If I could change two things about myself...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Techie2000

Refugee
1. I like to appease people. I do this to the point of excess at times.

2. Time management. I have almost zero time-management skills when I do not have any sort of solid committment.

u2bonogirl said:
Im an obsessive clock watcher
I'll lose sleep over being afraid that the alarm clock wont go off

I do that if I have to be sure to get up for something. And I wear a watch to bed so I can check the time (I can't see the clock without my glasses, but the watch I can put right up to my eye). But often I can sleep through almost anything. Hell, I used to curl up in a corner of clubs and sleep through bands I didn't like while waiting for the one/ones I did like to play. :huh:

1. Time management/ goal setting & following through

2. Get to bed earlier - I've been up late so much lately. But I just rationlize by saying it's my last summer, and that it doesn't matter because they haven't called me back for my job yet. :huh:

indra said:

I do that if I have to be sure to get up for something. And I wear a watch to bed so I can check the time (I can't see the clock without my glasses, but the watch I can put right up to my eye). But often I can sleep through almost anything. Hell, I used to curl up in a corner of clubs and sleep through bands I didn't like while waiting for the one/ones I did like to play. :huh:

LOL Indra, I'm the same. I sleep through anything and am so pissed off at myself when I arrive at work LATE yet another time.

I set my cellphone-alarm and keep it next to the bed, have an extra alarm near the door so I have to get up to slam it :mad: and I even go as far as asking my flatmate to bang my door in the morning and have my collegue give me a wake-up call when an important meeting at work is scheduled.

I'm a freak :yikes:

1. Stop being so close. There are people that REALLY want to get in touch with you

2. Stop wanting to have the last word -- even if you are right!

indra said:

But often I can sleep through almost anything. Hell, I used to curl up in a corner of clubs and sleep through bands I didn't like while waiting for the one/ones I did like to play. :huh:

OMG...:lmao: I do that...Mr. Dis and I went to see Kings of Leon when we heard they were opening for U2...it was in this club in boston...I was so damn tired I closed my eyes and fell asleep. I do alot.....I am horrible:| I have zero intrest in watching a band unless I am crazy about them....and I hate opening acts:mad: I just wish they would go away:madspit:

hmmm...something I would change...

Trying to please everyone...it makes me stressed and crazy...I would like to stop doing that all the time.

1. Quit Mountain Dew, for good, cold turkey

2. Somehow find the time and money to get back into gymnastics (or even just trampolining or tumbling)

1) Lazy, I sleep too much

2) I desperately miss my ex, I call him all the time and he is not wanting to speak to me ever again. I've even had to block his number out of my mobile so I can't dial him when I want to.

:(

I want to get back into shape, I used to have a kick ass body now it is :| , I also want to start eating healthier and working out more often.:shrug:

1. Stop being cynical/sarcastic. It's only my dry humor, and my (3) friends get it, but I think the reason I don't have more friends is cos I like politics, speak my mind, refuse to spend 8.50 on a stupid teen movie, and make fun of them when I do. I don't want to compromise myself to make friends, I really don't care, but I sometimes wish I didn't have this trait to begin with.

2. I wish I could direct my emotions to the right places. My mom used to tell me I didn't love her enough and I was a bad daughter to her, and it didn't even phase me. But if I get in a good-natured debate with my dad over politics or law, I'll start crying when I get frustrated or mad. I don't mean to.:huh:

VertigoGal said:
refuse to spend 8.50 on a stupid teen movie, and make fun of them when I do. I don't want to compromise myself to make friends, I really don't care, but I sometimes wish I didn't have this trait to begin with.

Please, please, please do not change that.
Nothing is wrong with politics, either.

But there are plenty of people who are........
Unlike you in that way.

Those are not bad traits!!!!! :|

(I just reminded myself of Monty Python's The Holy Grail -

Sir Lancelot reading the letter, which was on the arrow struck his servent Patsy, about saving "a princess" in a certain swampy tower:

"Please, please, please, come rescue me..." )

I guess certain movies get warped into your brain.
I don't think those are the exact words, but I remember

Please, please, please....

Back
Top Bottom