I'm a steak and potatoes kind of guy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
on the subject of pizza... does anyone else call a whole pizza a "pie" or is just us new yorkers? a good friend of mine at college, who i also grew up with here on long island, called up the local new hampshire pizza place and placed the order "two large pies," an order we've placed millions of times at various establishments around the new york metro area. we went to pick up our order, and were given two orders of french fries. they apparently don't refer to a pizza as a pie in new hampshire, and when they heard the order for two pies, they assumed that we said fries 'cause we couldn't possiably be looking for, say, an apple pie. i was stupified

they don't refer to it as a pie in massachusetts either. but it's not just a nyc area thing either, it's a pie in the hudson valley as well.

i should have mentioned that i do like certain vegetables a lot

zuchini :drool: grilled zuchinni

potato pizza :up:

I have 5 fruit and veg a day or sometimes more :der: Thats obligatory in our house

orange juice in the morning
then a banana
then about 3 or 4 veg with dinner or a salad with veg
maybe some cranberry juice
and sometimes we get fruit as a dessert but only for speical occasions :shifty:

I get away with that now im at uni tho but I think Id have no less than 4 a day neway cus I snack on fruit :shrug:

zoney! said:
Thanks for the recipe Khanada!
no problem! just consider me the living recipe book. :wave:

i don't call them anything but pizzas, but i've heard people here call them pizza pies.

i did actually have some fruit last night, i had some of that white cranberry strawberry juice. it tastes interesting, but to me all i can really taste is the grape. (there's grape juice in it too) :shrug: i'm also having pineapple juice in my dinner tonight.

"when the moon hits your eye
like a bigga pizza PIE
that's
Aaaaaaaaaaaamore.......":) Dean Martin c/- old Napoli:heart:

they are just called pizza's here, large , medium, slice, VERY popular.

For years I couldn't digest red meat, it gave me excrutiating indigestion, unbelievably painful. I didn't eat it for years. I don't know what has happened/changed, but now I can digest it. For the past couple of years, because my sons were in their teenage years I started cooking it a lot( also it has been cheap because of the drought). Last night I BBQ'ed steaks for them...and I ATE ONE!!...... with no repercussions. It was very tender and very tasty.
Potatoes are my kids favourite vegetable, a staple here. I have a patch of them in the garden at the moment, the first time I've growm them.Their flowers are beautiful. I can't wait to dig them up...:drool:

FOOD :drool:

Hug: again Kirk :wave:

woops I was singing again:reject:

I've had good veggie pizza, but am not a fan of artichoke hearts they sometimes put on it.

I don't like beef and pork anyway, so it's no great loss, although when the pepperoni is nice and crisp, it is one of the very best things in life.

Back
Top Bottom