Who likes ike?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

europop2005

Refugee
Cause i sure as hell dont :angry:

144213W_sm.gif

A cat 4 hitting the Florida Keys is very scary. I hope it weakens a lot.

God knows, me too. The tip of Florida won't stop it. It'll just have a few tequilas and start kicking ass across the Gulf of Mexico.
My sister is general manage for Hampton Inns. She's already got us 2 rooms blocked off for next week if it makes it's way across to the gulf.
This one makes me really, really nervous.
(especially if it goes to cat 4 or 5 like they are projecting)

Speaking of cats, my 4 are going with me and her 2 dogs and the rest of the family. It's going to be interesting if we have to leave. :crazy: but you know, whatever it takes.

Dear Ike:

FUCK OFF.

No love,

me, who remembers the panic and chaos of work as we helped our employees hit by Katrina, and is really, really, really not looking forward to what next week is going to be like.

I'm scrrrrd. My family and I once camped on a beach in Corpus Christi, unaware that there was a tropical storm coming, so that was bad, but I was like 8 so I barely remember it, but this is my first hurricane :yikes: But we're only supposed to get rain and a lot of wind since we're so far inland still though :|

Where are you Earl??
We are getting winds from the outer bands and it's past us (latitude-longitude speaking) and it's way south of Mobile.
If you're anywhere in the strike zone or even slightly east of the projection I suggest you HAUL ASS NORTH, now! If Ike reaches cat 3 there aren't very many older structures that can withstand the wind.
Our Governor ordered a mandatory evacuation of our entire city, when Ivan reached cat 3 & 4 a few years back because there are not enough buildings to evacuate too that can withstand this much wind and storm surge.
We are about 80 miles inland from the coast but Mobile Bay is just 10 miles from where I live in west Mob.
Good luck to all. Be safe. :hug:

Where are you Earl??
We are getting winds from the outer bands and it's past us (latitude-longitude speaking) and it's way south of Mobile.
If you're anywhere in the strike zone or even slightly east of the projection I suggest you HAUL ASS NORTH, now! If Ike reaches cat 3 there aren't very many older structures that can withstand the wind.
Our Governor ordered a mandatory evacuation of our entire city, when Ivan reached cat 3 & 4 a few years back because there are not enough buildings to evacuate too that can withstand this much wind and storm surge.
We are about 80 miles inland from the coast but Mobile Bay is just 10 miles from where I live in west Mob.
Good luck to all. Be safe. :hug:

im in Harris county, TX and it was just big winds of, as the news was sayin of 110 mph and heavy rain, as I was heading back home I saw all the damage which were not big, very minor such as trees down, stores rooftops wide open, fortunatly no big losses...as mid disastrous outside my place was i coudn't be any happier to get back home..just relief

For those that cannot get back home yet or are still stuck in the jar just wait you guys will be allright!!

I wanna thank those who we were in their thoughts and prayers, sweet people!

Back
Top Bottom