kissing cousins

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VertigoGal

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
just an amusing question, and don't worry there is absolutely no kissing whatsoever going on at my delicate age. that's just gross.

but, how distantly related do you consider two people need to be for them to (a) have a meaningless crush and (b) actually date.

i have no such crush though i suspect a certain person does, but that's besides the point.
just answer the damn question.

I had a crush on a "cousin" once. I knew this girl since 5th grade, and then she showed up at a family reunion once, my sophmore year in highschool, we found out we were 5th cousins, it didn't bother me(I'm adopted so technically it has no effect) but it bothered her.

Just an amusing nonanswer to your amusing question.:wink:

VertigoGal said:
just an amusing question, and don't worry there is absolutely no kissing whatsoever going on at my delicate age. that's just gross.

but, how distantly related do you consider two people need to be for them to (a) have a meaningless crush and (b) actually date.

i have no such crush though i suspect a certain person does, but that's besides the point.
just answer the damn question.

Just my opinion but I think they would have to be step-cousins from a previous marriage. That would limit the genetic connection. :shrug:

so, hypothetically, the girl's grandmother is the first cousin of the boy's grandfather.

how ick is that?
feel free to rate on a scale of 1 to 10, if you're into that kind of thing.

and why is beav an expert in this? i haven't been in the temple bar in ages, honestly not a place fit for a child.

VertigoGal said:
so, hypothetically, the girl's grandmother is the first cousin of the boy's grandfather.

how ick is that?
feel free to rate on a scale of 1 to 10, if you're into that kind of thing.

and why is beav an expert in this? i haven't been in the temple bar in ages, honestly not a place fit for a child.

Sorry VG but that's an 8 or 9. I mean there is still a big genetic connection there. :(

Why do you consider yourself a child? If anything you seem a lot older for your age. :)

sorry I'm just being a smartass, ignore me. (about the child thing, although I am a minor which certain people should back the fuck off and realize :angry:. no, not you. )

and I agree the ick factor is still hugely there for me, personally. considering the only past dating history has been limited to finding the afikomen together at jewish family functions since childhood. :sick:
not that this post has anything to do with me.
just an amusing question that was on my mind.
:wink:

I have a second cousin who would have been a great catch ... if he hadn't been my second cousin. My mom and his mom would make little comments about us at family get-togethers.

"Oh, Brian always liked Alicia. They'd make such a cute couple."

It was a little weird. But we just laughed about it. And now he's married to a non-relative. As it should be. :wink:

Sure, but on the plus side, you've just cut your guest list in half by only having one family to invite. :wink:

This is weird territory. The last time I saw my 3rd/4th cousin (the daughter of my dad's cousin's daughter, whatever that is), I'm pretty sure she was trying to flirt with me.

That was a fantastically odd experience.

I can't fathom getting together with any of them, even the ones 5 times removed who live in Australia and whom I've never met. I still know there's a link there!

LemonMacPhisto said:
This is weird territory. The last time I saw my 3rd/4th cousin (the daughter of my dad's cousin's daughter, whatever that is), I'm pretty sure she was trying to flirt with me.

That was a fantastically odd experience.

:lmao:

This thread is going to strange places...

IMO, stay away from all human contact to be on the safe side :wink:

I have always wondered about this. Why is it such a big deal in marrying 2nd or 3rd or 4th cousins? Other than a risk of genetic deformation in the offspring but isn't that only a risk with 1st cousins?

Zootlesque said:
I have always wondered about this. Why is it such a big deal in marrying 2nd or 3rd or 4th cousins? Other than a risk of genetic deformation in the offspring but isn't that only a risk with 1st cousins?

hmm... Perhaps we should consult an expert (other than Beav apparently):

georgeMichael.jpg

Zootlesque said:

I believe (but could be wrong) that the offspring would have a higher chance at having any family medical issues from cancer to depression. Plus would you want to be like 'this is my 2nd uncle...and stepfather.' :wink:

VertigoGal said:

Well, it's mainly cause NSW is a complete moron. See, he's my brother from another mother, so when I get mad freaky on his mother, there is no taboo in play. He doesn't understand that. He's always like, "Why you gotta do that on the couch in front of me and my dad all the time?" and I'm like, "it's cool, she's not my mom, chill, man."

Back
Top Bottom