eh

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't know, I think it's the same as real life where you really have to be careful and know the person real well. It helps when you know the person longer and maintain constant contact so you can kinda get an idea about their lifestyle and who they are..... Being honest is the best policy.

So far, things with us have been amazing, and each day keeps getting better. This weekend we spoke on the phone for a total of 9 or 10 hours in 2 days. Sometimes you just get a feeling of whether it's right or not, and my gut instincts have been spot on so far. I hope they are still right!

Babydoll said:
I don't know, I think it's the same as real life where you really have to be careful and know the person real well. It helps when you know the person longer and maintain constant contact so you can kinda get an idea about their lifestyle and who they are..... Being honest is the best policy.

So far, things with us have been amazing, and each day keeps getting better. This weekend we spoke on the phone for a total of 9 or 10 hours in 2 days. Sometimes you just get a feeling of whether it's right or not, and my gut instincts have been spot on so far. I hope they are still right!

I hope they are still right also :hug: You and Wayne really are so cute together :)

I just used eh in my last post and I'm not Canadian. Though some argue Michigan is close enough sometimes....

Back on topic, I had a long distance relationship once. One thing to watch out for is mis or over interpreting e-mails and chatting online. What I mean is, it's way different than even a phone conversation.

For example, one side could write, "I really gotta go." And the other would say, "whatever." That can be interpreted so many ways. It could be sarcastic? It could be meh, no big deal. Or it could be...whatever, we're done! Usually, it means go ahead with no worries.

This started off as a serious post, but I am now laughing at myself...I do mean it though. Don't read into things too much. eh? :wink:

Got Philk? said:
I just used eh in my last post and I'm not Canadian. Though some argue Michigan is close enough sometimes....

Back on topic, I had a long distance relationship once. One thing to watch out for is mis or over interpreting e-mails and chatting online. What I mean is, it's way different than even a phone conversation.

For example, one side could write, "I really gotta go." And the other would say, "whatever." That can be interpreted so many ways. It could be sarcastic? It could be meh, no big deal. Or it could be...whatever, we're done! Usually, it means go ahead with no worries.

This started off as a serious post, but I am now laughing at myself...I do mean it though. Don't read into things too much. eh? :wink:

You make an excellent point with that Phil :yes: One of my main problems with internet conversations is that you can never tell what kind of tone the other person is using. Just don't be on the defensive and roll with it!

Babydoll said:

:cute:

I really enjoy talking to you on the phone. We just get lost in the conversations and spend hours talking.
She has a great sense of humour too. Lastnight when we was talking, she remembered something I told her on MSN about an hour before I called her. She was laughing non-stop for a good 5 minutes or so :lol:!!
We have a blast when we're together. Its like we've been friends for years :)

BonosBaby12 said:

I hope they are still right also :hug: You and Wayne really are so cute together :)

Thank you :D

online relationships are tricky. I know of one person who met someone online and now she's married to him, although it was a dating site. I too, have been fooled by the easiness of communicating with someone online and believing things were the real deal or that he was really decent, nice...etc. I've had some bad experiences and some stalker-esque situations.

Chatting online and e-mails are great, but phone calls and eventually a face-to-face meeting will really tell you what you're dealing with and if it's a good thing. I say proceed cautiously and see where it goes. And I think it was Phil who said that things can be easily misinterpreted over a screen, and that's very true.

Good luck, good things can happen. I don't normally talk about this (considering many people think it's 'lame' to meet people online), but I randomly met my fiance online, he had U2 in his profile and I sent him an e-mail and bam. But we've known each since 1998, so the friendship foundation has been set for many years and we kept in touch even while we were dating other people. We didn't move forward with anything more than that until nearly 5 years ago and it's been fantastic because he was my friend to begin with. :heart:

waynetravis said:

:cute:

I really enjoy talking to you on the phone. We just get lost in the conversations and spend hours talking.
She has a great sense of humour too. Lastnight when we was talking, she remembered something I told her on MSN about an hour before I called her. She was laughing non-stop for a good 5 minutes or so :lol:!!
We have a blast when we're together. Its like we've been friends for years :)

That is really sweet Wayne! I'm so happy for the both of you. You two definitely share something special. I'm glad you've found each other.

it makes sense that more people find love through the internet today. the danger is that you don't really know the person. you only really know a person when you're with them, imo.

redhotswami said:

That is really sweet Wayne! I'm so happy for the both of you. You two definitely share something special. I'm glad you've found each other.

Thank you :) We are too :yes:

Our phone calls are always fun, making her laugh is the part I like most. Her laugh is so cute :drool:
She can laugh at something I said that second, or she remembers something I probably told her weeks ago :lol: :cute:

Then there's the moment where we say the samething at the sametime :hmm: they happen a lot, and i hope they continue.

Btw, loov, its PLEEE-BAH!! :shifty:

Jeannieco said:
Hey you guys, did any of you that have had bad experiences meet anybody from this website? :ohmy:
Seriously, no names, just yes or no.??

Sorta :shifty: Not for dating really, but as friends.
He wasnt a psycho or anything but bad experience, yes.
He was just completely different in real life than online.

I phone her, tell how to pronounce PLEBA, then put the phone down :lol:

Nah its ok, i dont mind. sure as hell beats the shit out of MSN :rockon:

Babydoll said:

I'm glad that it turned out this way, and hope that in the future things between the two of you will only continue to get even better than they already are :hug:

Sicy said:

Isnt that quite expensive? UK/USA? :shifty:

:up:

When I was living abroad my 'rents were almost weeping when it was time for a new phone bill. We spoke very briefly towards the end of my 9 months there because it was just way too much loot. I also remember calling abroad with that cheap phone option...it all adds up. :yikes:

Jeannieco said:
Hey you guys, did any of you that have had bad experiences meet anybody from this website? :ohmy:
Seriously, no names, just yes or no.??

no..but then again i've only met one person and he turned out to be a sweet guy. we had a blast!!!!!!! it was crazy

and in a few months i'll be meeting the one person..who i actully wanna meet...and am dieing to meet.. me and "him"(not saying names) have talked on the phone loads...loads..like where my phone bill is like 130$! but yeah i won't go on....cause some of you know who i'm talking about and he might read this which would like suck...:kiss:

eh!!!

love_u2_adam said:

no..but then again i've only met one person and he turned out to be a sweet guy. we had a blast!!!!!!! it was crazy

and in a few months i'll be meeting the one person..who i actully wanna meet...and am dieing to meet.. me and "him"(not saying names) have talked on the phone loads...loads..like where my phone bill is like 130$! but yeah i won't go on....cause some of you know who i'm talking about and he might read this which would like suck...:kiss:

eh!!!

Man I've only been describing for a little less than 2 months and I even know!:lol:

Back
Top Bottom