I wanted to put Roy in a more visible place for a while. You're right, though, I was very relaxed when that photo was taken. It was nice

For Honor,

As someone who just spent a semester at college, I will say that it can change you. It is a completely new living situation, with lots of new people. You really get to learn a lot about who you are. In the end though, it will only become what you make of it. If you really want to, you can spend most of your time in your dorm room hiding, and not really talk to anyone, although that is defintely not as fun. It's a new begining, and what you were in high school doesn't matter at all. Oh, and the one thing that does hold true, is the only baggage that you can bring, is all that you can't leave behind. Those words never ring truer than when instead of having friends all in one spot and that's it, having them spread over many states. You might even get to meet people from different countries.

oh, you mean the heat and snow miser sig?

Thanks (actually, to be honest, it takes a long time to set up the proper tags and such, to change colors back and forth like that. But "copy and paste" helps.....)

I think your signature is more graphically striking, though.
Or maybe it's just because I like colors in that way

ok, give me an opinion.
You know my mind/heart are terribly messy in this period and you know my feelings for Vladimir.
I haven't heard from him for a couple of week -- but the last message was, again, talking about the problmes connected with his mailbox :)mad: ).
Now, I think that, if he wants to get in contact with me, he has a lot of means to do it -- and perhaps signing for another account with another provider could be a solution...

I think I want to write a Christmas card -- but my mind is struggling because I don't know if it is the case to turn it into a good-bye note or not.

My problem is that I can't understand if this thing is over or not. And the worst is that I don't want it to be over...

But I suppose that if I don't make things clear, I will stay stuck in this mess for too long... And I really odn't want to turn myself into a sort of Penelope waiting for Ulysses...

Opinions, please.

:hmm:

What I would do if I were ever in your situation ( :shifty: ) ... .I would, internally, startd distancing myself as much as possible from this person. Stop thinking about them, and do n't concern yourself with them at all. Let them come to you.

That is the most productive thing to do, because Iknow I can always go back to the easy way, of caring for someone. Those feelings don't dissapear easily, and they don't come easily either. But definitely start caring more about other things than what this person may or may not be doing.

Quite frankly, I almost wouldn't bother with the card, or anything else. Not until this person shows REAL interest in you, as in, more than a few words here and there to keep you interested. You're not some pet doing tricks for dog treats.

But that's just me.

However, based on experience, that strategy has worked out very well, so I recommend it.

(addendum to my first post)
^in other words, invest in what is under your jurisdiction, what you can control. That is mainly yourself, and your surroundings, and your life.

But spend more energy on yourself, as opposed to worrying or thinking about this other person. ESPECIALLY do not look at anything sentimental, like pictures. At this point, I'd say it's up to him to give you a reason to remember, as opposed to it being your responsibility not to forget.

Basically, I reccomend returning to normal settings. If something from him comes up, that's great, but there's no sense in banking on it, or expecting it to happen. Especially given the circumstances (or at least what I know), there is no reason to let him determine how you feel. He's just not putting in enough effort.

And even if he somehow has 1000 problems communicating with you..... well........ maybe it's just not mean to be....

destiny has helped me in curious ways lately...
As for working on my self -- I already do that -- too much, too!

Maybe I should concentrate on other people around me.

Wow, I am just back from lunch -- it's been ages since the last time I spent it outside and, even if it's quite cold (5°C) the day is wonderful: sunny, no wind, light blue sky.
I had a delicious icecream -- if you ever visit milan, don't forget to stop @ Chocolat - they have the best icecream in this city!

It's strange -- I don't feel like it'll be Christmas in a few days...
there's no THAT atmosphere... can't explain why!

It's been great to stay outside in the light! When I get out of my house in the morning is still dark, and it's dark when I go home... so having this hour in the light was great!!

I was having a look to some blogs and I found this:

First Letter In Your Name tells something about you ......

Does your name begin with: V

You are individualistic & you need freedom, space & excitement. You
wait till you know someone well before committing yourself. Knowing
someone means psyching her/him out. You feel a need to get into
his/her head to see what makes him tick. You are attracted to
eccentric types.

You believe that age is no barrier. You are good at responding to
danger, fear & suspense.

Does your name begin with: J

You are blessed with a great deal of physical energy. When used for a
good cause there is nothing to stop you, except maybe that they aren't
always used for the good. (you could dance all night.) You respond to
the thrill of the chase and the challenge of the mating game.You can
carry on great romances in your head. At heart you are a roamer and
need to set out on your own every so often. You will carry on long-
distance relationships with ease. You are idealistic and need to
believe in love.

You have a need to be nurtured deep within.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom