A Stripper?? ME????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs. Edge

Bono's Belly Dancing Friend
Last night, I was belly dancing with our local tribute band, Elevation. It was crammed, and people were lined up down the street! When it's very crowded and there's very little dancing room, I try to make up for the lack of spins and other dance moves by just slinking around more.

After the dance finished, and I was changing in the bathroom, I overheard a conversation some women were having about MW.

Woman 1: That was exactly like the Mysterious Ways U2 did in concert!

Woman 2: No, she isn't a real belly dancer she-

And because my ears were kind of buzzing still I didn't quite hear what she was saying, so I introduced myself and said that I did a mixutre of actual belly dancing and my own balletic choreography. Woman #1 said she thought I did a great job and made me feel wonderful.

Later, Woman #1 came up to me and said that after I left, Woman #2 apologized to her and said she thought I was a stripper that someone had hired for someone's birthday surprise!!! :ohmy: :eek: :laugh:

Thing is, although theoretically I should be insulted for being mistaken for a stripper, I'm actually very pleased. Men are usually impressed by any woman in a skimpy outfit, but a woman might say, "who was that cow thundering around on stage?" If a woman thinks I have a stripper calibre body...well that's a compliment, isn't it? Maybe not! :lmao: Maybe I should investigate the stag show circuit and make a killing.....

;)

Last edited:
Dance for your own pleasure Mrs Edge. if you go public you have to tolerate the comments, good and bad... just like U2 do.
I think I've told you this before. I belonged to a middle eastern dance group, but I never danced in public. I was more like their road manager. I set up the music system, rolled out the maroon carpet, did quick repairs to the costumes, told the gals they looked divine and YES, they could do it!!( bit like Paul McG?) As a result I stood in the audience as they performed and heard all kinds of things. You know what people are like....they live in glass houses , yet still they throw stones.
If ya want to take your clothes off too...well that's up to you too. My teacher keeps her clothes on and makes money dancing at weddings and birthday parties.She has 6 children and always dances like no one is watching, bless her.
I've seen your red outfit, red is a very lucky colour for weddings.

Shake it shake it shake it...for yourself...feel the power.

PS: keep an eye on your gear too...it's so sad to have a beloved veil stolen.

OK Jess for some reason Im picturing a strange man strolling up to you..wearing nothing but a g-string..and black socks....and dancing a jig in front of you..BAH!!!talk about a blind date :ohmy: :eyebrow:

Back
Top Bottom