My cat Tori died today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ShipOfFools

War Child
My cat Tori died today, she was only 3 years old. On Thursday around midnight, I heard her crying underneath a table, vomiting and having trouble breathing. I rushed her to the vet, and they diagnosed her with congestive heart failure. Her lungs were so full of fluid that she couldn't breathe, and her heart was working too hard.

They put her on a medicine to remove the fluid and drained some of it manually, and they sent her home on Friday night. She seemed better, but she wouldn't eat (which was the main reason why they sent her home) or drink anything, and she wouldn't purr when I petted her and seemed really sluggish and in a bad mood. I didn't sleep well last night, because I was so worried about her (she was MY cat! :( )

Her condition didn't change overnight, and this afternoon, it worsened to the point where she could barely walk. I loaded her in the cat carrier, but it was too little too late. She died on the way to the vet's clinic. :(

I'm really heartbroken over this. Out of the 7 cats we have (now 6), Tori was my favorite. And she was just a baby. I just feel horrible, and I've been crying on and off all day.

I'm so sorry. :sad: :hug:

It's so hard to lose any of them, but your Tori was so young. Poor kitty. :sad:

Last spring one of my cats (Maddie) died in a similar manner. Maddie was in her teens, but it was still a shock because she had seemed fine just a couple of days before. :(

My cat Tori died today, she was only 3 years old. On Thursday around midnight, I heard her crying underneath a table, vomiting and having trouble breathing. I rushed her to the vet, and they diagnosed her with congestive heart failure. Her lungs were so full of fluid that she couldn't breathe, and her heart was working too hard.

They put her on a medicine to remove the fluid and drained some of it manually, and they sent her home on Friday night. She seemed better, but she wouldn't eat (which was the main reason why they sent her home) or drink anything, and she wouldn't purr when I petted her and seemed really sluggish and in a bad mood. I didn't sleep well last night, because I was so worried about her (she was MY cat! :( )

Her condition didn't change overnight, and this afternoon, it worsened to the point where she could barely walk. I loaded her in the cat carrier, but it was too little too late. She died on the way to the vet's clinic. :(

I'm really heartbroken over this. Out of the 7 cats we have (now 6), Tori was my favorite. And she was just a baby. I just feel horrible, and I've been crying on and off all day.

omg.. my heart is breaking right now.. and am in tears here reading your story. I am truly so sorry for your loss. She was too young...

:sad: :hug:

hang in there and remember the good memories u had.

Heart failure at such a young age? That is so very sad. I'm really sorry for you loss. :( Losing a pet is so very very difficult. It's ok to cry.... :hug:

:hugs:

I'm so sorry to hear this. I don't have a cat, but my sister does and he's three years old and has had urinary tract infection. I can't imagine how sad it would be if something were to happen to him.

You'll always have special memories of Tori

My sympathy to you, sweetie. As you know, there are many cat lovers here--you can always talk to any of us, because we understand. :sad: Cry all you want and as much as you need to--she was a little living creature, and you can go on loving her. :hug:

This is going to sound odd to those who are not animal lovers but :

I can deal with human loss with very little physical emotion but pet death hits me like a bolt. It reduces me to a total wreck. When one of my cats died i was in a literal wreck for weeks.

:hug: We have all been there friend, the situation doesnt get easier with experience either as my dad once said.

I can deal with human loss with very little physical emotion but pet death hits me like a bolt. It reduces me to a total wreck. When one of my cats died i was in a literal wreck for weeks.

Oddly enough, I feel the same way.

Aw man I'm so sorry to hear this. Such a young kitty! I've never heard of this happen to kids below age 10 before! :hug:

:hug: We have all been there friend, the situation doesnt get easier with experience either as my dad once said.

I'm closer to my cat than I am to about anyone. I totally understand what you're saying!

Back
Top Bottom