I'm infatuated with a man old enough to be my grandfather....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, I know a couple of my favorite artists have worked with Bono, and one band toured with U2 in the early days. As for the rest, I either haven't heard them comment on the band at all and therefore have no clue of their thoughts on them, or have heard the occasional comment, and they aren't exactly chummy with U2, but I don't get the impression that they hate them, either.

But regardless, yeah, if someone doesn't like U2, they're entitled to that opinion. So long as they let me enjoy the band's music and let me be entitled to my opinions on them, life is good :).

Angela

U2democrat said:
As long as he doesn't go off the deep end about U2 the way Henry Rollins does, I can deal with a difference of opinion.

What has Henry Rollins said about U2?:eyebrow:

VertigoGal said:
Most of the guys I think are hot are over 40.

My three current hotties:
Johnny Depp
Sean Bean
Djimon Hounsou

I like the older men.:wink:

My friends think I have bad taste. :laugh:

I think you have great taste
The hottest guys to me over 40 are
1. Adam Clayton
2.Bono
3.The Edge
4. Larry Mullen
:wink:

Last edited:
I have never heard of him ...besides he is in a Rock Band.... I was wondering what does he have against U2?

Cougar....

-----

Well, anyways... since U2Dem's infatuation with the Cougar is accepted, I wonder if my infatuation with a hot young Asian girl would be accepted. A celebrity infatuation, perhaps, but in the opposite direction, perhaps.

Oh well...

Oh, and I never got "little pink houses"... would you like to explain that song to me? Everyone I asked has different thoughts about it.

For Honor said:
Cougar....

Oh, and I never got "little pink houses"... would you like to explain that song to me? Everyone I asked has different thoughts about it.

some interpret it as a very patriotic song...but in reality he wrote it pointing out some of the more depressing aspects of america. but you can interpret it however you feel :up:

For Honor said:

Every time I hear Pink Houses I think of this tiny pink stucco house in a crappy neighborhood along one of the main roads going through the town I grew up in. I always imagined Mellencamp saw a similar house in a similar crappy neighborhood in his own hometown and maybe the song grew out of that. Or maybe he passed through my town sometime. :wink:

U2democrat said:

:lmao::yuck:

As for his comments about U2...he's entitled to his opinion. Just because someone doesn't like the boys doesn't automatically mean we all have to hate them :shrug:

Really? :ohmy:

Mellencamp is ok... however, he is very much unknown outside of the U.S. Therefore, I only know one song of his...

U2democrat said:
Yeah, as I have said to other people from outside the US who haven't heard of him, he's very Americana and his music wouldn't really appeal outside the US :shrug:

Just like Dave Matthews Band... :no:

U2democrat said:
:hmm:

Authority Song, Jack and Diane, Pink Houses are all good choices. Authority Song is probably my favorite. It's a good song to get you pumped up about something :up:

Ok, will see if they have them in i-Tunes.

U2democrat said:
they should.

Ok, so when you have time and to complete the 'cultural exchange'... you should check out some Argentine music as well, like Soda Stereo, Los Fabulosos Cadillacs or Charly Garcia. I'm happy to send you some MP3 if you need some.

U2@NYC said:

Ok, so when you have time and to complete the 'cultural exchange'... you should check out some Argentine music as well, like Soda Stereo, Los Fabulosos Cadillacs or Charly Garcia. I'm happy to send you some MP3 if you need some.

what is it like?

U2@NYC said:

will you send me some mp3s please? I've never heard Argentine music...:hmm:

swimmerchikpdq@mail.com

mucho gracias!

:D

Heh, U2democrat, they show ads for John's tour on VH1 Classic, as well as some of his videos from time to time, and now every time I see that stuff I think of you :p.

They played "Rain On The Scarecrow" today, actually. That's a good song. Sad, but good. It's nice to see someone taking up for the farmers in the heartland :up:.

Angela

Back
Top Bottom