Some Kind Advice Needed...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

macphistofly

Babyface
Dear Interferencers,
I know I haven't been around long and I don't post often as I should maybe, but I've seen a lot of compassion and a lot of wonderful advice given in this forum, so please listen to my story and respond in any way you think may help.
For starters, if it helps in any way I'm 25.
The reason I need some help is because I'm thinking about ending my marriage. I'm scared to death and I haven't slept right, ate right, or anything. I haven't cheated on my wife nor has she cheated on me. We have only been married two months and together for two years.
I'm thinking about ending it because I'm in love with someone else and have been for over a year, but for many obvious reasons I have never slept with or been intimate with this person. The glaring problem here is the fact that I am falling deeper and deeper in love with this person with the passing of every day.
I first saw this woman about a year before I met my wife in a class at my college. She was/is gorgeous and I was painfully attracted to her. I never had the courage to talk to her but I never missed a day of that class and I was never the same after that. A year later I met my wife in a class and had put the other woman to the back of my mind.
About seven or eight months later I go to work one night and guess whose first day it was... So I was now working with my dream woman and feeling very strange and guilty for still being attracted to her. I tried to find things about her to dislike and would not talk to her or be friendly with her because of my guilt and I carried on like this for about six months and then I told myself that I was being rediculous so I talked to her and we hit it off and became very close friends. I never told her how I really felt and I thought that maybe if I proposed to my girlfriend that it would stop all of these feelings from growing. So I asked my girlfriend to marry me and she accepted. The feelings subsided for a while and I thought I had done the right thing.
However, when it came time to make out wedding invitations I couldn't bring myself to make one for my friend (Sam.) It was stupid but I didn't want her to see me get married. Begrudgingly I made her one at the last minute and it was the hardest thing to give her that thing. The old feelings came back and about three months before the wedding I nearly had a nervous breakdown because of how I felt inside, I though it was some kind of test and I was in a dark, dark, place on the inside and very fake on the outside. But I thought it was the right thing to do so I put my feelings for Sam aside once more.
Two months ago I was married and I have never been more emotionally fucked up... And lost and so last week I walked Sam to her car and told her I didn't know why I was telling her but I was/am in love with her. I was expecting to get slapped, and then maybe I wouldn't be writing this. Instead she could barely stand or breathe because she was overcome with intense emotions and she told me that she felt the same way and she reminded me of when I had told her about my engagement to my wife that she had cried not out of joy but out of pain and sorrow in her heart. We held eachother forever and cried and we are both scared and she told me that if I stayed with my wife she would understand and if I left her she would understand as well.
I'm good at stuffing my emotions if anyone is wondering why my wife didn't suspect anything. Also my parents and my wifes parents both went through ugly divorces and we have many things in common as far as stuff we like to do: camping, outdoorsy stuff etc... Basically she likes everything I like and She likes it because I do and in a way that doesn't seem right. So do I leave her for an uncertain future where my conscience is unburdened. Or do I fight these emotions until they subside (if they ever do) I don't know, I feel like an asshole for having these thoughts and feelings and this huge problem in my life. I never asked for it and wouldn't wish it on anyone.
My wife is naieve and innocent, she clings to me and cannot be without me, she is very trustworthy and has a huge heart (which makes this all the more difficult) But our love life is lukewarm at best and I am a very passionate person.
Sam is independant, creative, opinionated, intellectual and yet she is not a cold person she has a very deep sense of morality and is not pressuring me to leave my wife for her instead she has offered kind advice and a shoulder to cry on.
I haven't slept right in two weeks and I am a mess, I have finals tommorw, tough finals nonetheless and this is hanging over me like nothing has ever hung over me before. Any advice or words of wisdom would be appreciated. I know that just because my friend feels the same about me as I do about her that that doesn't mean we would have a great relationship or any relationship after all of this is said and done. This could be the biggest mistake of my life if I go through with it. It could also be a wonderous turning point. Help...
Thank you for your time if you have read this...

Thats a really tough situation.

Although it doesnt sound right, but maybe you should see what its like to be intimate with this other woman before you end your marriage. For all you know, it could suck real bad and then you blew your marriage for nothing.

And if its good and you want to be with her, you have to do what is in your heart and divorce your wife.

EDIT: I'm sorry if it seems like I'm telling you to cheat on your wife. I dont believe in cheating honestly.. I just believe in true love and finding it and being happy.

------------------
Sexy poshin' sugar snarlin' rock and roll ...

My Lair

[This message has been edited by Sicy (edited 05-08-2002).]

Thanks Sicy,
I have thought about that option also, and you have a good point. What is love without the love-making? Wheter people want to admit it or not it is important to have a healthy love life in any intimate relationship. This thought has been on my mind for some time now. Again, thanks Sicy...

We'll, I don't know if any of us should be giving you advice. But since you asked. Here's what I think.

Those marriage vows you took? Go back and read them.

FOR BETTER OR FOR WORSE.

if you love your wife, try and make it work. There will always be temptation in life. Remember that.

This is not a good enough reason to end your marriage boss.
Youre banking on too much fantasy/speculation w this Sam chick.
You need a kick in the ass.

if your spouse were to-
ignore you,
use you
were an addict
or
a cheater THEN maybe it would be time to broaden your horizons, or if she were entertaining ideas such as you..
Have to be blunt here.
Divorce your wife only IF it is so untolerable and that YOU could imagine yourself w or w/o Sam.

Sincerely-
diamond

Originally posted by oktobergirl:
We'll, I don't know if any of us should be giving you advice. But since you asked. Here's what I think.
Those marriage vows you took? Go back and read them.
FOR BETTER OR FOR WORSE.
if you love your wife, try and make it work. There will always be temptation in life. Remember that.
Exactly.
I would say do what you have to get away from "Sam". As long as you spend any amount of time whatsoever with her, you will always be tempted. And one day, you will fall and have sex with her. And then you have betrayed your wife.

First I'd like to state I'm not an expert on this and I'm not really sure if its appropriate for me or anyone else to comment even though you asked us.

I think you have to ask yourself what does Love, true Love mean to you? Is Love for you mainly great Sex, and then a few other things? Or is Love involve a spiritual, mental connection with that other person to include liking similar things and having similar personalities balanced by differences that add mystery and curiousity, and sex being a primitive aspect that is not the basis of the relationship.

In my opinion Marriage is not about sex although some remote or minimal form of physical attraction is a must. Take sex and physical attraction out of the mix and look at things that way. Think about what you love about your wife and what you love about Sam that does not involve looks or sex. See if that changes the balance for you.

Say you leave your wife for Sam and actually marry Sam. After a few years or less time, Sam experiences a sexual dysfunction which prevents her from having sex. She is older and no longer is as attractive as she used to be. The young new employee at the office looks amazing. Are you going to leave Sam for that new employee?

I don't think marriage is for everyone. I'm not saying that is the case here for you. I wish there was a way that you could be in an environment where you could freely decide what to do about this without any of the serious repurcusions that can possibly happen in a divorce situation.

This is a difficult situation, but you have to ask yourself if you honestly Love your wife truely. Think about how things would be if Sam was not in the picture. Thats hard to do and hypothetical, but it could give you clue or insight in to what to do. Its important to remain true to your vows, but it is equally important to be honest about your feelings to your wife. Thats the conflict here. Leaving your wife is wrong because it breaks the vows you took, but staying with someone when you don't really love them truely is also wrong.

This a difficult situation and I suggest you consider some counseling possibly because this is a difficult situation for one person to handle. A Friend, Family member or even a professional counseler I think would be very helpful and maybe relieve a little of the stress.

I wish you the best of luck in this difficult situation. Sorry I went on a little to long. Please don't rely on just us for a solution or advise as well.

I don't want to sound judgemental, but in a way, you are already cheating on your wife. You don't have to be physically intimate to cheat and you've basically given your heart to someone else. I'm married and if I found out that my husband had this kind of emotional attachment to another woman, I would have to let him go. I would probably be more hurt by this than if he was having sex with someone else.

What you are doing right now is so unfair to your wife. It would be much kinder to end your marriage and then pursue a relationship with Sam, AFTER you are divorced. I am surprised too that your wife doesn't suspect anything.

What if you do cheat on her and it doesn't work out with Sam...will you stay with your wife and consider her second best, better to be with her than being alone? I would hate to feel like my husband was with me because it didn't work out with the woman he truly loves.

