Are you generally happy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I try to stay on a pretty even keel. That way the really bad days aren't so bad and the really really good days aren't out of control happy. It's easier this way.

I'm starting to accept that I merely have a melancholic disposition. I'm a firm believer that people are born with a given temperament and that one's environment has a nominal impact on it, even over time.

I'm hyper-sensitive to the stimuli around me and tend to over-analyze situations to the extent that virtually all joy is lost. I'm a perfectionist--which invariably translates to a great deal of self-disappointment. I've been this way as far back as I can remember.

In stereotypical fashion, my temperament does make for a lot of brooding, contemplative artistic expression.

Would I change, if I could, this fundamental quality about me so as to be a happier individual? I won't lie, there's been plenty of times I've cursed God for this lot in life, but I'm slowly recognizing that there's a validity to resignation and learning to embrace what you've been given.

I can get a bit depressive when the end of a holiday is near, but generally I'm just a chilled, straight talking, happy guy.

People that get sad over the smallest things tend to annoy me, but I've learnt to accept not everyone is as amazing as me. Jokin :p I've learnt that some people are more sensitive, so I just tend to be cool when they get sad and try and cheer em up.

I tend to fall from one emotional extreme into another. I can be very depressed or sad and the next time I can be totally euphoric and feel really joyful and happy. It just goes up and down like a rollercoaster.

I don't consider myself a particularly happy person. I've always had this feeling of unhappiness inside of me. I'm alone a lot, I think a lot, I have a lot of deep emotions. But I also can enjoy things so much, I can be overwhelmed with joy, I consider myself to be very passionate and enthusiastic about certain things and the childlike enthusiasm that I have is something I hold very dear.

I'm never bitchy, bitter, grumpy or cynical, because I hate that. I almost never show it when I'm really down, I write it down most of the times, but I can function in society very well without showing my feelings. In fact, I cannot stand people that are grumpy or bitter and let their feelings out on other people.

I guess my biggest fear is to have no emotions at all, to be totally indifferent. I know some people who are like that because they're scared of emotions.

to update, at present I am still so-so. very often I keep having these moments of crying hard, and this creates a puffy hard look on my face which makes me feel Im aging quicker - then I have moments of happiness and get myself exercising and tryin to do me good.

I must make effort this year to get out there, perhaps this will make me more content and finally accept myself. I want to try some challenging sh*t!

Back
Top Bottom