Confusement-any advice?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hay

Refugee
Ok, so here is the run down.
I went to this 'party' tonight and this guy I have liked for a while now came as well, we've become good friends over the last month or two, well anyway tonight at the party we talked a lot and sat on the grass and started having a grass fight. And other people who were near us made some comments about getting a room and such, you know silly teenage comments. But yeah, I do like him and I think maybe he likes me, and I want to tell him and all but I really don't want things to get all weird if he doesn't feel the same way, because I would rather have the friendship than nothing at all.
I'm confused on what I should do, any advice?

My advice would be to tell him if you have romantic feelings for him, a crush, whatever. It will always be awkward for you if you don't, it's dishonest to your heart. Granted it will be awkward if he rejects you/doesn't share the same feelings-but that's always the risk you take.

If he doesn't want to be friends with you after all of that, well perhaps that says something about him and maybe you're better off with nothing.

None of this is ever simple or easy, but for me it helps to know I've been honest and true to my feelings. It hurts and it sucks for lack of a better word, but being true to yourself is always satisfying.

^I agree I would tell him how you feel. Was in that situation before with a really good guy friend. Even though nothing happened romantically I felt better for having told him. Just be honest with your friend and see what happens. Good luck :hug:

if you think he likes you, you should probably say something. I don't know. It'll be weird if he doesn't feel the same, but it will feel good to get it off your chest, otherwise the feelings you have for him will just bottle up...and if you never tell him, you may never have a chance, you know? life is too short to not take risks. even if he doesn't feel the same, he'd probably still stay friends with you. I'm madly in love with one of my best friends, he knows it but is with someone else, and we're still best friends. it happens.

I think usually "saying something" is more effective when you do it through actions. Maybe be more affectionate and stuff. Maybe more touchy feely. People usually react to these things.

Back
Top Bottom