I hate telephones

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sparkysgrrrl

War Child
I do.
I hate talking on them, I hate being put on hold, I hate having to use pay phones and being in the middle of something and it telling me to deposit more money when I have none, I hate the busy signals, I hate the screeching noise when I've accidently hit a wrong number and get a fax machine, I hate when others phones are so old I can barely hear them talk, I hate the antennea on my friends phone because you can only use it in one part of his apt. without it going fuzzy and I hate pushin 1 for this and 2 for that or wait on the line and we might find an actual live human to answer your question.

But I still want one.
I hate pay phones worse than phones all together

(and I also hate that when I go to type 'phone' I keep typing 'ophne')

One time, at work, I was so excited to answer the phone that I whipped the receiver up too fast and conked myself in the eye.

Ow.

i hate having to dial the area code before every number here in Atlanta. I hate that we have 5 different area codes in Atlanta. my home number, cell phone number and work number all have 3 different area codes! :scream: that is annoying. i hate when you pick up phone after it rings and the person who rang you up asks you to hold! :mad: i usually say F off and hang up on them.

When I was younger, I hated using the phone. I'd do just about everything else to avoid making a call. :mad:

How ironic that I now work for a wireless carrier, am on the phone constantly (and love my job). :scratch:

I sound like a complete dork on the phone...Half my conversation is based on facial expressions and trying to explain things with my hands. The phone is not my medium.

I especially hate the phone at work right now. I changed stores TWO WEEKS AGO and I still answer like I'm at the old one!

Everyone thinks I am my sister on the phone. And everyone puts me on call waiting. Now, if I am put on call waiting, I hang up right after they click away. I hate waiting.

KhanadaRhodes said:
people always think i'm my mom on the phone, even back when i was younger. :huh:

me too! and I hate it when they automatically assume it's my mom and they say her name right when I answer! No "may I speak to..."

Back
Top Bottom