Marrying one woman when you really love another is a BIG mistake. You need to step up take responsiblity. I really wish you luck and I hope it works out for you.

hmmm. this is incredibly difficult situation and i don't think even those who have found themselves in similarly unfortunate situations would be able to offer you tangible advice. it really is a very personal issue, not so much that it can't be talked about, i don't know that it can be related to. but i digress:
many of our friends have cited the marriage vows as being sacred. but what if those vows were taken in error? if he continues on pretending with his current wife is he not doing both her and the institution of marriage a grave disservice?
he has already tried to forget sam once, and failed. now having come to know her even better they have each fallen even further in love with one another.

that is my take anyway. best of luck to you.

I dont know.. I dont think you guys should be so hard on him. You cant really control feelings...it just happens. While I have to agree maybe you shouldnt have gotten married with this other girl on your mind.. but if the marriage isnt satisfying you you should do what you can to make it work.. If it doesnt work you shouldnt have to suffer and be with somebody that you are not in love with anymore or attracted to. I find Physical attraction to be a very important part of a relationship. If you have not been physical with Sam you cant just throw away your marriage because of feelings you have cuz trust me.. you may have those feelings now and then find out that physically you dont connect.

2 cents here.

Thank You all for your honesty. I have tried to forget about Sam harder than any of you might ever know and I can't take her out of the equation. I would not wish my situation on anyone. I understand my VOWS and I lived through the divorce of my own parents. It was ugly, horrible... I still deal with it in a lot of ways. Sam is a part of the equation and I tried to find things about her that I couldn't stand and I think for those of you who kinda blasted me, yea I deserve some of that, but I think that Sam or no Sam I married someone under false pretenses and my wife doesn't deserve to be with someone who can't let go of another... I know I'm a Jackass, but I'm a Jackass who is honest with his emotions. This is not something I wanted to deal with but it is something I MUST deal with...

women/marriages are not cars- you can't test drive them and take it back if you don't like it while having the other on hold. Betraying your wife would be the worst thing to do here, for everyone involved.

Beyond that, I have no idea what is right for you since it is an impossible difficult situation. I suggest speaking with a professional about it, someone with an outside opinion. Best of luck.

I gave your situation a lot of thought, and I respectfully, but strongly, disagree with Sicy.

I want you to imagine if this situation was reversed. What if your wife was your world: you depend on her, enjoy being with her, love her. But your wife, despite outward appearances, pined for another man. And what if, one day, she decided to act upon those feelings - these desires that she had for another. How would you feel? And which would hurt more - the fact that your wife slept with another man, or that she decided to marry you even though she knew she did not love you?

I now want to hypothesize another scenario. I want you to imagine being intimate with Sam, but then, for whatever reason (guilt for your actions, loyalty to your wife, or even a dissatisfaction in the sex), you decide to end this secret relationship with Sam and stay with your wife. That may sound noble and, if your wife never discovers this, you may even feel that you were able to answer your desires while saving your marriage. But what if in a few years, there is another woman - perhaps even another coworker. And those same feelings of attraction are brought up again. Do you cheat on your wife a second time? And what if in 10 years there is yet another woman? Do you cheat again? Does it become easier and easier to rationalize your actions each time you are unfaithful?

These same questions reamin even if you leave your wife for Sam. What if in 5 years, there is another woman. And the feelings you have for Sam now, you feel for this new woman then. Do you cheat on Sam the way you might cheat on your wife now? Where do you stop yourself? At what point do you hold yourself responsible for your actions?

In other words, I can see you all to easily justifying your behavior. And it's so simple to do. Should you spend the rest of your life with a woman you don't think you love? Should one mistake cost you true happiness? Should you deny yourself possible bliss just because of a vow you took in a confused state of mind? The trick though is that how you answer these questions determines what type of man you are.

Marriage is a challenge. I think too many people enter into it blindly, quickly and for the wrong reasons. Marriage takes work - a lot of work. There will be many challenging times, including attractions to other people. Do you end a marriage because of these road bumps you will face? Or do you work through the difficult times?

In other words, would leaving your wife for Sam would truly make you happy? I am not trying to make you feel guilty - rather, I want you to deeply reflect on that question, because the answer might not be what you think. The desires you have for Sam may seem strong, but do you really know if you could spend the rest of your life with her? You may end your marriage to be with Sam, only to find Sam gone 3 months from now.

I can't tell you what to do, I can only recommend. I don't recommend cheating on your wife because you desire another. If you desired this other woman so strongly, why did you stay with your girlfriend? Why did you propose to her? Why did you marry her? You MUST examine those reasons. I don't accept you marrying your wife only to "escape" the feelings you had for Sam. Those aren't your exact words, but that is their message. Unless you are are masochistic, you would not deny yourself this chance for joy with Sam. My guess is that you do love your wife - but you are just now realizing that you will spend the rest of your life with your wife and that's become difficult to accept.

