I Just Got A Place

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

A_Wanderer

ONE love, blood, life
Nice big room in a nice big house, decent roommates and absolutely no more need to deal with family members unless I want to :)

Now all thats left to do is bring in my desk, put up some legitimate art and get a bloody girl (or few).

Sounds great! :)

I only have 11 more days of roommate living, woohoo!

That is obviously stage 3, given the high demand for qualified geologists I pin that one in under 5 years.

You were living at home? I always assumed you lived on-campus...of course for some that still means moving home for the summers.

I was in the 'went away for college and never came back' camp, except for brief holiday visits.

Well, good luck with it. :up:

yolland said:
You were living at home? I always assumed you lived on-campus...of course for some that still means moving home for the summers.

I was in the 'went away for college and never came back' camp, except for brief holiday visits.

Well, good luck with it. :up:

Australian Uni students tend not to live on campus, on the whole. There is on campus accomodation and some do use it, but it's mostly for overseas folk or students who have had to move really great distances to attend. It seems very different over there.

Good on you for getting your own place, A_W.
:up:

Angela Harlem said:

Australian Uni students tend not to live on campus, on the whole. There is on campus accomodation and some do use it, but it's mostly for overseas folk or students who have had to move really great distances to attend. It seems very different over there.

Do the students live in off-campus housing (alone or with roommates) or do they live at home?

Congrats on the new place! I loved living with my roommies in our houses off-campus, maybe the best times of my life. Granted, I avoided a lot of drama by being in control of our lease, all of our utilities, and decided who got to stay and who had to go. Our school required us to live on campus for 2 years (unless you were 21 or living with parents). It was good and bad - you can get up at 8:20 and still make an 8:30 class, but there was a lot of girl drama in the dorms, mostly from kids who never worked a day in their lives, didn't know how to share, and needed their mom to dress themselves. After that, most everyone gets a house or apartment with their friends. There are some apartments on campus, but they have lame rules and are actually more expensive, with less personal space (2-3 people per room, one bathroom for 4-5 people). Our school was weird b/c only the RAs could have single rooms, everyone else shared with 1-2 people, unless your roomie randomly left. I think most schools in the US have more on campus housing with a lot more choices. My sis goes to a huge school and she had tons of options, but chose to room with her friend in a tiny room b/c it's cheapest.

anitram said:

Do the students live in off-campus housing (alone or with roommates) or do they live at home?

Students are generally at home until they leave uni, or they group up in private rental accommodation, in a flat or whatever. Places on campus are so limited in number, and it's just not really a part of the whole uni experience here.

Plus the distances, there is basically a few universities to a major city and if you live there commuting is the cheapest option, Monash University where I go is basically a drive in university in the middle of the suburbs; theres also bugger all to do around it so going out demands the city.

Angela Harlem said:

Students are generally at home until they leave uni, or they group up in private rental accommodation, in a flat or whatever. Places on campus are so limited in number, and it's just not really a part of the whole uni experience here.
More money to spend on booze! :up: (which is a very large part of the uni experience here :shifty: )

And now I just got teh internetz :wink:

Which is good, although until I get wireless it's right here in the lounge room and you can't watch anything good with other people around.

Own place. Check
Fast internet plus wireless. Check
In the city I love. Check

Life's almost perfect. :D

Good on you for your own place. Now you have to wash the dishes, clean your place and get your laundry done yourself every time. ;)

Back
Top Bottom