The Frightfully Spooktacular Halloween Thread 2012!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Captain America was a success out trick-or treating with my brother (who was a minion from Despicable Me). Kids loved it, some adults gave me some weird looks though. I guess it's not often you see a Cap with tits.

My Flo (from the Progressive Insurance TV ads) was a great hit at Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party at Disney World this past Sunday night. Hope to get some pictures on the computer soon.

DrVenture1.jpg

DrVenture2.jpg

Somehow I managed to screw-up my eyes like Rusty Venture. Happy accident.

Glad the reddish brown beard dye and black eyebrow make-up washed out before my oil change appointment this morning.

I'm definitely saving Dr. Venture for our local comicon next summer.

Great costumes, everyone. :)

It turns out I might get to wear mine again because there's a "Fictional Characters Day" at school next week for Spirit Week.

On the way to Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party at the Magic Kingdom, Disney World: my sister-in-law Annie as a glam vampire (complete with a spider in her hair), my brother Ken and my son Shawn as "Walter" and "The Dude" from the movie "The Big Lebowski", and me as Flo from the Progressive Insurance ads on TV. A good time was had by all!

MNSSHP-AnnieKenShawnJude.jpg

Ok, I know this is a little early and I didn't want to steal your new thread creating thunder, Jive, so if you'd like to make a new thread for 2013, be my guest and I will repost this there.

Two amazing things have come to light in the last 24 hours:

1) Concord Music hall - THE MISFITS AT CONCORD MUSIC HALL at CONCORD MUSIC HALL in Chicago, IL on 10/20/13

"The Misfits" are on tour and they will be in Chicago October 20th. On top of already seeing Danzig in a few weeks, this is awesome music AND Halloween news. I can combine the shows together into one. Just like when I saw The Breeders last month and will be seeing the Pixies next month. I have to piece the classics back together.

2) VIDEO: Frute Brute & Fruity Yummy Mummy! | Dinosaur Dracula!

Frute Brute and Fruity Yummy Mummy are rejoining the Monster cereals this fall, but better than that...Target will be selling these:

56.jpg

Debating picking up two of each, or just getting one set and only keeping the cardboard. We will see!

Oh I am excited for Halloween this year.

I will make a thread in September. But I've already been thinking about a costume. I'm weird like that.
Also, my gf went to Boston last October and ended up in Salem. Said it was pretty cool. Then she brought me back a box of Count Chocula, Boo Berry, and Frankenberry because you can't get them here. Good tasty times.

We have Target now, so I wonder if they'll have them this year

I might still try and pick up the stuff necessary to make a Sam costume, but I am shorter on cash than I had planned to be and I have far less time now. We'll see.

I'm stupidly excited about this cereal, you guys have no idea.

Chocula was still the tastiest. I kept the boxes.

I'm trying to decide on what to be this year. About 8 or so years ago, I was Teen Wolf and that went over quite well. So in keeping with the monster-but-funny theme, I was considering a real life take on Count Chocula. I've also wanted to be a realistic mummy for several years. And then I had the idea of a Baxter Stockman type thing, but that might take a lot of work

I will make a thread in September. But I've already been thinking about a costume. I'm weird like that.
Also, my gf went to Boston last October and ended up in Salem. Said it was pretty cool. Then she brought me back a box of Count Chocula, Boo Berry, and Frankenberry because you can't get them here. Good tasty times.

We have Target now, so I wonder if they'll have them this year
So you're smuggling things out of the United States now?

I saw Halloween candy in the grocery store a few days ago.

JT, I'm still waiting for you to enter the Big Country thread...

I saw halloween decorations in two store already. Too early, even for me.

I added a little something something for you

Wait. Baxter Stockman like the human fly dude from ninja turtles? Or is there another Baxter stockman out there you'd want to dress up as?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom