I think I need to watch it's a wonderful life again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
oh hell...the pressure is on

bonosloveslave said:
Ok - this is it........

For those of you who are too cheap to buy it or too lazy to go rent it, NBC is broadcasting IAWT at 8/7 Central on Saturday night, in all it's B&W glory. You'll have to suffer through commercials, but I expect a full report from everyone within 24 hours of it's airing.

I mean it. :|

uh, but i will be at a party on Sat night. I will tape it and watch it Sunday, how about that. :sexywink:

correction...I'm sure you'll be fasckinated

as it turns out...we never owned the record of "The Happy Prince" it belonged to old Mrs Mac our next-door neighbour. We did the annual borrow. Mum thinks it was Orson Welles who read "The Happy Prince" and Bing only read "the little donkey". Mrs Mac is long long gone, I wish I still had the record.

btw , i have a video copy of IAWL ( sounds like a U2 song? IALW). You can borrow it to finalise your report if you like...at this time of year it should reach you in about say.....5 weeks?
I also found out Bob Hope sang Silver Bells in a movie called "The Lemon Drop Kid" mum had the sheet music to it( she has the sheet music to EVERything..j/k)She was in 7th Heaven on my last visit home, going through her Christmas repertoire with her.( I'm learning to play "Silver Bells" and "So This Is Christmas,War is Over" and mum's favourite, a christmas lyric sung to Brahms' Lullaby) My sister built a house in her backyard and has no interest in music performance. What a shame, mum loves nothing better than a sing song. She is music personified imho.
I'm looking forward to Christmas.
I just read someone thought IAWL is depressing. Funny thing, mum said she taped "The Happy Prince" and sent it to my sister who lives in WA. Big sis told mum she thought IT was a depressing story....she obviously sent it to the wrong daughter. I'm the sentimental one...."I see a seamstress whose fingers are worn and she is cold...take my eyes"
It is sad.,but also triumphant.

Back
Top Bottom