I should work on my thesis but..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hiphop

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
I got around 75 pages (actually 107, but will have to shorten and edit some parts) and actually I need 100 pages at least and I want to do sth. like 120, 130 probably.

The thesis is about the production of pop music in regards to the actual state of the music industry.

However, I tend to be far too lazy, I should do at least 3 pages a day but only do about one (takes about 2 hours per page, figure it out).

So what am I gonna do? I want to have a pre ready version the end of March but its pretty close. k, I could also have it the end of April, but then its a tight schedule thing. I would really like to finish my studies in summer, and there´s a Masters final exam for which I will have to learn and a hundredthousands of things, documents, organization... blaaah blaaah

But I´m also a perfectionist, I want the thesis to be perfect, right, first hand information, good material, compressed into being a tight info source somehow. And I got so much material I could use, still about 250 pages of material and a few books I could translate, edit and everything.

Am I gonna make it? I really should. In fact, I have to. I know.. but its so boring...

Last edited:
a thesis about pop music production is boring??? you dont wanna know what i am doing!:huh:

Well it is because I already know about that stuff. Three years ago it was interesting, but now nothings really new for me. I always need new things, new challanges, to keep me interested you know :scratch:

For Honor said:
Do what you need to do

I'll do the same

Good.

I did 2 pages yesterday and 6 lines today. So today I really sucked. What are you doing?

Need, need. Need.

Need all of you saying "Hey man sit on your ass and learn you lazy bastard" :D

PUSH ME!!!

whenhiphopdrovethebigcars said:

Good.

I did 2 pages yesterday and 6 lines today. So today I really sucked. What are you doing?

Need, need. Need.

Need all of you saying "Hey man sit on your ass and learn you lazy bastard" :D

PUSH ME!!!

umm...... be careful what you ask for.......
I don't have any problem with that......

(if I get too hasrh, just tell me to stop......)

6 lines?
That's pathetic.

You should go to school and major in not-writing.

Actually, anyone else can push me to
I need a kick in the ass everynow and then, I admit

I have a sociology paper that needs to be done.....

Lastly......

Never underestimate your abillity to fail yourself

It's not that you don't know what to do
it's just that you don't do it

Practice perfection in everything you do, because if you give all your effort, you cannot fail

This applies generally, but especially for this thread:
I may preach, but I am never above what I say

if anything, I am below it. And I try to write what should be done.
I am forever trying to follow that path, though.

even if I stumble

Spend 20 minutes on your thesis and then spend 40 minutes doing what you want to do - go for a walk, listen to music, read a book, watch tv, etc

Then spend 20 minutes of thesis and 40 minutes of what you want to do.....

rinse and repeat

Whew .)

Thanks people. Keep it coming. I need more of that.

Yesterday I got a profound critique by a family member. I will have to edit some parts. I have been quoting around too much, probably.

Its gonna be more work than I thought.

For Honor:
Your sociology paper can be done this weekend. just do it. start to write. Now. I know you can do it! ya dont wanna end up in the gutter, right?

I think I might hijack this thread, or start a new one:

Evil idea: If I make all my big assignments public, I will be facing a great deal of pressure, and anyone who wants to can sort of blow up at me and get mad... wow what a great idea - venting, and then turning it into somehting productive.....

Yeah, so, I'll keep it all here for now, but I might start a new thread if I need to. I've got a lot of projects:

*Sociology Paper !!!!!! :huh: :huh:
*Independant reading for modernism (II)
*PAF mods - lots of them

um...... I know I have more

it's like 3 am, and I really want to finish that bastard sociology paper. It's my favorite class, too, and I can't even get something done for it

That's pathetic!!!!!!!

(on anoter, good news note, I got an aweome outcome from my modernism Midterm- if only I put that much effort into all my papers..... I might scan the pages up so I can bask in my glory.....)

But not before I get throughly shamed into doing what needs to be done, right?

....Let the cycle of abuse and motivation begin once more......
*mwa ha hah*

Whoops, I forgot something....

Its gonna be more work than I thought.

..... pussy ....

lol !!!! I'm sorry if that's offensive or harsh, but I need some shame to come my way, really badly.

I come home and have all day to do all my work, but I don't do anything, I just come online or do whatever, and then complain about waithing, and then complain about not getting work done.
I whine like a 3 year old girl. With toothache

And I need people to shame me into geting my work done
That is beyoned pathetic

I really am dishonorable to myself and my family.

Help me become the student, the person I want to be, and be harsh in criticizing me.
Many thanks

For Honor said:
And I need people to shame me into geting my work done
That is beyoned pathetic I really am dishonorable to myself and my family.

You hit the nail right on the head here. If I google your name for your academic publications it comes up with one computer: yours.

Your family must be ashamed of you. The only thing you´re professional in is picking your nose and whining what a bad place this world is. Man, you ain´t got it bad! The kids in India would need your educational and career possibilities.

And you, what are you doing? You ´re probably hangin around in a chatroom. Seems your IQ just equals the one of a plastic bag.

You better start learning now.

..same for me go ahead :D

I just came back from my University, and I got my thesis, and it's... (make sure you sit :wink: ) "Moral and politics in contemporary world" :huh:

vivaSA said:
I just came back from my University, and I got my thesis, and it's... (make sure you sit :wink: ) "Moral and politics in contemporary world" :huh:

What do you mean, you got your thesis? You have finished it, got it back and its perfect, or you got the topic and still have to write it?

That makes a difference ;)

Great topic. Moral and politics.. who (country/ politician) will you pick?

oh, that was good....

We are doing how peer pressure emotionally shames kids into comformity in sociology.... I have a high shame resistance, but just the same.

(I got that Sociology paper out of the way.....)

ANd I don't have any homework tonight.....
but I still have things I need to do, like those damn PAF mods......

and lastly, I'm quite thouroughly amazed that even with all my problems, I am the most competent of all these fiends that post in this thread. ....

makes me laugh.

I'm out of toilet paper, so I'm going to print out all of your responses and actually put them in a situation where they can be of use.

(I hope I don't get too carried away. Sorry....)

What do you mean, you got your thesis? You have finished it, got it back and its perfect, or you got the topic and still have to write it?

That makes a difference ;)

Great topic. Moral and politics.. who (country/ politician) will you pick?

I just got the topic :wink:
It's moral and politics in general, but considering the current state of politics in the world I'm sure I'm gonna have plenty of material!

I did nothing yesterday except of copying two books and read five pages- uhuh.

I did nothing yesterday, period. Or the day before.

And now I'm working on something that should have been done last Thursday, essentially.

I don't respect anything anymore, how sad....

I partied all the weekend. Did a little this and a little that, but.. damn. Will have to catch up.

:insert: you can kick my ass now

Do I have to fly over there and make you get it done? ;) :p

I can totally sympathize....I'm not writing my paper right now.... :sigh:

Still haven't done that PAF mod..............

But I slept for 14 hours - I was exhausted....
I;llbe up late working on it to get it done...... (I think)

I might have even fibbed a little to the teacher already.....

*in the house of shame*
That's not like me..... I wonder if I should just tell the truth.... I might have to....
I don't like.............

......well........

I did some sort of joke reading or something, and it said I'm not being myself right now, that I can't even. And that's true.... this isn't me......

I've never had any problems abouut getting things done on time, especially big projects... but all last week, nothing was on time....

I hate that

I think I might need someone to ocme over and tell me to get it done. I can do that for other people, and it irrates me tono end not being able to do it for myself.

That's like the ultimate sign of immaturity.....

I rationalize and complain about it and just waste time.
Even now, I'm not workingon it.....

well......
time to stop complaining

action

Back
Top Bottom