I need

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, Baby, you don't *need* a boyfriend. You are better by half than any man all by yo'self. A woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle.

Replace that *need* with *want*: "I *want* a boyfriend."

That's better.

You're not alone. :(

oh girls..
and you're all so gorgeous!

yes want is the word, not need! pax is so right about that one.
this is an atrocity, it truly is, you are gorgeous wonderful women. whats wrong with the boys in your parts? are they all blind?!

zooropamanda said:
oh girls..
and you're all so gorgeous!

yes want is the word, not need! pax is so right about that one.
this is an atrocity, it truly is, you are gorgeous wonderful women. whats wrong with the boys in your parts? are they all blind?!

Oh it goes way beyond this. It's much more complicated in my case. It's the same pattern over and over for me. It's been going on for years.

Last edited:
I'm not sure, Naya. I think it has nothing to do with my looks at all, it's a pattern for me too, a pretty pathetic pattern, and I am really scared that I won't be able to change it.

I can't believe you don't have a boyfriend though Naya, you're gorgeous!!

BabyGrace said:
I'm not sure, Naya. I think it has nothing to do with my looks at all, it's a pattern for me too, a pretty pathetic pattern, and I am really scared that I won't be able to change it.

I can't believe you don't have a boyfriend though Naya, you're gorgeous!!

Oh you're too kind BabyG. :eek: You're gorgeous too. And from what I have seen zoomanda and pax are very pretty too. INSIDE and OUT, of course. :)

I feel the same way as you do BabyG...That I'll never be able to break out of the same pattern. Maybe I should become a nun because I've been single for so long? :lol: :| The circumstances are always beyond my control. It's getting emotionally tiring, to tell you the truth.

Last edited:
...they were all born in the 80's

talk to me when your 27 and *still* alone.... *sigh.... I have wanted a boyfriend for a long time now. :scream:

Last edited:
who needs a man when I have a...

haha, this reminds me of what Cameron Diaz says to her friends in Something About Mary, I feel like Matt Dillion sitting there eavesdropping, alright I've stopped laughing at myself now, carry on (just wanted to get in on the girl talk) :sexywink:

I don't want a boyfriend. :p

My mom is a bit worry about me. She keeps on saying 'are you sure you don't want a boyfriend? I thought all the girls your age like to have one!' :rolleyes:

Well... :D

I'm 23, the people who know me best think I'm a good man, I think I'm a good man, I think I'm fairly good looking (not anything drool-worthy but not anything cringe-worthy either! ;)) and yet, surprise surprise, I'm single. So there's plenty of us on the other side as well, ladies - it just seems like we live in the wrong places! :slant:

I wish I could be more of the "hi, I don't know you, let's go out sometime" meet-in-a-bar type of guy, but dammit, it just ain't me...

Last edited:
I wish I could be more of the "hi, I don't know you, let's go out sometime" meet-in-a-bar type of guy, but dammit, it just ain't me...

damn thats my problem too :huh:

Diemen, thankyou. I mean for your post, not because you are single. :D Girls, and you guys too, there really are plenty of single people out there. The good ones aren't all taken despite what you all think. I really believe that statistically you dont have to worry. I have no basis for this at all, I'd love to know for a fact, but how many people really die alone or lonely? Most older people you know are not single. Daisybean and Angel you girls are not old either! 27 is a great age, nowhere near old yet. You see older people and they are not usually on their own. The ones you do meet are often unfortunately widows or widowers. You dont have to be beautiful or smart or nice to find someone. The funny thing is, I know that most of you here ARE all of those things. Think about all the mean or dumb people you know who have someone. If they managed, so will you guys. There is nothing wrong with any of you, you just never settled for whatever was on offer at the time.
I hope none of you have to wait too long.

I just keep meeting emotionally unavailable guys, I guess. I mean, I know I'm no supermodel, but I don't think it hurts to look at me either--I shower daily (twice if I've gone to the gym!), wash my hair, brush my teeth, use deodorant, et al. so I know that's not the problem...:huh:

We, uh, scare guys! We are so lovely and powerful that we intimidate them! Yeah, that's the ticket...

No, I don't have a vibrator

The Wanderer said:
haha, this reminds me of what Cameron Diaz says to her friends in Something About Mary, I feel like Matt Dillion sitting there eavesdropping, alright I've stopped laughing at myself now, carry on (just wanted to get in on the girl talk) :sexywink:

But I've thought about it...

Eck. I want a boyfriend too. But dating sucks. :mad:

..all of you have so much going for you and deserve something really special and worth holding on to..also means you have to wait it out..its stating the obvious but its something I can't tell myself at the moment so at least I can send it this way......

I would like to find someone that have the same taste in music that I do.Everyone that lives here(Arkansas)loves either country music or rap....r&b whatever you want to call it.I was talking to some woman at work the other day and we were discussing what our favorite song was and almost everyone at the table named some bunch of yahoos that I've never heard of.I said that mine was "Bad" by U2 and one of them said something like "I didn't know that U2 sang Michael Jackson songs!!!!"I almost passed out!:mad:

Angela Harlem said:
Daisybean and Angel you girls are not old either! 27 is a great age, nowhere near old yet.

Thanks!!!!!:)

Where I am living now (not where I grew up), it seems like if you are not married by 20 there is something wrong with you. I am being serious, most people here get married shortly after high school. It always struck me as odd to see this, because what attracts you at 18 doesn't attract you at 28. One one hand it makes me sad that they have someone and I don't. On the other hand it makes me sad that these people are just jumping into marriage because they are afraid that there is nothing else out there for them.

I think that mentality is starting to seep into my brain :sad: I think I need to move

Back
Top Bottom