more girl issues

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DaveC

Blue Crack Addict
I also posted this in my Journal, but it's going here too cause I'll probably get more views/replies here.

I've been going out with Pascale for about a month and a half now. Nothing has happened between the two of us past a little making out, and we never go anywhere because we're both students and are broke half the time.

And so for the past week or so, I've been thinking about breaking up with her. Things are getting boring and it's always the same thing, I'm finding that she's starting to nag at me a little bit (a pet peeve of mine). I just don't have the feelings for her that I think I should have almost 2 months into this. When I kiss her, I don't feel a connection anymore. So I'm thinking that things won't get any better, and that I should just end this now instead of waiting months in a relationship that I don't feel for the girl like I should, and end up hurting her more.

However, if I were to do that, I would feel like a mad scumbag. She's from northern New Brunswick (about a 10 hour drive away from here) and she's REALLY homesick right now. She hasn't seen her folks for more than 2 months and she's getting pretty lonely. She's got loads of friends in residence, but it's just not the same as home I guess. On top of all that, her aunt passed away a couple weeks ago, whom I guess Pascale was pretty close with. She's torn up by this now, and basically in a pretty glum mood all the time. She basically needs me right now as a shoulder to lean on. I'd feel like a dirtbag if I dumped her right now, and this would just accumulate what's going on. She's got lots of friends to help her out though, but still...

It's like I'm reminded of a line from Luminous Times every time I see her: "I love you cause I need to, not because I need you".

But I don't love her.

On top of all this, there's another girl. She's in my Astronomy 1450 class, and she's really cute. I've kinda had my eye on her whenever I've been in class all year, but never really had the time/balls to talk to her. Wel, this past Wednesday, l I went out to a meeting for the Arts & Social Sciences Society at my school, beacuse one of my colleagues on the History Society told me that the ASSS needed a First Year Rep, so I decided I'd be their rep.

I arrive at the meeting, and, lo and behold, Astronomy Girl is the Vice President of this society. Her name is Jenny, I find. After the meeting, everyone from the society is invited down to the campus pub to watch Game 7 of the ALCS and have free beer on the ASSS tab. I didn't drink (I'm underage, and if I had been caught it would have looked real bad on the society). But me and Jenny got to talking that night, and it turns out we have a lot in common. She's smart as all hell (which is sexy), she can play guitar (which is REALLY sexy), and she's one of the gentlest people I've ever met. I swear if Satan himself was in the room, she wouldn't have been able to bring herself to say a bad word about him. I didn't make any kind of move on her (I'm still with Pascale, and I won't do anything with Jenny if I'm still with Pascale, no matter how bad it gets). She did, however, do that thigh touch/slap thing when we were talking. Is that a sign of interest...?

Anyways, I see her every second day in my Astronomy class, so I say hi and chat with her every time I see her now.

Half of me is saying to break up with Pascale, bail out of a relationship I know is doomed to failure, and move on and give it a go with Jenny.

The other half is saying that Pascale needs me right now and that I'd be a scumbag if I were to break up with her now.

I gotta say that Jenny's been in my head for the past 4 days constantly, and I haven't even barely thought of Pascale recently.

So what do I do?

Do I bail on Pascale (a relationship doomed to failure), and try and see if I can work something with Jenny?

Or do I stick with Pascale for the time being, at least until she's in a better situation, but possibly lose any window of opportunity I may have with Jenny?

Urg. I just want to lay down and die. :sigh:

I can only say don't rush into or out of anything. I've ruined some things by letting them pass me by because I got "bored." Have you talked with her about it?

No. Not yet.

I'm trying to figure out what the hell to do before I talk to her about it so I can figure out what to say.

writing it down was a good thing. I don't recommend showing her what you wrote, since it does talk about the other girl and all. But just ask her how she feels about the relationship at ths point

Never stay in a relationship because of pity. You said yourself you don't love her and the only reason you would stay together is because she get's lonely. If there's not that connection between you two anymore, just break it off otherwise I guarantee you'll regret it. She has tonnes of friends anyway so why not break it off and go with who you want to go with (this astronomy chick), rather than maintain a doomed relationship out of courtesy for the other person, whom you don't really like any more!

Here's what you need to do and the first thing is pour some ice down your crotch 'cause that's what's kindlin' this fire...