Instead of focusing on this other woman - this "temptress" that you cannot have - focus on your wife. What made you date her? What made you propose? What made you marry this woman? Those feelings should dominate - especially now. You have only been married for 2 short months. Some marriages aren't meant to be, but 2 months is rarely enough time to determine this.

As I wrote, I can only recommend. I also recommend you see a marriage counselor - alone. Tell this counselor your thoughts. I have a feeling there is a lot more to your desires for Sam than you are willing to admit (to us and to yourself).

I wish you the best.

[This message has been edited by doctorwho (edited 05-07-2002).]

I respectfully disagree with Sicy on the aspect of if you should be physically intimate with Sam right now. Even if it is great, that does not mean its going to be fireworks in 6 months, a year or 10 years. In addition, cheating is dishonest and selfish in addition to being against your vows. In my opinion, cheating in any relationship is betrayal and not an option. But if you feel your about to do this, I think you should get a divorce, because I don't think you should be dishonest with your wife under any circumstances.

Physical attraction and sex are not key components of what makes a marriage last a lifetime. Those things fade more and more as one ages. But true love does not fade. Its difficult to define of course, but it certainly is not raw sex. But that is my opinion.

I wish you the best! Goodluck!

Hmm. I think that marriage is for life, and you have to remember that. I say, if you want to decide what to do, just follow what your heart says. If you love Sam and not your wife, divorce her. I don't believe it is possible to really and truly love two people.

------------------
This device must accept any Interference received, including Interference that may cause undesired operation.

u2er@u2email.com

I figured as much. This is why I'm almost 30 and not married and dont have any intention of getting married either.

Originally posted by Sicy:
I figured as much. This is why I'm almost 30 and not married and dont have any intention of getting married either.

And I say GOOD FOR YOU! About time a person was intelligent enough to realize that marriage might not be for him/her. I'm 37 - never married. Will I be? Maybe. But I saw no need to rush into a marriage when friends and family all around me were divorcing or fighting. I really like my own company. I think we depend so much on others we never give ourselves the chance to learn who we are. Ironically, I am probably more ready for marriage now then ever - but I don't want to be married.
biggrin.gif

i'm sorry but this thread makes me angry.
i feel bad for your wife. i've been the wife who's husband was chasing another woman, had feelings for her and not me. its just the worst feeling in the world knowing that my exhusband was off trying to pursue another woman. i understand that your feelings can't be controlled, but still.
if you dont love your wife and you really love this other woman, divorce her. there's really no other way around it. trying to save a marriage when you love another woman and when your wife will always feel second best if she found out you had feelings for another woman will not cut it. there will always be some kind of resentment, anger, jealousy, feeings of hatred, and i could go on about it...but thats my 2 cents. i just can't be sympathetic here.

------------------
you've got to cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice..

Ok I think I should elaborate just a tad on why I dont think marriage is the greatest thing for certain people. I know that no one will agree with me but its my opinion and i am entitled to it.
So.. lets say you fall in love with a person that you think is wonderful, perfect for you. So you go stand in front of a priest, say I do and sign a piece of paper. Bam. You've basically agreed to be with this one person for the rest of your life. Things could be great for a year, 5 or even 10. But what happens when some where along the lines, your feelings change. I mean after all, people change, things change, its inevitable. What if you are no longer in sync with this person, what if your sex life has gone sour, what if you are at the point where you are just tired of this person and just dont want to be with them anymore, what if your problems are too big to solve, what if you've been to counseling, done everything you could to make it right. And now what. You're stuck 'forever' with this person sacraficing your happiness for the rest of your life. That stinks.

I've had a four year relationship, and a five year relationship. It takes YEARS to fully get to know a person.. even longer. Both relationships it took me years to realize finally that I dont want to be with this person for the rest of my life, and vice versa. Cheating is wrong but what are you supposed to do, just 'forget' about this other person that is constantly on your mind? Stay with your husband/wife forever while you really love someone else? You cant just shut off feelings.. thats all I'm saying. Its not fair to the other person/people involved.

macfly I really dont think you should have gotten married. I know its not my place to tell you what to do and I'm not trying to tell you what to do, I'm just voicing my opinion and I'm sorry if you guys disagree.. but I'm just being real here. I wouldnt want to stay with someone that I wasnt truly happy with .. life could be miserable. I do think that a lot of people are very much justified in their thoughts and views about marriage and if you are going to get married you should be prepared to spend the rest of your life with that person. I just feel that in this day and age marriage is over rated. Its not the same as it was when my parents were married or their parents.

