Someone I know just had a Heart Attack

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cleasai

Rock n' Roll Doggie
...and she's not even 20 years old yet. :|

On Thursday night "Sally" was absolutely fine when I first saw her. Then about 20 minutes later she started complaining of an odd chest pain that traveled through the right side of her body.

I feel absolutely horrible about it because I didn't take it as serious as I should have. Ya sure the subject of this being a possible attack was brought up... but yet it still seemed impossible. At her age?? To keep her calm I mention the possibility of this being another one of her major anxiety attacks. Yet at the same time I suggested that she have her friend take her to the hospital right away. Luckily we were within a mile of one.

I found out tonight (Friday) that she did indeed suffer a mild Heart Attack. She has since been released and is doing fine.

I, however, still feel like crap

wow that's really scary. You did the right thing and you have to allow yourself to feel good about that. It's so shocking when somebody young has something like that happen.

One of my friends recently had 2 strokes and he's only 29. Life is so odd sometimes that's why I'm a firm believer in living every single day like it could be your last.

I'm sorry, and I hope she'll be okay. I know a girl who is 19 and had one a couple months ago. What a shame, I hope it doesn't take years off her life:(

trevor :hug:

she was lucky to be with you, someone so kind and caring. it is very scary that she was so young. sometimes i wonder what i'm doing to my own health, going from alcohol at night to coffee in the morning, no breakfast, crappy lunches, unhealthy dinners, occasional cigarettes...

maybe we should hang out more often so you can keep an eye on me. :|

That is absolutely crazy :huh:

Same thing happened to a friend of my neighbor.. the girl was only a teen!! Her mom was at work and she kept calling her complaining of chest pains.. her mom didnt really take it to seriously and by the time she got home it was too late :| Very scary stuff.

more and more heart disease is attacking us at a younger age...don't forget, BAW had open heart surgery at 27....I thought I was gonna lose my baby.....thank you St. Jude Hospital and your staff....and you, too, St. Jude for prayers answered...

Heart disease...let's take care of ourselves...! :)

That's really scary Trevor...but like so many others said, it can happen at any age. I'm just glad she went to the doctor. I know when you are young and have symtoms that "seem" cardiac related, you have a tendency to ignore it or tell yourself it can't be because you're so young.

I had a really hard time getting a doctor to take me seriously when I had my heart problems and that, with my own tendency to procrastinate, could have led to me not even being here today :|

I'm glad your friend is going to be okay :hug:

You did the right thing.

I have a friend who is 26 and has had three heart attacks. It's really quite scary to realise it's becoming more and more common for younger people to have heart problems.

Thank y'all for the collective shoulder to lean on. I think I've come to terms with what happened. I just hope that she realises that she needs to slow down and make some lifestyle changes.

My deepest sympathies go out to everyone who has or knows someone who has gone through this. Very scary indeed. :hug:

Bono's American Wife said:
...could have led to me not even being here today :|

I had no idea! :hug: Thank you for sharing your own humbling experience. Hearing stuff like this makes me think it's definately time I do something about my own self.

Back
Top Bottom