Down in the dumps.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FitzChivalry

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
At the bottom of the ocean, in the deepest sea
I guess I just need to vent a little.

I don't want to get into all the details, but I messed up big time at work and it's all come to a head this week. And now I'm in really hot water and I'm scrambling to try to make things right, but I might not be able to.

And I just feel so bad. If I'd only known a few months ago what I know now, I would've done things so much differently.

And my biggest thing is, I don't want to be a disappointment. To my Mom, to my sister, to my best friends. Everyone looks at me a certain way, and I don't want to let them down. I don't want them to see me as the screw-up that I am.

I've barely eaten anything the last 2 days. I've been throwing up in the morning from stress. I try to distract myself when I'm at home, but that only works temporarily.

Ugh! I can't believe I screwed up like this.

I guess I'm just really scared now and . . . . I don't know . . . I guess I just felt like telling someone I'm really scared.

Don't be afraid, things usually work themselves out and bosses can be more forgiving than you realize right now.

Chin up.

:hug:

dbs

Keep your head up, Fitz. Try your best to get through this, fix what can be fixed and acknowledge what can't be fixed.

It might help to find someone to talk to, a professional. Most health insurance (HMO's, if you're in the US) offer at least 6 sessions with a psychologist/therapist for just a basic co-pay fee. Sometimes just to be able to tell a neutral party all the gory details helps. Not to get too metaphysical or whatever on ya', but when the stress is affecting you physically, you need to get that bad stuff out of your body (hence the puking).

martha said:
I'm sorry Fitz.

Learn from your mistakes, admit when you're wrong, and move on. It's all you can do.

:up:

Maybe it's for the best in a way that you can't see right now.

Takes a lot more courage to admit your mistakes. And you learn a lot more from them. :) Lying will dig your deeper and deeper and only earn peoples distrust when you're found out.

good luck.

One of my co-workers just stopped by my desk and cheered me up a lot. He says we've all been in the boat I'm in now (and that he's still paying, literally, for being in the boat I'm in), and that I'm not alone. And he offered to help in whatever way possible.

And he said a lot of it has to do with the way our office is poorly run. And I just found out some information this afternoon that proves I am not completely at fault nor alone in the mistakes that were made in this matter.

I know I'm still at fault and to blame for my share, but knowing I'm not alone in this just made me feel a lot better.

Maybe I'll actually have a decent night tonight and not be a nervous, stress case.

fitz,

your family is going to love you no matter what you have done and are not going to think less of you in any way so get that out of your head...! They will support you 110% in whatever choices, direction your life takes you. We, your blue craic family support you too! :hug:

As already stated.. all you can do is fix what can be fixed and confront the stuff that you can't and just be upfront and honest with your boss who will respect you all the more if you do that.

It's truly hard to face mistakes that you made and admit them to people like family, your boss, co-workers. To hold your head up and face the music takes a lot of courage and energy but you will feel better about it in the end...

Hang in there and vent here whenever you need to! :wink:

I'm glad that you are starting to feel better, Fitz. We're only human, we make mistakes. I hope that you can deal with this as smoothly as possible. :hug:

Glad to hear you are feeling better. I was in a similar situation just a few months ago. You'll get through this. You are an incredible person to be able to recognize your own mistakes. Someone on this board once told me that you should only have to apologize once. You've done that. Now do what you can to manage the situation.

We all fall. Our supervisors, coworkers, and subordinates know this. What is most telling about one's character and skill is how they manage to pick themselves up.

Thanks everyone. For all the wonderful hugs. :wink:

I feel a bit better today. Yesterday my peers found out what is going on and they were so supportive and awesome and just jumped right in and offered to help. So we had a meeting and came up with a game plan and, well, it's all I can do. I just have to try and fix what I can and whatever happens is going to happen and is out of my control at that point.

But from not eating and stressing and throwing up, I made myself sick and caught a fever and sore throat. So now I'm just trying to get over that. :)

Thanks to everyone. Big thanks. :D

Back
Top Bottom