I don't know how to title it

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aine_hewson

Acrobat
Yesterday I went to a party with my parents, it was their friend's son bday party...
And.. well.. I'm 16... and the rest of the kids were 14... and the dj was playing rap, and raggae.. And.. besides I don't like dancing.. I don't see how you can dance this kind of music, I think they're just for listening only... and I was with my bf, and he also doesn't like to dance...

Well... now.. i was having lunch.. and my mom said that the boy's mother said that at least her boy's gf dances... and I said about the thing I don't like to dance and also I don't think that those kind of music were to dance...
Well, my step dad raised his voice and said that I critic things too much and that ppl think I'm stupid and antipathetic...

Well, after that all I wanted is to cry.. I mean.. I gotta stop saying what I think and doing things I don't like ???
I left the table without even finishing eating.. and I don't feel hungry now...

When I left the room he screamed "yeah.. keep on that way.. you're doing great!!"

:sad:

Stupid people... :sad:

:hug: It is SO WRONG for people to judge you by what THEY think is 'normal' or what so-n-so's kid does. You are a good person :up: Would they rather have a bad kid who dances or a good kid who doesn't want to dance? I think that's terrible. Keep your head up and feel good about yourself!

:wink: Yeah..you don't have to dance if you don't want to! And, not everyone likes rap music...!:eyebrow: And i certainly can't dance to it! :huh: Really, it's ok to be yourself!

:hug:
My parents used to always get annoyed with me for being anti-social when I lived at home or when I came back and we visited other family members.

:hug:

it's so annoying when people judges you for such insignificant things :no:... just don't pay attention (is hard to do that I know), but if you are happy without doing the things that other people do, you don't have to worry about them :)...

ah... i like rap but rap is not for dancing... :D...

When you're a teenager it's important to fit in, so when people try to make you feel bad for being different, then it can hurt! I was one of those kids who was different, and let me tell you, being different makes you interesting. If people want to criticise you for that, then they are the ones who are feeling challenged by your questioning of normality.

If you haven't already, you will make good friends like yourself. You will make friends that aren't classed as 'normal'. You will be attracted to each other, because interesting people attract interesting people, and do interesting things, and boring people attract boring people, and do boring things.

Their lives are pretty much regulated by what's 'in', and they can't think outside the square that they live inside. You, on the other hand, exist outside the square, and can form your own opinions. People living inside the square will always view you with suspicion, because they don't understand the idea of someone being different. They will try to bring you down to their level, but don't let em! Embrace your individuality.

Back
Top Bottom