X-Mas Lights to Please/Streets from Popmart

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So is this an actual thing? Like some person set up these lights to synch up with the song, and people hear it if they drive by? Or is it some fun internet manipulation?

So is this an actual thing? Like some person set up these lights to synch up with the song, and people hear it if they drive by? Or is it some fun internet manipulation?

It's definitely real, if you watch the whole thing there's far too many details to have been an edit-sync, I went in wondering the same thing.

Spectacular really. Especially when Streets kicks in - in the first video. Real or not, must have alot of patience. :applaud:

that was way more badass than i thought it would be.

there is (used to be?) a guy around here who would sync up his lights to 2 or 3 different instrumental versions of christmas songs on a loop and if you parked outside, synced up your radio to whatever channel it was being transmitted over (there was a big sign in the yard saying "tune to 91.3" or something), you'd get the same effect. i always thought it was pretty lame, they didn't really match up very well, and christmas songs have always made me a little homicidal...

Great stuff...love Fez.
Hope he doesn't have the kind of lights where if one bulb goes out, they all do...would be a bitch to check all those strands a la Clark Griswold.

They did Fez?? Wow, they're even more of a diehard than I thought! That one was especially awesome.

This has gotta be the best thing I saw this Christmas! :up:

On their About page they give U2 first thanks for inspiring them to do the lights "To U2 - for the incredible inspriation their music has provided my life. This display simply would not have happened without them."

:up: :up:

Back
Top Bottom