I just wanted to explain myself.. and I'm really not trying to say GO CHEAT ON YOUR WIFE. You just need to think long and hard about if it will be worth it to throw your marriage away.
Good luck to you in whatever you decide.

Dr. Who--
Will you marry me?
xxox
do
not
tell
BEAL.

Thank you-
DB9

------------------
AIM= diamondbruno9

all valid fears sicy. but could you also not foresee being so in love with someone that you choose to show faith in them and trust them that whatever does come up will be overcome?

Originally posted by nellie:
i'm sorry but this thread makes me angry.
i feel bad for your wife. i've been the wife who's husband was chasing another woman, had feelings for her and not me. its just the worst feeling in the world knowing that my exhusband was off trying to pursue another woman. i understand that your feelings can't be controlled, but still.
if you dont love your wife and you really love this other woman, divorce her. there's really no other way around it. trying to save a marriage when you love another woman and when your wife will always feel second best if she found out you had feelings for another woman will not cut it. there will always be some kind of resentment, anger, jealousy, feeings of hatred, and i could go on about it...but thats my 2 cents. i just can't be sympathetic here.

This is pretty much what I was trying to say. I've been divorced so I know how hard it is but is it better to have your wife playing second best while you sort out your emotions? Whether it works with Sam or you never see her again, your marriage has big problems. Unless your wife is extremely forgiving, this will not be something she will ever let you forget, trust me on that.

You have to ask yourself why you went through with your marriage when you love someone else. Don't stay married because you are afraid of what other people think or because your parents had an ugly divorce.

I'm not trying to be hard on you at all, I really understand what you are going through. I've been in your shoes. The only difference was I met the other person 4 years into my marriage and I was separated at the time but I was still married. My husband wanted to work things out but I knew I couldn't stay married when my heart belonged to someone else. I stayed with and eventually married the other person and we've been together for 13 years. My first marriage was a huge mistake, I didn't love him and only married him to get out of my house.

On the day of my first wedding, I almost got sick when I heard the music start and my first instinct was to climb out the window and run. I should have listened to my instincts and called it off. It would have saved my ex-husband a whole lot of heartache.

Do what you feel is right but consider your wife's feelings and how you would feel if she did this to you.

[This message has been edited by Bono's American Wife (edited 05-07-2002).]

we chatted earlier today, mac..so you know how i feel about your situation...

i know you're not just jumping into or out of either relationship..at least i got that impression..and all i can say is.. i hope when all is said and done.. you HAVE found what you've been looking for..and that your wife can have the happiness she deserves.
it may take counseling, friends and family to finally get there...but it is possible!
her heart's gonna break..but its best she knows how you feel as soon as possible.

------------------
"life should be fragrant; rooftop to the basement". Peace, U2 lovers ...from AdamGrrl

You don't have to be physically intimate to cheat

I respectfully disagree. That's like saying if you point a loaded gun at someone but don't shoot, you're still killing them.

Macphistofly, you've already been given all kinds of good advice here, and I advise you to do absolutely nothing for the time being, except try to cut down on your contact with Sam. (Note to self: 80sU2isBest and I are kind of agreeing again. Argh.) Ponder all of this in your heart, and in the meantime, try to bond with your wife. You wouldn't have married her if you didn't have some strong attachment, right? Try to go on a nice trip or otherwise have some intimate time together.

Remember, too, why you were first attracted to Sam: you saw her in a class and thought she was gorgeous. Well, that's nice, but nothing to build a relationship on. I assume your relationship with your wife is built on something else. Consider that long and hard.

Take some time to breathe, and remember that your friends in Zoo Confessionals are always here for you. And as of yet, you've done nothing wrong. You're just confused. It happens to everyone.

------------------
Well, the God I believe in isn't short on cash, mister. --Bono

But a day will come
In this dawning age
When an honest man
Sees an honest wage.
--The Edge

Originally posted by kobayashi:
but could you also not foresee being so in love with someone that you choose to show faith in them and trust them that whatever does come up will be overcome?

Only in the movies.

