I never saw R&H until a few weeks ago...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Things i havent seen:

Boston DVD
PopMart Mexico City
Outside its America

Things I have seen

Red Rocks
Unforrettable fire Collection
R&H
Best of 80-90
Concert from '83

*runs*

:der:

Mrs. Edge said:
Oh Kathleen! Since when do we believe U2 critics??? This is SCANDALIZING! :shocked:

I remember skipping school 12 days in a row to see R&H at the theatre....and taking my elderly mom to the premiere and the guy at the box office saying "You're a bit old for this aren't you lady?" :lmao:

Ahhh the memories. Glad you at least liked it.

Hahaha @ your mom. My parents are older, too....it makes for some very interesting situations.

Oh yeah, I haven't seen Popmart either. :der: :der: :der:

Well, I don't know about that! LOL! She really doesn't get it about U2, or any "loud rock music" for that matter, but she can recognize Bono's voice over any PA system, and she does appreciate what the band does. She likes to stay reasonably "au courrant" too, which I give her credit for...unlike my dad, who tuned out of music around 1945ish.....:rolleyes:

As for being a fan back then....I know how you feel. I wish I were a fan back during War and UF! I can't imagine what I was doing and why I missed it all. :sigh:

dizzy said:

Your mom is so cool!

Oooh, how I wish I was already fan back then!

Mrs. Edge said:
As for being a fan back then....I know how you feel. I wish I were a fan back during War and UF! I can't imagine what I was doing and why I missed it all. :sigh:

Me too! I was in high school during the War/UF era, but I never heard any of U2's music until The Joshua Tree was released. I'm not sure how that happened either, but I suspect it has something to do with my parents not having cable TV when I was growing up, which meant no MTV. I didn't even see Red Rocks until a couple of years ago! I feel so cheated, not having experienced all that while it was happening. :sad:

Back
Top Bottom