My dog......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bonosloveslave

Offishul Kitteh Doctor
Staff member
....has cancer. :|

It involves girly things so I won't gross you all out with details, but it's been a stressful day. :sigh:

It is not a tumor that can be removed, so she'll be on a chemo drug for the rest of her life (she's 12 now). Most dogs respond to this drug pretty well, and thankfully they don't get the side effects like people do with chemo.

My Molly girl:

33797%3A%3A723232%7Ffp65%3Dot%3E2325%3D427%3D9%3A%3A%3Dxroqdf%3E232335675%3C349ot1lsi

Thanks guys :hug:

I just haven't been able to think about much else today. The one good thing is I can now have true empathy for the clients I will be working with in the future in this kind of situation. I'm just kinda kicking myself because she had vague symptoms of a problem back in December and I didn't think about this as a possibility. Live and learn though!

good luck BLS and Molly
you know I :heart: dogs. I was thinking of making a post about mine.........again. But I won't.
My sister-in-law has a dog called Molly.
"Live and Learn" is the motto of the Primary school my sons attended .
Keep up the good( and I know it is hard) work :hug: Dr BLS:hug:
It's stopped raining here, momentarily, I'd better go walk my darlin's. I still get a kick out of saying "Hey wanna go for a walk you two(U2)?"
PS: nothing girlie is gross, all part of life.
best wishes

Yikes I made lots of typos because I was hurrying(cloud=less electricity) and now it's raining again!!

she's not Molly Malone by any chance?
"In Dublin's fair city
Where the dogs are so pretty
Is there that I first met sweet Molly Malone..."

Were you here when I used to rave on about our local "Dog man" Martin McKenna. He grew up with a tough life in Ireland and his goal in life now is to help humans understand dogs. He has become quite a media identity in Australia. His book is fascinating and very helpful. It is available through ABC Books On-line.

I gotta go..for sure..this time:wave:
It's stopped again... June showers...brrrrrrrrrrrrr

Last edited:
I'm sorry about your doggie, but I'm sure the two of you will make it through. My dog is having surgery next Monday to repair a hernia. Any time our pets hurt, it probably hurts us even more. :hug:

BLS :( :hug:

I hope she pulls through very quickly. She is as grateful to you as you are to her.
Keep us all updated wont you? Angus just slobbered me to say he will say a doggie prayer for Molly.

:hug:

Thanks Angus :) *pats him on the head*

She *is* happy Carrie - and I think that's a good sign that she is really not showing any symptoms - bloodwork could not be more beautiful for a 12 year old, eating and drinking fine, no change in her attitude. But 12 years old is a pretty full life for a dog, so I really can't complain in that respect...

what a thing BLS..my Gustovox. he has gone weak in the back legs because of hip dyslasia so I have been only giving him light exercise. This morning I decided to roll the tennis ball around inside the house for him. He yelped and seems to have pulled a muscle in his front shoulder. He only has one good leg now and still he insists on following me...EVERYWHERE. I think it is the rottweiller in him, loyal the the n-th degree. His time is limited and I think he knows it:( I don't want to do this to a loyal mate, but it's the last kind act of a responsible owner. The girl at the supermarket saw his photo in my wallet the other day, the one where he is wearing the blue glasses and leather jacket and had a good old laugh:)
I do have pictures of my sons in there too, but Gusto has been my baby too since he was six weeks old.

Good Golly Miss Molly..be well girl

i dread hearing any bad news regarding someone's beloved pet :(
one of my dearest friends growing up was a sheltie aptly named Molly. . . oh how i loved her so!
well, i wish you and your Molly the best. . .i hope you both pull through this ordeal. One thing seems certain--she's in good, loving hands. :)

Oh, Beth, I'm so sorry to hear about Molly. Unfortunately, I know exactly how you are feeling about this situation. She is in the best of hands with you. It is great that you are willing to do this to help her. She looks like a real sweetie. Hang in there. I think it is worth it to do the chemo. We never regretted it for one moment with Bodie. You'll be in my thoughts.

:sad: :hug: :(

Last edited:
I'm sorry to hear about your dog :(
She's very lucky to have you. I have a saying hanging outside my front door. It says "Money can buy a good dog but only love will make him wag his tail." I know she knows she is loved and that can be half the battle.

I have an angel up in doggie heaven (Charlie) and I know he will keep an eye on your Molly. And my big chocolate lab baby, Jake told me to tell you and Molly that he sends all his love and doggie prayers.

Back
Top Bottom