I Would Kill Someone For A Cigarette Right Now

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

starsgoblue

Blue Crack Addict
I haven't had a cigarette in two months and NOW I am having the worst cravings for just one.... I think it's because I'm going back to school after a two year hiatus in a few weeks and I'm nervous?? I was doing so well until now, no nasty withdrawal or anything and I was so proud of myself doing so well quitting cold turkey....:grumpy: This sucks.

Stay strong! You can resist. It's hard, but it can be done. Go for a run, listen to music, or do something else that will distract you, and help to relieve some of the stress you must be feeling.

I quit two years ago last Saturday. I went completely cold turkey, and despite some crazy, horrible cravings at times, I haven't touched another cigarette since.

Good luck!

Stay strong and keep the faith! I've just come home from the hospital where my Dad is recovering from a smoking related respiratory disease. :( I kinda like to see everyone stay away from the horrible things! Good luck! :up:

blueeyedgirl said:
Stay strong and keep the faith! I've just come home from the hospital where my Dad is recovering from a smoking related respiratory disease. :( I kinda like to see everyone stay away from the horrible things! Good luck! :up:

I am so very sorry to hear that about your father. :hug:

Chizip :shame: Foul Tempter!

Good luck, stars! My grandpa had to quit more than 20 years ago (from two packs a day) after his fourth heart attack and he still has trouble with cravings, but his health is so much better.

It probably is because you're stressed/nervous (but you sound so pumped about school, I'm sure you'll do fine!). It sounds dumb, but I have the same thing with soda. If I start to get really anxious during the day, I could KILL someone for a caffeine boost! I know caffeine is supposed to make you more jittery, but for me it has the opposite effect.

good luck stars!
it really sucks, those cravings. I get them too...
getting past them feels good, better than giving in to them. When I've given in to them I feel shitty and realize how crap it truly is for your body.
it often helps me to realize that giving in to them doesn't really get you much but trouble, while resisting gives you much much more and costs ya nothing, especially if the activity you engage in instead is healthier and more productive...a walk, a workout, cleaning out your veggie crisper, painting a picture, drinking a glass of water ( I find bubbly water is great..gives you that throat stimulation that irritating smoke would!), taking a bunch of deep breaths, smelling something pretty...even just sitting and really feeling what that feeling is about.

cheers all...

Don't give in!!

I was in the same situation as you I was a little over two months and at my sisters wedding I smoked again and now I have to start all over again, which really pisses me off, a friend of mine who used to smoke a pack a day quite a year ago and said that after 3 months it gets easier

Just remember each craving passes as quickly as it arrives. I'm a smoker, have quite a couple of times before, the longest being a rather pathetic 3 months. Alcohol always gets me back onto them eventually.

Think about how much extra money you will have to spend on trips next time they tour.

I use to smoke and still get pissed at myself when I go for a run. Go jump off a cliff, at least you will have an adrenaline rush instead of a slow drawn out death.

Stay strong!

Back
Top Bottom