I just can't seem to get a break

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kiki

New Yorker
mainly in my fantasy land.....ooooo how I wish it
alright, so just as things are setteling down and we're back on track with finances, life in general, and working out our relationship....crap hits the fan again. Monday my husband got laid off. Yeah we're seeking legal advice as it was done out of idiocracy rather than for any legit reason. He'd been workign 16 hour days, paid only for 8, worked a month straight with no days off, and because he was salary'd there's of course no record on the company's programs that he worked that hard and that long. His boss, being the complete witch that she is decides that it's best to let him go due to the fact he worked from 2 am till 6 pm on Sunday of last week, picking up crap that other people weren't doing.

So she let him work all day on Monday, a day that was to be his day off, and then let him go. He had surgery on his wrist 2 weeks ago and has been under strict order from the doctor, not to be doing anything with his arm/wrist. The doctor was aware they were giving him problems at work and wrote several notes to his boss. (and yes he had sick time that he used for the surgery)
Anyway, now he's applied for unemployment, he's been working like mad to find a new job, posting his resume on 7 different job finder sites, meeting with head hunters, etc. Today was his pay day from the old job.
Apparently they don't feel it necessary to pay him today. He's called and asked what the hell? They say they'll "look in to it and call him back".

I'm pissed, scared out of my mind as our rent is due this weekend, and feel as if I'm about to break.
I work a full time job and still see my own clients on the side(full time as an office manager for a medical office, my other job is as a massage therapist), and so this week I've been working till 6:30 and then going straight to do a massage and dont even get home to eat dinner or anything till 9:30 or 10.

I seriously can not take this, if they don't pay him today I swear to God this will be the straw that breaks the camels back.

This is horrible and I hope you win in your legal case. I will pray that all works out for you.

:hug:

Boy, what a shitty company. You work your ass off and you still get treated like shit and get laid off. Don't worry. Good things happen to nice people and your husband will definitely get a better job that will give him much more respect.

you are also a saint for working as hard as you do. Your husband is one lucky guy. If I ever get married, I wish I will have a wife as caring and as understanding as you.

TwoAmericas said:
you are also a saint for working as hard as you do. Your husband is one lucky guy. If I ever get married, I wish I will have a wife as caring and as understanding as you.

:hug: thank you. I don't want anyone thinking that's what I was looking for, but thank you for saying that. It does seem to make me believe even more that what I'm doing by working my butt off and picking up more and more clients, is the right thing. lol even if I'm exhausted!

(thanks Vari :hug: )

well he's applied to several several different jobs....but has only gotten one call back. It sucks that people just don't move fast when you're looking for a job! :lol:

even the place I work for, they've been wanting to get a massage therapist in for a while, they've interviewd a few people....but come on!!!! make a decision and call someone already!!! It's been almost 2 months since you started looking!!!

I hate the policy that most employers have that they only contact people they're interested in interviewing. I'd like to at least be certain they got my application...

Kiki.......my experience is.........life, every so often, has a habit of being a real shitbag to ya. Gotta keep your chin up. Look at it this way..... Hopefully soon, yer hubby will be back in work, and it wont be such shitty conditions as the job he got the dunt from.

Back
Top Bottom