I called the cops to end my neighbours party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AM

Refugee
This is really bad and I?m afraid that when I?m done with my cofession none of you will be talking to me any more.

My neighbour was having a party @ Christmas and it went on until 2 am. I was really pissed off because I had to work the day after and was getting not enough sleep. But all it went all quiet until about 4 am when they started again. Gaaah!!! By 4.30 I was really mad and went upstairs to complain, but they were just making fun of me. I decided to call the police which I did and let them end their party.

Man, I feel so bad now. Sending the cops to my own neighbours. I haven?t talked to them about it, kind of avoideing them, but before that we really got along quite well.

Do you think I was just pissed off because I had to work and they had a party?!?!?!?!

$%#??&($?/#"" !!!!!*

*very bad icelandic language...

------------------
"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

well, at least you asked them to stop first

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

[This message has been edited by Salome (edited 12-31-2001).]

Originally posted by Salome:
well, at least you asked them to stop first

I agree.

I almost called the cops to a neighbor's house once. It was a weekend I was home alone, and they were having a raging party and racin' their cars around the neighborhood and stuff. I had to get up early for work, but it was hard to sleep when the bass from their music was making my walls vibrate.
mad.gif

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

You did exactly what I would have done.

Back in the college days, I had to call the cops on these jerks who decided to have parties almost all week long. I attempted to explain to them that I actually had a job, but they didn't quite catch the concept of 'work'.

AM...Don't feel bad, you did what you had to do.

This post made me think of a funny story...

When I was in high school, I was partying with my friends after prom...I'd never gotten drunk before, and I was having quite a good time (happy as I'd ever been!). A car pulled up, and we thought it was the cops. My friends said I started crying and screaming, "I can't get arrested! I'm an honor student! I'll lose my scholarship!" and shit like that. Turns out it was just my friend's older brother and his friends. *lol*

God...I was such a dork in high school...*sigh*
biggrin.gif

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

AM, like everyone said, you did ask first, and having to work the next day is a very valid reason to do what you did. Another thing, the party went on til around 4am!!! Thats an awfully long time to be making a ruckus. It's rude, and unnecessarily long. Its not like you killed a party at 11pm, which even then if the noise is too much wouldn't be a problem. You let it go for ages for them, they should be sorry darl.

Hope you ease your guilt, we all think its unfounded and you were quite within your right to do as you did.

I would call the cops if something majorly illegal was going on, but other than that, no way I would call the cops on somebody, it would be different if they did it 2 or 3 times a week, but on Christmas??? nah... but that's just me

My old neighbours used to play golf down the wooden stairs, and play darts against my bedroom wall, throwing 4 darts each time
confused.gif
They used to do lotsa weird shit alright, and I was only like 12 then, and played soccer with them, they were like 25 or so, all guys, and yes, they did some hard drugs
biggrin.gif
It was feckin hard living beside them too! And yes, we did call the cops a few times on the bastards
tongue.gif

What you did sounded totally fair enough AM, and you still not talkin to them? You should just try and explain, if they were friends before they should see your point, unless they got jailed?
redface.gif
heehee

Originally posted by lazyboy:
What you did sounded totally fair enough AM, and you still not talkin to them? You should just try and explain, if they were friends before they should see your point, unless they got jailed?
redface.gif
heehee

I guess they went away for the holidays, because I haven?t seen them since Christmas. Don?t think that they got jailed.

Hey your neighbours seemed to be "interesting". I?m glad they didn?t hurt you.

------------------
"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

It's an awful feeling when you have to be a shoosher rather than a shooshee. Still, better calling the cops than taking matters into your own hands, as I'm often tempted to do.

Why can't people just go to a club or something?

------------------
"The animals, baby"

I have a hard time accepting that you called the police. But that's just me.

I would have called the house first and tell them that I was gonna call the cops if they didn't quiet down.

Originally posted by CannibalisticArtist:
clubs in the US of A, are only open till about 2:30 am. they can take their party to 7-11 or some all-night resturant if they get really desperate, i suppose.

Depends where you are in the US of A. In New York City, clubs close at 4am. However, there are many underground clubs that have after hours.

In Boston its 2am. Same in Binghamton, NY in case you were wondering.

CK

I think you were entirely in your rights calling the cops on them. People should be considerate of others, imho, I don't care WHAT day of the year it is. There's no excuse for rudely assuming you are the only person in the universe.
tongue.gif

-sula

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
I think you were entirely in your rights calling the cops on them. People should be considerate of others, imho, I don't care WHAT day of the year it is. There's no excuse for rudely assuming you are the only person in the universe.
tongue.gif

-sula

Quite.

------------------
"The animals, baby"

Originally posted by TheU2:

Depends where you are in the US of A. In New York City, clubs close at 4am. However, there are many underground clubs that have after hours.

In Boston its 2am. Same in Binghamton, NY in case you were wondering.

CK
yep there is one club here that closes at 3:30am. i'm talking about majority of places though. also the fact that you cannot get alcohol after 2 am doesn't help the club scene stay alive after then.

[This message has been edited by CannibalisticArtist (edited 01-03-2002).]

don't feel bad, AM, I wouldn't have even asked them first - I'm the biggest bitch when it comes to noisy neighbors - I don't put up with anything. I call the cops or *cough*security*cough* if parties go past 11:00 on weeknights or midnight on the weekends. There's no reason for people being obnoxious and disrupting other people's peace. I don't want to hear your noise - I want to sleep!
mad.gif

My motto is: if you want to party, go buy a freakin' house out in the country or something; but when you live in an apt. community, SHUT THE HECK UP.

You don't want to be my neighbor!
icon16.gif

im sure the cops wouldn't have arrived until 5am, by which time they should have been drunk enough to go to bed. Anyway, all they would do is tell them to keep it down, and if they then did it shouldn't have been a problem.

btw, AM what do you call the police in iceland?

Originally posted by Discoteque:
don't feel bad, AM, I wouldn't have even asked them first - I'm the biggest bitch when it comes to noisy neighbors - I don't put up with anything. I call the cops or *cough*security*cough* if parties go past 11:00 on weeknights or midnight on the weekends. There's no reason for people being obnoxious and disrupting other people's peace. I don't want to hear your noise - I want to sleep!
mad.gif

My motto is: if you want to party, go buy a freakin' house out in the country or something; but when you live in an apt. community, SHUT THE HECK UP.

You don't want to be my neighbor!
icon16.gif

I agree with you 10000000 per cent. If I pay my own rent, by God, you respect that I have a right not to hear your noise..

Disco..I am the same way as you..I would have turned their electricity off from the outside unit.

Originally posted by zoomerang II:
btw, AM what do you call the police in iceland?

lol - l?gregla or l?gga for short. And you dial 112

- - - - - - - -

Anyway, we are cool again. I talked to the guy and everything is fine, which is a great thing.

------------------

Back
Top Bottom