It's time for a new me

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Laura M

Blue Crack Addict
Since I was at school and even starting uni I have had real problems with how I look - I obsess about it and what other people think of me. I haven't been happy at all.

Everyone keeps asking me why I haven't got a boyfriend - am I the only person who thinks a boyfriend isnt the be all and end all?? I hate feeling restricted, I live my own life, I like doing my own thing, I don't think I need a boyfriend - like thats going to make me a better person or something or I'm less pathetic without one? I don't think so :|

So I'm not stunningly beautiful, I don't have a great sense of humour, I don't have a perfect figure, I'm not overly smart, but I am me so you can like it or lump it. :|

It's a brand new me :drool: A lovely confident Lara Mullen *positive face* *dances*

Lara you are so pretty.. and you still have to post the pics you sent me !!

It's ok that you dont have a boyfriend, and I think that's great that you feel you dont need one at this time. You are still young and have plenty of time to settle down :) It just shows you are very independent and that is fabulous!

Thanks Sicy

I told my Mum and my sister my dream man lives in Spain they can only start interfering when Im 50 and have 100's of cats in my house to keep me company

My mum texts and emails this boy I kissed at the formal in the hope we will go out and then Jo comes to my house and they all discuss how he said he loved me 3 weeks ago and how he has asked me out for 5 years and how cruel I am to him - come on girls get over it :crack:

I think a new hair cut is jsut what I need and some nice new clothes - I want something different :hmm:

If theres one thing to remember about what other people think, its that theyre largely uninformed, and tend to not know whats best for you (and often themselves), and thusly they shouldnt be the deciding factor in your life. Ironically enough, that is my thought on the matter, and since I am an people and am thinking, I sorta cancel myself out there... so... uhh... Ill just move along :stormtroopermoseisleysmilie:

You just keep doing what youre doing, and nuts to anyone who doesnt understand.

Yay Lara! You just might be an inspiration to me here...confidence would be good. :) I've not seen a picture of you, but I can tell just from this board that you are a beautiful person. It's so easy to get wrapped up in others thoughts, but you are totally right - they shouldn't matter.

I understand totally about the boyfriend thing...if one more person tries to (what they think is subtlely) ask me about 'any men?' I'll injure them.

Word up! :hug: Lara, you go girl! :happy:

I know what you mean about men.....there now, last week I was saying Im wondering if I will ever have a man, but for now Im happy without......however, if only I could just get that fella out of my head I can feel more free, its a struggle already.

Lara, one thing is true, a new hairdo can make u feel so different. There, I've had my hair changed around 10 times this year already....cut, grown, cut diff with hint of blonde, grown.....and now its cut again with a fringe and dark again!

That just shows how unsettled in life I am, plus I dont like to always look the same to others........try not to look boring so change one or two things to help..........

:shrug:

:D Lara.........and when you get that car............*whooooo* you will SO be on your way!!!!!!

:up:

I wanted a fringe too!!!!! :laugh:

I so cannot wait until Im driving - my instructor says 6 more lesson and i can do my test he says ill be driving by the end of January :hyper:

Me to my friend last week "And Ill pass my driving test in January"

Him: Your going to pass?

Me: Yes you have to have confidence you know

Him: 8Shakes me* Where did the old Laura go??!!

I was out last week and some guy and all his friends were looking at me and one said smile love and sat beside me - I sorta glared at him and all his friends went oooooh and they all moved away from me :shifty:

But they kept pointing at me beforehand and it started annoying me

And one guy at the bar kept putting his hands on my stomach :yuck: and I called him a freak to my friend and he sort of heard me and threw a drink over my friend :silent:

:ohmy: :huh: :(

But the guy had his slimey hands all over me and I dont think someone can just do that. :|

lara, IM SINGLE AND F*CKING PROUD OF IT NOW!!!!!!

Lara, having a new haircut and getting it professionaly blow-dried once a week really helps cut down stress of good hair day. Im with a girl who has been doing my hair for the past 2 years and she beats any top Salon in my opinion - I get a good hairstyle for half the price of the same from a more expensive Salon...no thanks....this girl is an angel to me.

and now that Im single, Im wiggling more...nothing more fun than pouting up dark red lips, bit of liner.....hair down round face and just looking into the eyes of a guy passing and making his a$$ shiver!

:D

Lara come to my work, theres a guy over here works across way over summer acted a weirdo with me, by constantly whistling.......but never anything else so I knew he was taking the pi$$.....but I think, now that hes stopped, if he saw you, he'd be RIGHT over...and hes very very cute! :sexywink:

I havent had a haircut since March :shifty:

Maddie I shall come over to your work tomorrow then :hmm: We should walk around Belfast dressed up, looking fabulous and make all those boys :drool:

:lmao:

Theres a lot of nice ppl at Queen's and lots of nice ppl go to Clements in Botanic.

:uhoh: It was blue wkd and she was wearing black so you couldnt see it it only made the tan on her feet run :huh:

Confidence is good :up:
:rant: at all the people who do the 3rd degree on boyfriends and lack of them I agree

I've seen your pic - the devil one - and I think you're pretty. From your IO stories and your journal I think you have a great sense of humor, too.

I think people often put too much weight on other people's thoughts - and the less they know about them the more it seems to work - or they think they need some kind of seal of approval from outside rather then inside. (did that last bit make sense?)

:yes:Hey-it's gr-8 to be more positive in life! And, yes, enjoy your single life!! Someone once said, "singles worry all the time about being married, and marrieds worry all the time about being single-again"! Or something like that-u get my point, I'm sure! Trust me-the right time, right person will come along-when u least expect it! So enjoy ur life NOw! Ane yes-do go for a new you! Makes all teh difference in how you feel about you! Good luck on the new hair cut!

U2girl said:
:rant: at all the people who do the 3rd degree on boyfriends

i hate that so much when people ask about if you have a boyfriend, or why you don't have one, blah blah blah.

and you should never change yourself because of what other people think...only because you want to.

sure from time to time i say around here on the forum that i wish i had a boyfriend, which to some degree i do, but for the most part i'm happy being single, and don't mind being on my own. heck, i'm 34 years old and never had a bf! :lol: i'd rather wait for the right one then just go out and date anyone :shrug:

and :yuck: to that guy who kept touching you lara :tsk:

i wish i could go to ireland and hang out with lara and maddie :heart:

btw, i just had the 3rd piece of white chocolate from your advent calendar you sent me lara! :drool:

Back
Top Bottom