I need some advice...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I know...it's creepy...:yikes:

How is that a toy? Toys are supposed to be fun, and enjoyable, not scary...I would never give one of those to my kids....

Now my brother's making fun of my hair....:grumpy:

The joy of younger siblings.....:madwife:

lol... When I was little, I got this little glass/plastic clown figuring from Circus Circus in Las Vegas. It must have been out of a little prize machine or something. So anyway, one night it was sitting on my dresser, and I kept feeling really weird about it. I had to hide it in a drawer... let's just say I didn't keep it! :wink:

Yeah....dreams where I jump off windows or roofs...i have those all the time....:shrug:

blindinglights7 said:
lol... When I was little, I got this little glass/plastic clown figuring from Circus Circus in Las Vegas. It must have been out of a little prize machine or something. So anyway, one night it was sitting on my dresser, and I kept feeling really weird about it. I had to hide it in a drawer... let's just say I didn't keep it! :wink:

:laugh:

I would've done the same thing....

Yaaaaay! 200 posts!!! :dance: :dance: :dancing:

Lemonchick said:
Now my brother's making fun of my hair....:grumpy:

The joy of younger siblings.....:madwife:

Oh yes. I feel for you. :hug:

Any particular reason he should be making fun of your hair?!

My little brother makes fun of my hair all the time. :|

:D

One of my friends just laughed at me when I told her about my 200th post....:laugh:

They say that they don't get this whole "blue crack thing".

:wink:

Lemonchick said:
:D

One of my friends just laughed at me when I told her about my 200th post....:laugh:

They say that they don't get this whole "blue crack thing".

:wink:

Course they don't!!!

*they're secretly very curious and very jealous*

My friends are that way too. If I ever talk about interference they're just like, "Okay." :lol:

Well, I better get going. Have a good night! Sweet dreams! (Hopefully not about clowns or jumping off buildings!!!)

Buddhism Day....

It really was an interesting day...we started off by watching a movie-Little Buddha...I really enjoyed it but the people behind me wouldn't stop talking...so that was annoying.

I'm fascinated by Buddhism...especially their concept of dettachment...and how you can free yourself from suffering when you don't attach yourself to anything. I don't quite get it...because the way I was raised I think i was practically programmed to be attached...but in Buddhism they make Mandalas with sand, and they're these beautiful pieces of art...but they just blow them away when they're done-because like that they make room for more mandalas to come. For more thoughts...because when we get attached we don't allow energies and thoughts to flow freely through our beings...

By freeing yourself from suffering you free your mind from the eternal cycle of rebirth and you reach enlightenment...or something like that.

But it's so hard not to be attached...I can't imagine myself not being attached to some of the things I'm a part of...It's so hard to just let go....

All those concepts messed with my brain for a while.

Then we saw another presentation of Buddhists symbols...and traditons...and things like that. I like how everything they do seems to have a meaning..

Meditation was by far the best part...It's something I wanna try again, maybe for a longer period of time...the first 15 minutes were really hard...I couldn't really stop thinking..but after that something happened...and I became more aware of my body...I could feel my heart beating, I could feel the blood flowing through me...it was strange...but then time was up and I had to go to the next workshop. Even when I was walking to the other classroom I felt so light headed...but balanced..at peace...it was a good feeling.

Japanese flower arrangements were fun. I like the fact that they have a certain structure that is meant to create peace, and harmony, and stillness...

Now I'm even more interested in oriental culture....it's so fascinating.

Today was not a good day at school.

1. People were being conceited

2. Our band officially sucks

3. I didn't get a whole lot done in study hall

4. I really could have fallen asleep in english. We are watching Moby Dick. :|

5. I got another 14/20 on a precal quiz. That's 3 now. But I understand what I'm doing now. Something must have clicked today. At least that's something good.

6. It's really cold and windy. I ran about 2 miles, which in itself is a good thing. But now my throat and ears hurt really bad.

7. The issues with 'friends'

8. Other negative emotions.

--------

Well, I guess life must have it's ups and downs. Kind of a bummer after last week, but you'll have that. Oh well... I suppose things can only get better from here.

You should try meditating...it really made me feel so much better about all the "friend" issues....and it's also good for getting rid of negative emotions....:hug:

Running 2 miles....I wish I could do that...I can't run...not for long distances...I like walking better.:wink:

14/20 is not soo bad....trust me, I've done worse.:|

--------------------------------------------------

I think what we have to understand is that we can't really control what goes on around us...and when we come to terms with that we can be better people...and we might live happier lives....:shrug:

I try not to worry about things I can't control, because it's a waste of time and energy. But sometimes I can't help it. My brain gets in the way. :huh:

Meditation sounds cool. But, what exactly does it consist of?

I've been wanting to do yoga too. :hmm:

Lemonchick said:
Buddhism Day....

It really was an interesting day...we started off by watching a movie-Little Buddha...I really enjoyed it but the people behind me wouldn't stop talking...so that was annoying.

I'm fascinated by Buddhism...especially their concept of dettachment...and how you can free yourself from suffering when you don't attach yourself to anything. I don't quite get it...because the way I was raised I think i was practically programmed to be attached...but in Buddhism they make Mandalas with sand, and they're these beautiful pieces of art...but they just blow them away when they're done-because like that they make room for more mandalas to come. For more thoughts...because when we get attached we don't allow energies and thoughts to flow freely through our beings...

By freeing yourself from suffering you free your mind from the eternal cycle of rebirth and you reach enlightenment...or something like that.

But it's so hard not to be attached...I can't imagine myself not being attached to some of the things I'm a part of...It's so hard to just let go....

All those concepts messed with my brain for a while.

Then we saw another presentation of Buddhists symbols...and traditons...and things like that. I like how everything they do seems to have a meaning..

Meditation was by far the best part...It's something I wanna try again, maybe for a longer period of time...the first 15 minutes were really hard...I couldn't really stop thinking..but after that something happened...and I became more aware of my body...I could feel my heart beating, I could feel the blood flowing through me...it was strange...but then time was up and I had to go to the next workshop. Even when I was walking to the other classroom I felt so light headed...but balanced..at peace...it was a good feeling.

Japanese flower arrangements were fun. I like the fact that they have a certain structure that is meant to create peace, and harmony, and stillness...

Now I'm even more interested in oriental culture....it's so fascinating.

Buddhism greatly interests me, as do many other aspects of oriental culture.......

I'm beginning to understand this detachment that they speak of, but I am unsure of it. There is one thing that I'm having trouble with....

I've dones some meditation stuff, and it is definitely clearing, providing some clarity and peace. For me, though, I don't have much problem finding peace. I usually feel like I should be doing something more. I'm not sure if I've seen little buddha, but it sounds familiar.

If you find out anything more about oriental culture, share it, because I'm interested in it, too.

=============

Isn't it nice to be able to come home to interference at the end of the day? I always look forward to this site.

I think I need to build up my running staminia.....
I can't wait to get to college so that I can use their exercise equipment, and get on some sort of a routine. I like programs, but I don't know enough about one to make one work at this moment in time.....

Originally posted by For Honor Isn't it nice to be able to come home to interference at the end of the day? I always look forward to this site.

I think I need to build up my running staminia.....
I can't wait to get to college so that I can use their exercise equipment, and get on some sort of a routine. I like programs, but I don't know enough about one to make one work at this moment in time.....

:yes: Even when I'm in school I always look forward to coming here and posting my thoughts and things about my day...it really is a great place. It gives you this nice feeling...like you belong somewhere. And the fact that we are all here because of our common love for such an amazing band....

Does it ever happen to you...that when you listen to U2...you have these moments...where the music just seems to grab you...I don't know how to describe it....but I always end up thinking...this is such an amazing thing...it's like magic of some sort....