If you are to be believed, and I have no doubt to your story, your "relationship" with Pascale is done; you're both away from home; she's feeling very vulnerable now with the loss of her aunt and naturally, her interests in many things, including men, kissing, touching, etc. has waned...this is common...

So far, I did not read that you have told Pascale "I love you!" and that's a good thing...easy to say it, hard as hell to take it back!

As far as I read into your post, you and Pascale are destined to be classmates, friends, but nothing more...your time with her must dwindle...don't string her out without an explanation and believe me Dave, you're man enough to do it...just do it...

Now, as far as Jenny is concerned, the two of you have similar interests, she's smacking your leg, this could lead to something BUT DON'T RUSH IT....and DON'T mention the L-word....

Conclusion - Pascale has many friends, be HONEST with her and explain that "this" isn't the time and place for both of you and move on.....no one needs to know of your interests in Jenny but Jenny.....

Peace!

Mr. BAW said:
Here's what you need to do and the first thing is pour some ice down your crotch 'cause that's what's kindlin' this fire...

If you are to be believed, and I have no doubt to your story, your "relationship" with Pascale is done; you're both away from home; she's feeling very vulnerable now with the loss of her aunt and naturally, her interests in many things, including men, kissing, touching, etc. has waned...this is common...

So far, I did not read that you have told Pascale "I love you!" and that's a good thing...easy to say it, hard as hell to take it back!

As far as I read into your post, you and Pascale are destined to be classmates, friends, but nothing more...your time with her must dwindle...don't string her out without an explanation and believe me Dave, you're man enough to do it...just do it...

Now, as far as Jenny is concerned, the two of you have similar interests, she's smacking your leg, this could lead to something BUT DON'T RUSH IT....and DON'T mention the L-word....

Conclusion - Pascale has many friends, be HONEST with her and explain that "this" isn't the time and place for both of you and move on.....no one needs to know of your interests in Jenny but Jenny.....

Peace!

You're a damn genius. I'm going to see her in about half an hour so I think her and I will have a bit of a chat.

What meegannie said.

"She did, however, do that thigh touch/slap thing when we were talking. Is that a sign of interest...?" - - could be, but don´t place your bet yet - she could be playing with you.. for all I know. Take it easy. Go slow. Don´t give her all your heart, not yet.

btw, I am just watching you DaveC ... Yes You stand still buddy ;) - browsing Lemonade Stand.

was the talk a very short one, or is Pascale a little late, or ..? you tell.

Done.

Just like a band-aid, short and sweet. We went to the coffee shop across the street and I basically told her like it was (minus the Jenny part).

She's not 100% sure if she's comfortable with being friends right now, but that's understandable.

I was sick to my stomach and shaking the whole drive there.

But now it's done.

Be careful dude, all your freshly-exed girl has to do is see you out somewhere on campus with this new girl and you'll want to get as far away from both of them as you can. I'd take it nice and slow with this new girl for awhile.

Feel better? You did the right thing. I am sure Pascale will find someone who is really into her. By breaking things off you are giving her that oppurtunity.

Have fun!

and a month later...

"i've decided.

tomorrow i'm going to start really going after jenny.

turns out the boyfriend i was told about is non-existent...the person who told me this was misinformed. this was in my journal, if any of you read it.

i still like her. very much so.

today we had a DASSS meeting...she's the vp of the society, remember. and she came in and just looked so damn good tonight...red tank top, tight jeans...i couldn't take my eyes off her.

i talked to her for just a minute about class, as i had a drive waiting for me outside the building.

so i decided. then and there, after the meeting was over, as i was driving home along a dark highway, thinking about her.

i'm going for it.

fuck the risks! (god it makes me feel so good to say that)

tomorrow morning at 11:30 am is astronomy class. all year i've been sitting in the back, by myself every day, while she sits about a third of the way back, by herself every day. not tomorrow. tomorrow i'm going to get my ass up and walk right on down and plant my ass right next to her, and i'm going to talk to her and start the ball rolling. if she tells me to fuck off (which is extraordinarily unlikely anyways), then so be it. i tried, and i won't have any regrets.

i'm already fucking pissed at myself that it took me so long to come to this conclusion.

but i'm worried that if i don't take that risk, that i will regret it. and i can't stand that.

so fuck the risks.

i'm going to make this girl mine, or die trying.

as whenhiphopdrovethebigcars says..."it's jenny time".

i couldn't agree more. :up: :D"

Back
Top Bottom