prayers needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

verte76

Blue Crack Addict
I'm so disconsolate over all of the heartache and disappointment caused by the Prop/ticket fiasco I'm sitting here crying like a baby. I feel like my whole world is falling apart. It's scary. My parents are really concerned about my depression, and they want me to call my shrink, but honestly, we've already pulled out all of the stops medically getting me through a hellish 2004. I also got the bad news tonight at Mass that the father of my dear friend who was my sponsor when I was a catechumen is in the last stages of his Alzheimer's. This is sort of a relief but obviously very hard for the family. I was so hoping this would be a good year, with the album and the tour, but fate has robbed me of this chance. Please pray for me. I don't know how much more of this I can take.

Ah, verte.......:hug:

I've been on the glummer side myself between winter SAD, post-holiday blahs, Th Inaugural and some serious stuff related to certain possible future policies.... I had some water-works about with my sis, and she kind of helped me to focus on the stuff thats going to help me hopefully deal with certain possible future not-so-good possibilities....

ANd if things turn out better on those issues....i'll have a real good head start on artisitc plans I'm hoping to spin.

Back to you...well, "sweetest thing" just popped on our U2 weekend on local NYC area station

You've had some sweet things....selling a piece of your art, and getting those cards to be made up....
You've got Turkey to visit in 2006? Why Turkey? {i'm always in why people choose to go where they go ] The bLUE Mosque....ah, such glorious architecture!

and maybe some how you'll get to see u2, too...later on.

Don't write this oh-so-young year off so soon!

Now they're playing 3 sunrises...."Spirit of the rising sun, lift me up!"........

Trust me, I've had some awful, awful times between 94 & now....the worst being 94, 95 & 2000. I needed support to help talk me into talking myself into .....believing in better times ahead for myself.

In fact I was thinking last week of writing myself a letter of how I've gotten through and over some real dark times....so if they come around again...i'll have my own voice to pull me through.

FOr me, the joy & wonder have in the end- always outweighed the darkness.

SO tery not to let the anger and disapointment get to you.

Unless my friend can get tix mon, I don't have that good a chance myself.....but i will do what I did last time search the net....that's how I got into the post 9-11 show at MSG. After 3 days of on-line scrambling i got a tix 2 hours before the show! Now I really can't spend the money I had last time, but maybe something will work out somehow.

SO hang in there, your letting the uproar on the other threads increase your own dissapointment, making an semi-educated guess.

:hug: again....

Last edited:
Hey Verte. I went through a really tough time this past year too, and I will definitely keep you in my prayers. Actually, U2's music played a big part in pulling me out of it, so all this negative stuff with the whole ticket situation is disheartening, but don't give up! We're all pulling for you, for sure! :hug:

Actually, my unhappiness isn't like some of the other unhappiness. I happen to think we need to give U2 some time to sort this mess out. God Himself couldn't figure out this big a mess in a day. Don't we all make mistakes? I know I do. I don't hate them or anything, and I think it's unfortunate that it's come out this way. I do think they made some real mistakes with the ticket mess, but the fact of the matter is that Ticketmaster is so powerful that, according to a new article by Dave Marsh, the government looked at breaking it up as a monopoly and make the mistake of not doing this. None of this would have happened if this huge mistake hadn't been made. It was the Clinton Administration that originally made this mistake, and the Bush Administration kept it up. I'm just really sad that so many people feel so bad and heartbroken. It's sad. Some people are even taking down their sites. That's none of my business, it's their sites and they can do what they want. But this whole thing makes me hurt, and sad, and empty because I still want to hope, and I feel my hope being stripped away from me. It hurts. Thanks for listening.
I'm crying again, and it's only 7:16 in the morning and I'm supposed to go to Cullman today. God help me.