Only in the movies.

hmmm. the really bad ones at that
wink.gif

well i'm giving it a go and its going great for myself.

based on my experience and those of many friends and acquaintances, i think the value of role model relationships when growing up cannot be underestimated.

macphistofly, I'm so sorry that you're going through this hell. Please give this much thought and put your feelings aside because now is the right time to think with your mind and not your heart.

A friend whom I'm respect greatly has this policy for his marriage: whenever he is attracted to a female physically, he stays away from her at all costs, always drawing a line between them. He still flirts with them subtly, and his wife knows this, but at all times both wife and husband are aware that it is strictly flirting.

However, there was a time when he was attracted to someone emotionally, and there was nothing sexual or even romantic about it. They just bonded extremely well as friends. Unfortunately, their friendship was too intense even for friends, so they broke off the friendship. Now, usually you hear of people breaking off romances, not friendships. But he felt that this was needed because he knew his wife would be upset about his close connection with the other person, even though it was not even romantic.

So that is how he has stayed monogamous all this while. When you married your wife, you made the decision "Yes, this is what I'm choosing now. I'm gonna love and protect this woman. This is my choice." My philosophy is that there is no Mrs Right, only The Mrs I Choose To Be Mrs Right. You see the difference? This way, the power is very much in your hands, and there is not much notion of destiny and being trapped in a situation. Fall in love within your marriage, not outside... It is very very difficult, and my heart goes out to you very much. I'm sorry you are faced with such a hard decision.

foray

mac, I'm sorry that you feel this way and sorry for both you and your wife's situation. I feel a bit odd commenting on this personal situation - but you asked... so
wink.gif

The advice from an "old married chick": Seek counseling right away to work through these issues. I would strongly urge you not to cheat on your wife until you resolve your own issues. I suspect (without knowing you at all, of course) that you probably have some intimacy and attachment issues related to your own parents divorce that are influencing how you think of relationships and marriage. Also, is it possible that you are in fact idealizing Sam? Projecting onto her this dream relationship that you want to have and imagining that if only you were with her things would be ok? You met your wife and you dated her for some time and you did ask her to marry you (again I suspect for more reason than to just "forget" another woman). There must be some reason that you chose her in the first place.

Telling another woman besides your wife that you are in love with her is the same as an emotional affair. So, you have already crossed a line that you need to scoot back from right away. I don't think you are really "avoiding" her if you continue to work in the same place she is and put yourself into situations that she is in. It is impossible to emotionally separate someone you are obsessed with when you are physically present.

I agree with Sicy and doctorwho that some people shouldn't be married - but the fact is that you are. Marriage is for better or worse, that is true - and there's a reason why those vows are made. All marriages have their ups and downs - their hot and cool times - and you make that vow because you are promising to stay together through them. Marriage is like a garden - you reap what you sow. If you don't pay attention and work it - it will be choked with weeds - no matter how long you have been together.

You are young and seem to be quite confused. I really do urge you to talk to someone objective to help you. I am afraid (again based on this limited info) that if you jump out of your marriage and into a relationship with Sam that you will just be in the same spot again a few years down the road.

Peace to you

------------------
She's gonna dream up a world she wants to live in / She's gonna dream out loud.
Visit my web page at www.u2page.com

True love does not just go away, no matter what or who you do to try and forget it. Time does not diminish it either, so trying to wait it out does not help.

IMO you made a terrible mistake @ getting married to someone that you are not truly in love with, but people do that all the time. (get married for the wrong reasons)

Listen to your heart/soul.

macfly I really dont think you should have gotten married. I know its not my place to tell you what to do and I'm not trying to tell you what to do, I'm just voicing my opinion and I'm sorry if you guys disagree.. but I'm just being real here.

I don't disagree with anything you wrote in this post - I agree completely. In fact, this is what I was essentially stating in my post. That is, even if he leaves his wife for this other woman, what's to say that he won't want to leave this other woman for yet another woman in a few years?

In other words, some people just aren't meant for marriage. I do think MacFly is one of them - at least at this point in his life. But now that he is married, the question is what should he do? I think he needs to really examine the reasons of why he got married at all, why he pursued his wife instead of this other woman, and why he now has to pursue this other woman over his wife? The answers to those questions might not be a simple as he and we all think.

DB9: Sorry, can't marry you - can't marry BEAL either (he's just in it for the sex anyway). I can't marry anyone who hogs up all the space in the heart at a U2 show.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom