I need some advice...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks For Honor, I think that's the one!!! :bow:

-------------------------------------------

I got the Vertigo DVD too!!! :hyper: But I have to wait till Christmas to see it, cuz it's a present. It's killing me!!! :shifty:

So I think I might come close to pulling an all-nighter tomorrow... I'm getting home from practice at like 10 pm, and have to do some more editing for my spanish project that will be due Wednesday. I worked on it for 7 hours Sunday...
:crazy:
I hate how my teachers are all trying to get stuff in before Thanksgiving break. I will have a spanish test, precal test, probably a physics quiz, and possibly a history quiz. I have a hard time coming home from school, only to do more school work. I mean, people will work at their jobs for 8 hours, and (i guess it depends on the job) they don't have to come home and do stuff for their job.

You're welcome; it was nothing

......Yeah, I know what you mean about school work. But i hear college is a bit stranger in that regard. All nighters can be quite the experience. Remember to pace yourself, and eat a lot. When you are awake, you need more fuel, regardless of stimulants like coffee and others.

So it's 1 am...

And I've got quite a bit to do yet. At least I have my spanish project done... glad that's over. I wish my group could have helped more. :grumpy:

At least I'll get to relax after tomorrow... 4 day weekend!!! :hyper:

How did your all nighter go?

I had an interesting night last night.
At the very least, saw the new Harry Potter movie.

What did you think of the Goblet of Fire? I loved it...I'm a big fan of harry potter, and that was by far the movie that was most faithful to the book. And besides, the goblet of fire is my favourite book of the series...:yes:

I'm having such a BORING week...I have to do a million tests (History, Religion, Biology) and I've been putting them off. I'll have to do them tomorrow and friday.

You have a holiday tomorrow??:madspit:

I have to go to school...the only good thing is that they're predicting 5-10 cm of snow overnight!! :hyper: So I'm looking forward to that....
--------------------------------

April, I hope your all-nighter went well. It looks like I'm going to have to pull one of those soon.....

I'm going to write my religion essay about angels...anyone know anything?

I'm looking for one...

=

The movie was entertaining. Even for not being a great fan, I enjoyed it. The best Potter movie so far

I actually didn't have to stay up all night... I went to bed around 2! If I had actually done all my homework and studied for my tests, I would have been up all night. But, I was feeling that it was one of those times where you're better off doing most of the stuff and getting some sleep. I finished my homework in study hall, and just used common sense on all my quizzes and tests. We got mid-terms today, and I pulled an A in PreCal!!! :hyper: I was so stunned...

------------

We got a couple inches of snow, and the roads were really bad this morning. They're calling for a bunch of lake effect now... :hyper:

------------

I have no plans for the 4 day weekend... :(
This is very sad. You would think I have no friends. Maybe I don't.

------------

We are doing this unit in english on Transcendentalism... it's really interesting stuff. I have to come up with my philosophy of life. Should be interesting... it's a lot of stuff to think about.

Do you ever feel like somebody's trying to ignore you? But, you're not quite sure. Am I being annoying? Hanging around too much? Do they find me not interesting? Do they just not like me?

Maybe it's just a coincidence. Seems that this person gets offline every time I get on... maybe I'm just being paranoid.

Yeah...sometimes i get that feeling...but I always tell myself that it's me being paranoid...:shrug:

I was dissapointed in Transcendentalism.

I don't remember it off the top of my head, but after I'm done here I'll go to wiki to get a refresher.

You'd think something with the name Transcendentalism would be more .... vast.... but I was dissapointed.

^ For the record...... I prefer Transcendental Idealism over American Transcendentalism...... but... well, nevermind.

Have any of you guys heard Carmina Burana? It's this opera thing...the lyrics are so interesting....

-----------------------------------

I think I'll do some more reasearch on it and get back with more....

Lemonchick said:
Have any of you guys heard Carmina Burana? It's this opera thing...the lyrics are so interesting....

-----------------------------------

I think I'll do some more reasearch on it and get back with more....

No, I haven't heard of this... let's hear some more about it!

---------------------

So, there's nobody on msn to chat with. Everybody must have exciting plans on a Friday night. :| I rarely have plans. Sorry I keep complaining. I don't mean to be whiny. :sigh:

---------------------

I learned how to play most of October on piano today... so that was one good thing. I guess the thing I like most about school is the fact that I'm not home. Just being home and having nothing to do is kind of depressing.

^ I know what you mean...........

=====

One thing, though, you can try to do..... is master your mind and emotions. I know that's somewhat lofty and "mystical", but...... it takes a lot of time. Learning about yourself, and dealing with solitude, just you and your mind, is quite an amazing thing. Becoming aware of what you are "aware" of.

But then again, you may already be doing this without even knowing it. It took me a while to realize it when I started it. Most definitely, though, this is a part of maturing and growing older. We all learn in different ways. The only thing I can really say is to "embrace" it rather than just "resist" it. But I'm sure you guys (well, girls, ladies...) here can do that.

You both seem to have a good head on your shoulders.

But then again, maybe you should disregard everything I said.
I could just be some crackhead with a laptop, you know...

For Honor said:
But then again, maybe you should disregard everything I said.
I could just be some crackhead with a laptop, you know...

:lol: Could be, but I highly doubt it.

You both seem to have a good head on your shoulders.

Everybody says I do... or most people anyways. Sometimes I doubt that I do though. I second guess a lot of the decisions I've made in life, and wonder if I did the right thing. But, I suppose in the end it all works out. There are sometimes good consequences to bad decisions.

I seem to have a good head for school... but not real life. :|

There is nothing wrong with reviewing decisions.

real life is an interesting thing. A fascinating thing. They should teach you that at school, and then you will be able to see where everything else fits in, I think.

Everyone has strengths and weaknesses, though.
To be :blahblah: for another moment: It's not whether you have them or not, it's how you manage and use what you've got to the best of your ability

For Honor said:
It's not whether you have them or not, it's how you manage and use what you've got to the best of your ability

true, true... :hmm:

================

So, since we've been doing all this Transcendentalism stuff in english, my teacher decided to have us think of our own philosophy on life. I haven't really had time to sit down and think about it that much yet, but part of it occured to me today:

Life is about the impact you have on others, who live the legacy you leave behind.

... I think I really like that. Life is about being in the moment, about using yourself as a tool to shape the world, all of our legacies existing together to make history, COEXIST. Everything revolves around everything else in the world. Our actions of today affect the world of tomorrow. Wait, now I may be getting away from the initial thought... It kind of relates to a quote from a poem I read awhile back. "It's about using your life to touch someone else's in a way that could never have been achieved otherwise."

==================

Can you imagine what school would be like if they taught real life?!! I can't even fathom...

"It's about using your life to touch someone else's in a way that could never have been achieved otherwise."

Hmm, those words are of great beauty. Where did you find them?

=

To teach life, that would be interesting......

It's from a poem I found in this little book... here's the whole thing:

What It's All About

Life isn't about keeping score.
It's not about how many people call you
and it's not about who you've dated,
are dating, or haven't dated at all.
It isn't about who you've kissed,
what sport you play,
or which guy or girl likes you.
It's not about your shoes or your hair
or the color of your skin
or where you live or go to school.
In fact, it's not about grades, money, clothes,
or colleges that accept you or not.
Life isn't about if you have lots of friends,
or if you are alone,
and it's not about how accepted
or unaccepted you are.
Life just isn't about that.

But life is about who you love and who you hurt.
It's about how you feel about yourself.
It's about trust, happiness, and compassion.
It's about sticking up for your friends
and replacing inner hate with love.
Life is about avoiding jealousy,
overcoming ignorance, and building confidence.
It's about what you say and what you mean.
It's about seeing people for who they are
and not what they have.
Most of all, it is about choosing to use your life
to touch someone else's in a way that could never
have been achieved otherwise.
These choices are what life's about.

- Author Unknown

Something really scary happened last night...we came home and found the kitchen window broken. It looked like someone had broken into our house...then we opened the door and found the backyard door open...but the really weird thing is...they didn't take anything.:huh:

We're not rich...at all..and we don't have any valuable things in the house...the most valuable thing we have is probably my brother's guitar and a few of my mom's jewels...but they didn't even go upstairs. Everything was exactly the same except for the broken window and the open door...it looks like they just went through...:huh:

The police didn't find anything...and the insurance company will repair the window...but what the hell? I just don't get it...we're thinking maybe they heard something and didn't have time to search the house...

I couldn't stop crying for like an hour after that...even though nothing was taken...:| It was really scary....and i obvously couldn't sleep last night...:(

I like that poem....

-------------------------------------
There's an interesting question in my philosophy unit....
"For what ideas would you live and die?"
--------------------------------------------

I don't know how to feel about things...about life in general....:|

April, what's your msn? I'm usually online on friday nights too...I never have plans...

wow, that is interesting. Maybe it was just some punk kids trying to be rowdy over the weekend?

If you're still being bothered by it, maybe take up some sort of self defense class, if that would ease your mind. Or just go over with your family what you should do if you are ever around when somethin glike that happens. Knowing what to do, and being prepared, will probably be beneficial in many ways.

Stay safe, though

There's an interesting question in my philosophy unit....
"For what ideas would you live and die?"
--------------------------------------------

Very, very, very few. But that's in this modern world, where, I, in the USA, have so much freedom it allows me to ponder things deeply. It's a greatly evolved society, though still corrupted. But I don't have to worry about food, or a house - it's there. ANd those things are essential, prerequisits. LIke a good offensive line in football, heh heh heh...

I overlook how much I have to be thankful for sometimes, and how much different life is here as opposed to elsewhere.

I suppose one idea, or ideal I would live and die for would be human progress, in hopes that everyone in the world could live to this high a standard. I don't know if that is feasible, or even possible, but still, it's a decent goal. That, and, knowing myself, maybe something to do with 'love'. That' s another decent excuse to live or die, in my opinion.

I guess the bottom line is, we're all human, and it eventually comes down to survival, one way or another. Somewhat primal, but true. I wondre if we can overcome that someday......

I don't know how to feel about things...about life in general....

I am glad that I at least have a partial personal philosophy developed. I suggest everyone spend time on their own - it makes decision making and general travel through life a lot easier. Nothing special, it doesn't have to be. But just like... find some things about yourself, and learn how to accept them, and get the most out of them, I guess......

So...I have to write a short story for English.

And the teacher completely banned two themes...Love and Death...he said that if we try to write about love or death...we are guaranteed a fail.

:scratch:

What's his problem? Or is he trying to make a point.

It's impossible to not write about love or death, if you really think about it. But then again I look at things from different perspectives...

Write about your awesome thread on interference :yes:

Or about coming home to your house and how weird that was when you found out the window and such was broken.

That's some good inspiration

Well...when we were in class he said something along the lines of.. "You people (as in teenagers) are the most depressing, emotional writers ever...and it kills me to have to read over 100 short stories of your travels to find your one true love...or about the mother of 7 kids dying and leaving them to some evil witch...just write about things you know...things you have lived"

I was thinking about writing a story about this thread...but it needs a plot...and a trigger incident...and some other things...I'll try to figure it out...

I've been thinking a lot about relationships...and about this "friendship" with this person. Things are never going to be the same...she's already drifting away. I think she's starting to notice that I'm not willing to take more crap from her…but I feel weird…nothing feels right…I don’t know what to do with myself...

I can’t even find a song…
:|

Back
Top Bottom