Last edited:
:hug:

Maybe the Spring will make things a little easier for you verte, I'm hoping it will for me

It's tough not to dwell on negative things sometimes, I know I'm guilty of it, but maybe try to find some distractions like your painting :)

Actually, my unhappiness isn't like some of the other unhappiness. I happen to think we need to give U2 some time to sort this mess out. God Himself couldn't figure out this big a mess in a day. Don't we all make mistakes? I know I do. I don't hate them or anything, and I think it's unfortunate that it's come out this way. I do think they made some real mistakes with the ticket mess, but the fact of the matter is that Ticketmaster is so powerful that, according to a new article by Dave Marsh, the government looked at breaking it up as a monopoly and make the mistake of not doing this. None of this would have happened if this huge mistake hadn't been made. It was the Clinton Administration that originally made this mistake, and the Bush Administration kept it up. I'm just really sad that so many people feel so bad and heartbroken. It's sad. Some people are even taking down their sites. That's none of my business, it's their sites and they can do what they want. But this whole thing makes me hurt, and sad, and empty because I still want to hope, and I feel my hope being stripped away from me. It hurts.

Ditto Verte.

Sorry. That first part was supposed to be a quote. This is my first forum experience, and I'm still trying to figure out how everything works. :confused: Just wanted to let you know that you're not alone in feeling this way about the whole thing. I think loyalty to the band and the music should really mean something at a time like this.

Thanks Shaliz. One of my problems with this is that I'm not fond of controversy, to put it mildly. I'm a peaceful person by nature, so a situation like this is way out of my comfort zone. It feels like a lose/lose situation right now. I just hope this doesn't last. As the old saying goes, time heals all wounds. The hard part is being patient enough for the wait. I admit that patience isn't one of my virtues. Right now I'm paying for this big time. Patience is a virtue, lack of it is a pain in the :censored:.

I couldn't agree more, Verte. I've been having trouble sleeping over this whole thing. At this point, I'm just hoping it will blow over too, and that time will give everyone a better perspective. It's horrible when you see something awful happening and you can't really do anything to fix it. But, to echo the above, hang in there! :hug:

Thanks for the cool posts everyone! Good grief, life sure can be a pain at times. I was just at the meeting of my SCA group in Cullman today, and a friend of mine has decided not to take a regional office. I've held regional office in this area, and it's tough. You have to deal with a bunch of egos and ridiculous politics. He's been holding some lesser regional office and he's getting bitched at for mistakes other people made. It happened to me, which is why I resigned my regional office. Anyway, I cannot imagine for a second that U2 is happy about this snafu. They've got to be absolutely sickened, and that's why I think eventually it will be worked out. I do not blame people for being upset. I paid $20 myself, and I'm trying to go to Turkey so I can't throw $$ around. The timing couldn't be worse, in fact. I have a stress-induced virus, shingles, which also causes depression, as if I need any more f:censored:g depression with autism! :censored: :censored: I'm sort of detaching myself; I have listened to more klezmer and Ukrainian folk music the last few days than I have U2. I quit one of my U2 listservers. I was getting too much e-mail anyway. I'm always depressed in January. I hope the spring and its developments help with this.

Oh, I just finished another painting! It's not on the site yet, in fact, we haven't photographed it yet. But I did another painting that is on the site, and that was a non-partisan protest against incivility I did during the election. It's on the fifth page of the site. I do my best work when I feel like hell, so maybe something good will come out of all of this :censored:.

verte76 said:
Oh, I just finished another painting! It's not on the site yet, in fact, we haven't photographed it yet. But I did another painting that is on the site, and that was a non-partisan protest against incivility I did during the election. It's on the fifth page of the site. I do my best work when I feel like hell, so maybe something good will come out of all of this :censored:.

:up:

i'm the same way, verte. keep trying to channel the negative energy in postive ways and hang in there. spring is coming...

Another problem is that my family really doesn't understand either my emotions or what I'm doing when I'm online. They are not U2 fans. That's OK with me, it'd be boring if we were all alike. But that makes this particular attack of blues rather esoteric; they can't understand all of the emotions involved in fandom. And when I complain about the bitching, they accuse me of making my problem worse by claiming that I'm exposing myself to the bitching. I just told my mother that, no I'm not. I told her about me quitting the U2 listserver and avoiding certain sites--I've reorganized my bookmarks and deleted some links and she seemed to understand. She doesn't know anything about the Internet. She can't even send an e-mail. Whew...........:sad: :sad:

Verte - I'm with you all the way here. About the tickets - I can understand people feeling angry at this ticket shambles, but i have felt so sad&gutted at all of the nasty comments going U2's way, It's so horrid&not what this bands' fans are meant to be about. :sad: I find myself thinking, don't you all remember all the wonderful times&all the great music we've been given?

I pray the fuss dies down&that by the time the tour comes around, this will all seem like a bad dream!

I've had not such a great year myself so i really sympathise :hug:

Also, like you say it will be spring soon; that is one thing i'm looking forward to anyway, nice weather! :)

Oh well take solace in your continued joining in with all the fun of Interference&PLEBA in particular, of course! It was cool to read of your 15,000 posts! :up:

verte76 said:
I'm so disconsolate over all of the heartache and disappointment caused by the Prop/ticket fiasco I'm sitting here crying like a baby. I feel like my whole world is falling apart. It's scary. My parents are really concerned about my depression, and they want me to call my shrink, but honestly, we've already pulled out all of the stops medically getting me through a hellish 2004. I also got the bad news tonight at Mass that the father of my dear friend who was my sponsor when I was a catechumen is in the last stages of his Alzheimer's. This is sort of a relief but obviously very hard for the family. I was so hoping this would be a good year, with the album and the tour, but fate has robbed me of this chance. Please pray for me. I don't know how much more of this I can take.

I'm praying for you verte! :hug:

I had the same feeling earlier this week. The U2 tour was the thing I've been looking to during my crap year and to have so many complications just put me over the edge a bit. I can't remember the last time I practically broke down like that.

I also lost my grandmother and something else that I was looking forward to in my future. :( Ironically, my grandmother's funeral was on Saturday - 10 am. I missed getting tickets in 2001 because my sister got married. :)

Luckily, I did get some tickets through the presale. They were the expensive ones and not close to the stage and initially I felt sick that my tour savings was wiped out for one show. But I am thankful I am going and hope that tickets turn up for you verte.

Ticketmaster has sent an e-mail to some with instructions to provide code and where you want to see them. If you don't get one, please make sure you follow the instructions anyhow.

http://forum.interference.com/t111867.html

Good Luck! :hug:

Last edited:
Actually, as if things weren't crazy enough, right now is my chance to go to Turkey. I'd better do it now, I'll hate myself forever if I don't take this. I've seen U2 four times. I've never been to Istanbul, I've never seen Ayasofia Museum, I've never seen a caravanserai, I want to do this more than anything else in the world. Maybe this is God's way of helping me with my very complicated priorities. This is something I've been dying to do for two years, ever since I did a class on the Turks for my medieval re-enactment group and fell in love with the art and, uh, the pastries too. And the people are so friendly and nice, too. They say that if you're a guest in Turkey, you're God's guest. This is going to be amazing.

susanp6 said:
Verte - I'm with you all the way here. About the tickets - I can understand people feeling angry at this ticket shambles, but i have felt so sad&gutted at all of the nasty comments going U2's way, It's so horrid&not what this bands' fans are meant to be about. :sad: I find myself thinking, don't you all remember all the wonderful times&all the great music we've been given?

I pray the fuss dies down&that by the time the tour comes around, this will all seem like a bad dream!

I've had not such a great year myself so i really sympathise :hug:

Also, like you say it will be spring soon; that is one thing i'm looking forward to anyway, nice weather! :)

Oh well take solace in your continued joining in with all the fun of Interference&PLEBA in particular, of course! It was cool to read of your 15,000 posts! :up:

You and me both. I'm so distressed at these nasty comments, I feel like some people are ripping my world apart. They are indeed horrid. Elevation was one of the most powerful experiences of my life, and it was during a terribly difficult period, I was going through all of the crud of getting my Asperger's Syndrome diagnosed, and I spent most of 2002 adjusting to medication changes. I was in crisis mode. That's when I joined Interference and started hanging around PLEBA. It made that nightmarish part of my life so much easier, and I'll always be grateful for that. None of this would have been possible without U2. I just need to get through this storm, it'll be a blessing when all of this is worked out.

Back
Top Bottom