------------------------------------------------

I really want to start exercising...even though I'm lazy and not very athletic...I know it will do me some good. I know there are some good fitness clubs around....and I might be able to meet some different people too....:yes: And I should really lose some weight...or gain some height...but that's not gonna happen...I'm stuck with being short.:grumpy:

Nothing is wrong with being short.

At least, that's how I feel if you are a girl :shrug: I guess I'm traditional that way :reject: I'm one of the taller people in my family, but I'm around average I guess for guys I guess.

=======

When I first started listening to U2, I was blown awaw. ALl of their songs hae so much more there than anything else, I'm spoiled rotten.

But now, there are only 2 songs that really make me "feel the magic". One, really. ANd that's my favorite song - PRIDE. But I respect all of U2's music, though I have a hard time listening to music lately....

Lemonchick said:

Does it ever happen to you...that when you listen to U2...you have these moments...where the music just seems to grab you...I don't know how to describe it....but I always end up thinking...this is such an amazing thing...it's like magic of some sort....
------------------------------------------------
...I'm stuck with being short.:grumpy:

Yes!!! I can get into music so much. And, the cool thing is, that with U2, you can listen to it 1,000 times and STILL get into it. I think I have listened to Streets (my favorite song) ten billion times, but it still is so moving. It's an amazing thing.

And, sometimes, a song you didn't really like grabs you. One time I was listening to ATYCLB, and Wild Honey came on. I used to really dislike that song, but all of the sudden I started liking it. Crazy how some things can really grow on you.

------------

I'm short too. Sometimes it's not so bad. Other times, I just wear heels. :wink:

Maybe it's not just the fact that I'm short...I feel slightly...disproportionate. Which is why i don't like shopping for clothes...I feel like things don't fit properly. :reject:

This is what I mean when I say that i'm very insecure....sometimes I think about it and I really doubt guys find me attractive...and when they look at me I think there's something wrong with me....:reject:

.....ever get that feeling that everyone around you is better than you?

Maybe this is why I'm having these "friend" issues...she knows this is my weakness...so she knows what to take advantage of...she knows where it hurts the most.:|

----------------------------------------------

And I can't get myself to wear heels....it requires coordination I lack...

I don't like it when girls where heels. They always say how much their feet hurt, and stuff, and I think it's kind of absurd :shrug: But then again, foot massages can be fun :macdevil:

I don't quite get it, though... I guess girls will always have a thing for shoes, and heels, and things like that.

I used to worry about people being better than me and such.....
not so much anymore.

I know I probably come off as arrogant sometimes, but..... well, morea about that later, maybe.

I think I wore proper heels once....gr.8 graduation...that was it. It was so embarassing...I tripped after recieving my diploma :reject: and yes, everyone laughed...:reject:.

After that...I stick with running shoes, boots, and platforms...never heels.

But I still constantly slip/trip, or walk into people or things.....I can't go through three days without falling...or hurting myself in one way or another...

....another thing I love about winter...wearing my boots. I already bought a really nice pair for this winter...and we might get some snow on thursday/friday!!!! :hyper:

I know... there's snow predicted for Wednesday here!!! :hyper:
I always love the first snow flurries...

I love wearing heels. I wear heels probably 50% of the time. If you find proper fitting shoes, they don't hurt. But I do have a lot of problems with my feet. I've had surgery on both of my feet, and will probably have to have another. I really don't think it's from my shoes though. I just bought a new pair of boots... :drool:

Explain a little more about meditation Dani!!! :hyper:

boots are cool :up:

Everyone trips in high heels in 8th grade. At least all the girls at my school did.

=

yeah, lets here more about the meditation

I wear heels probably 50% of the time

really? I can respect that. You must really like them, then. I don't know because I've never worn them, but like, what's the best part about high heels, from a girls standpoint?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom