I have had it...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justified

Refugee
I am tired of trying and throwing an ounce of trust to guys that I am interested in.

The minute I feel that I can let my massive wall down, I get hit with some confession and find out something that has been going on behind my back.

I am tired of this crap. I really am. I am going to become a nun.

:down: :mad: :scream:

:tsk:

:|

Are today's women that much different than the days of our mom's????

What is it that makes today's woman shake all the wrong packages and be forever sad or disappointed with what they get?

Life is not a grab-bag, I think its what you make of it and the happiness that comes along with the right choices....

Was Hillary Clinton correct in saying that women are no longer "stand by your man!" or stay home "making cookie" moms????

Honestly, what is it that today's women are searching for??? What is it that makes the perfect relationship; must it be perfect or is it more fun to mold what might be conceived as the perfect couple?

:confused:

In my case, I wasn't willing to deal with a :censored: who thought nothing of getting drunk, calling me and verbally abusing me. I think in the past, people in general, both men and women, were more quiet about certain forms of behavior that involved stuff that was widely socially unacceptable. For starters being drunk was considered a sin; now it's considered an illness and we are just more open about that now. Also abusive behavior wasn't discussed, it was silently tolerated, and now that's out in the open. The guy and I involved were both Catholic. I told his priest about the phone calls, and they stopped. I felt a bit like a dirty rat, but I didn't have a choice as the phone calls were incredibly emotionally draining. I am told that one of my great-grandfathers abused his wife, and she never said anything. They lived smack in the middle of the Victorian era, they were born during the Civil War, and there were things that weren't discussed in public, to put it mildly.

Last edited:
I hear ya ladies! I've had a long long string of strike outs.... :sigh:
:(

Mr BAW, I wish I knew the answer to your question....

SD

and, um, iris... do not become a nun please :| ok. :) (i only want to know one nun, not 2) theres someone out there for everyone. takes time. i realized this lately.

PS, some (not all) women are overrated too.

I thought the same thing cos well I didn't have my first boyfriend till I was almost 20 yrs old and he was horrible and my second boyfriend was even worse. But then I found Mike here on Interference and now here we are getting married in 24 days :D

So don't lose hope :hug:

Justified said:
I

I am tired of this crap. I really am. I am going to become a nun.

:down: :mad: :scream:

:tsk:

For some reason I just re-read this and it reminded me of when I told my roommate I was Done with Men and was gonna join a convent. She started calling me Sister Not Bloody Likely. :laugh:

Anyway....

SD

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I'm going to become a Stepford Wife.

Then maybe I'll get somewhere. :grumpy:

That totally blows, Iris. Let's go kick their asses.

Ack! That's not the answer, let's make some Stepford Husbands! :hyper:

I haven't even had a real date, let alone a boyfriend. The handful of guys who have asked me out or shown any interest were total creeps, or totally pushy, mentally ill or just plain stupid. So I turned them all down. I'm not even being picky, they are just not even worth the time. The guys I'm attracted to are only interested in Blonde Perfection and seem to have an unending supply of them, so I cannot compete.

So, I am all for building an android...!

Last edited:
:huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:

oh i don't know anymore.

really, i get all pissed off and damn me to hell and what do i do?

call his ass tonight! :down:

:laugh:

Last edited:
Mr. BAW said:

Honestly, what is it that today's women are searching for???

I can only speak for what I am looking for. I want to meet a guy that I physically attracted to, who will be able to give me the butterflies in my belly again by just hearing his voice on the phone. Who wants to be with me , who is way over the college partying lifestyle. Who is not wanting to go to a sorority party at the age of 31. Who does not get drunk every weekend and every other week day night. Damn mine was doing sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good until I realized I was fooling myself and that he is not ready to date seriously and that he is not the right one for me. The right one is out there, I know it. But damn it is f'ing annoying most of the time when I set high expectations up *i don't think they are too high* and they are crushed.
:huh:

oh well. :laugh: NEXT please.

Last edited:
Re: Re: I have had it...

Sherry Darling said:

For some reason I just re-read this and it reminded me of when I told my roommate I was Done with Men and was gonna join a convent. She started calling me Sister Not Bloody Likely. :laugh:

Anyway....

SD

:lmao:

Justified said:

I can only speak for what I am looking for. I want to meet a guy that I physically attracted to, who will be able to give me the butterflies in my belly again by just hearing his voice on the phone. Who wants to be with me , who is way over the college partying lifestyle. Who is not wanting to go to a sorority party at the age of 31. Who does not get drunk every weekend and every other week day night. Damn mine was doing sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good until I realized I was fooling myself and that he is not ready to date seriously and that he is not the right one for me. The right one is out there, I know it. But damn it is f'ing annoying most of the time when I set high expectations up *i don't think they are too high* and they are crushed.
:huh:

oh well. :laugh: NEXT please.

Start ur search in the area of "older" men....I met BAW when I was 36..all the nonsense was out of my system by then...we started our serious relationship when I turned 38...doesn't work for everyone....but each situation is different...I will be 53 in two weeks and I feel like I'm 30!!!!!!!!!!

You're looking in the wrong places Iris. Keep away from friends and friends of friends who are all connected by similar interests. Look outside your circle for someone new, without a connection to these guys. That's probably generalising too, but I dunno. Start a new search in a new place.

You'll get there.
:up:

all i'm looking for is a guy who will make me a priority in his life and wants to be with just me and no one else.

i don't think that's toomuch to ask for.... is it?:huh:

tell me it is a bad thing to be flirting with one of your new coworkers who was born in 1980. :laugh: I can't help it, he is cute!

Back
Top Bottom