I gave up facebook for Lent and I don't miss it!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You are missed though! :hug:

I've been vowing to give up Interference. The longest I have lasted when not on vacation is 2 weeks! :lol:

it forces people to actually email or text you/me. I do not like phone calls, so the other two methods are better for me. :sexywink:

I am sure when I go back online it will be like a soap opera. People will be talking about the same thing just a different month. :wink:

See that is the problem. Most of my texts would be international so I HAVE to use facebook.

Yes, that's it. :shifty:

It wouldn't be facebook without drama. :wink:

:lol:

I'd really miss your mexican inspired(?) profile pic if I left! :wink:

Iris, congrats on getting the ticket! Please make sure you come back on FB so I can live vicariously through you when you travel. :D

I gave up potato chips for Lent and it's killing me already. I hope to lose some weight too. Don't know if I'll make it.

I was going to give up this place for Lent but potato chips are much more difficult for me to give up, so they won out.

heh, I actually just got back on facebook (after a roughly 2-year hiatus :eek:)! After a few days of catching up w/ old friends, it would seem the highly popular social networking site has lost its luster for me... I dunno, maybe I'm just not doing it right, lol; I've no idea what to "do" with it. I mean, there's the occasional humorous comment and/ or informative article that's posted, but other than that, if I really want to get in touch with someone, I still resort to the archaic means of telephono communicato.

heh, I actually just got back on facebook (after a roughly 2-year hiatus :eek:)! After a few days of catching up w/ old friends, it would seem the highly popular social networking site has lost its luster for me... I dunno, maybe I'm just not doing it right, lol; I've no idea what to "do" with it. I mean, there's the occasional humorous comment and/ or informative article that's posted, but other than that, if I really want to get in touch with someone, I still resort to the archaic means of telephono communicato.

welcome back? :wink:

I have a love/hate relationship with Facebook. I've seen it strengthen some friendships and ruin others. It's a great way to keep in touch with people but shouldn't be the only measure of a friendship or the only means of communicating with people.

I gave up candy for Lent. I can't give up Interference because I need to bitch about it on here. :wink:

I live quite a simple life, there are many things I can live without. I hardly ever go shopping, I don't have a car, I don't need new clothes, shoes, jewellery, bags, furniture, stuff like that. I spend very little money on food or drink. I don't have facebook and, besides my laptop (which is pretty old, btw) and my digital camera, I don't have any technical stuff. I hardly ever watch tv, in fact, I can't stand tv, I sometimes don't turn on my tv for a week or so and don't miss it.

There's much stuff I can live without. Some stuff I can't live without, like music, art, books, poetry, being physically active, spending time outside, writing.

I don't drink alcohol most of the time, I can live without eating sweets, though I sometimes have a huge craving for cake or cookies :wink:.

But I truly feel that you don't need that much for life, sometimes all this stuff is just a distraction from what's really important. I am really learning to accept that right now because I'm on a half-year long educational pause from work and don't have much money. It's actually not that hard to give up things that you don't really need. I don't even buy books anymore because I have about 50 books that still need to be read. It's an interesting life and I think about "giving up" things a lot these days.

Last week I was fasting and it was hard at first, then became easier every day, until I didn't think about food any more and didn't have hunger. It helps me to focus on other stuff. I really think about that concept of giving up stuff a lot and about sacrifices and when and if giving up something really is a sacrifice and when it isn't. I think sometimes we think that we cannot give up something and that it's tough and we'll miss it, when in fact it turns out that it can also be something positive and constructive that gives our lives new perspectives and provides us with new opportunities that we didn't see before. Time can be one thing to gain and I think that's more valuable than many other things.

if you haven't figured out by now, my responses to text messages suck. so, if you want catch up, email me.

for those who care about my status update, here you go:

finally saw Radiohead live and loved every second of it, my car is near death (transmission has roughly 3000 miles left before it is dead) so I am now shopping for a new car. I have had my car since Nov 1998 and it is a 1999, so I have held on to it for a long time and it is time to part ways. What else is going on? Oh, I booked my flights to Manchester and to Rome for early June to visit friends and I am looking forward to my visits. Okay that is about all. Nothing much, so see, you are not missing out on anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom