I Hate I Hate I Hate I Hate I Hate I Hate Job Interviews!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TripThruUreWires

I serve MacPhisto
there is nothing else in the universe i loathe as much as job interviews! There are times I honestly believe that I would rather be abducted by aliens and given an unvoluntary anal probing. Yes, i know that sounds heinous, but it's the truth. The worst yet, though, are the first few hours following the interview in which the thought, "I should have said this...or that instead...etc" is constantly running across your head. It makes me sick to know that some doofus who happens to be slick and can bullshit his/her way through the interviewing process could easily get a job that i would clearly be better and well suited for.

:hmm: you know, i'm either just going to start my own business (seeing as i wouldn't have to interview myself and would clearly think i am the best choice for the job at hand) OR just succumb to stripping (and thus heeding the advice written in my high school yearbook by a valued guy friend).

Last edited:
Re: I hate job interviews

The Wanderer said:
I loved Interview with the Vampire, I don't think Tom Cruise has made a decent movie since

you little bitch wanderer.

this is a serious thread.

go gush about how cute you think tommy cruise is and how taut you think his buttocks are in Pleba or something. :down:

brad looked too glossy in that movie

I absolutely cannot stand them, either. It's like you have to put on this fake face and be annoyingly perfect. :yell: I'm awful at that.

I also hate that they can keep you waiting, take other calls, etc. but you're supposed to sit there graciously, all while thinking, "Is this person going to be that much of an ass if I'm hired?" :scratch:

Bleh. I might as well get prepared....I've got to screw on my best face, I have another one on Friday.

:hyper:

Nice thread

Trip...
trust me you are not the only one who loathes job interviews

I had one about 2 months ago.. it was a complete disaster

I was not qualified the position, but I managed to get an interview with the place. It was a great place too, great reputation and everything.

If I was a good bullshitter, perhaps I could have got the position, or maybe they would go for someone with solid qualifications. Anyway, I am not a good bullshitter so that wasn't an option.

I told myself, I will turn up to the interview anyway, I mean I got an interview so I might as well. When I got there, there were 3 interviewees.

I was so nervous it wasn't funny. They had a look of sympathy for me that's how nervous I was.

The questions they ask, were all expected. But my nerves got the better of me, and I still managed to screw them up. I even admitted things in the job interview which I shouldn't have brought up.

When asked why did I quit the last job (I told them I quit) I said I didn't get along with the manager. Which is true, but you don't say that in the job interview.

The worst part of all was they were talking to me like as if I had a chance. I kept thinking "please spare me the......." im not sure what the right word to describe it is, but spare me of what they were doing you know.

Anyway... I totally understand where u r coming ffrom

Lots of people r nervous for job interviews. My bestfriend who is extremely qualified in a lot of the positions she goes for, doesnt manage to get through because she stuffs up in the interview.

Anyway...you can't be worse then me.

i wish u all the best for any future job interviews.
peace

Re: Re: I Hate I Hate I Hate I Hate I Hate I Hate Job Interviews!!!!!!

martha said:

You can make an absolute shitload of money doing this. Think about it!! :sexywink:

true.

Re: Re: I Hate I Hate I Hate I Hate I Hate I Hate Job Interviews!!!!!!

martha said:
You can make an absolute shitload of money doing this. Think about it!! :sexywink:

Ack! I hope you don't take this seriously Trip. What kind of work are you looking for?

Job hunting is a humbling experience. All the efforts you would put into fitting into an organization condensed down to one half-hour (or so) talk.

Someday you will see clearly why you didn?t get a particular job and be thankful. I am amazed looking back at some of the places I thought would be the perfect job only to learn how much worse things would have been had I gotten the job.

Peace and Joy.

re: I Hate I Hate I Hate I Hate I Hate I Hate I Hate I Hate I Hate I Hate I Hate I Ha

I had a frustrating 5-6 months of trying to find work immediately after I left college. The fact that I had no work experience really pulled me down at many interviews, and put me on the back foot before I'd even set foot inside the door. I'm very shy in the outside world anyway so it multiplied when I had to sit in front of 2-3 people trying to sell myself. I have no great advice on how to approach them..I've always felt they don't provide an accurate representation of the correct candidates..occasionally the strongest interviewee in the interview doesn't justify his/her selection, and ends up leaving a few weeks later which I've seen a fair few times myself. Hope it works out for you all

Brooke-
As coy and witty as you come across here on Interland..I think a job interview would b a slam-dunk for you..

Dont stress.
Dont talk to much.
Im sure u will do fine:)

DB9
:dance:

Me too...

That's probably why I'm unemployed and unmotivated to hunt for a job. :shifty: :silent:

diamond said:
Brooke-
As coy and witty as you come across here on Interland..I think a job interview would b a slam-dunk for you..

ahh, but you see, dave, that's the problem. i could perhaps make an interviewer giggle or blush by finding a degree of perversity in even the most mundane of things...but i don't think that's what they're looking for.

...:hmm: perhaps i could be a stand up stripper....

The thing to remember about interviews is that it is all nonsense. You have no reason to be nervous because they only thing they are interested in is you. They wouldn't interview you if they didn't think that on paper you had the the qualifications and experience. All and interview does is sway that final yay or nay, depending on how you present yourself.

Remember. Be yourself. And if that fails, be me :)

Back
Top Bottom