How do you break a bad habit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

guaca

Refugee
I am not sure where this belongs..so this is as good a place as any for it I suppose.

Im struggling with a cycle of events that seem to repeat themselves in some ways..and Im trying to figure out where in my psyche that comes from..Does the old saying Old habits die hard ring true..or is it just in our makeup as people.

I mean, you'd think as you get older you gain an intellectual capacity to love, to hate, to understand, to change, whatever..so why is it that no matter how old you get..or how much crap you might go through..you never learn...you only get more regrets and more crap...

Is there something I should be doing for myself to stimulate that power from within..Please enlighten me on this one..cause it is really very very frustrating to repeat and repeat and never get away from it..very annoying to say the least..maybe I am just weak..I dont know..do you?

well I dont know if there is a specific bad habit that I am referring to and I dont even know if it is a habit really.

I just look at things that have happened to me and it seems to continue in a cycle that makes my brain hurt...

And it seems to come down to either not having a willpower to be strong.. to wanting and needing a stronger shoulder to lean on rather than your own..and I was just wondering how you break that feeling..cause to me its like a bad habit..and because of that tendency it causes people to abuse you over and over again in some way...and you not being able to break out of that..

..that probably makes no sense...maybe Im just babbling...

guaca said:
well I dont know if there is a specific bad habit that I am referring to and I dont even know if it is a habit really.

I just look at things that have happened to me and it seems to continue in a cycle that makes my brain hurt...

And it seems to come down to either not having a willpower to be strong.. to wanting and needing a stronger shoulder to lean on rather than your own..and I was just wondering how you break that feeling..cause to me its like a bad habit..and because of that tendency it causes people to abuse you over and over again in some way...and you not being able to break out of that..

..that probably makes no sense...maybe Im just babbling...

in other words, you dont want to lean on anyone for any moral support, kinda thing?

Back
Top Bottom