Question for people from english speaking countries! - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand
Click Here to Login

Old 08-19-2008, 06:12 PM   #16
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:35 PM
Yeah, your English is definitely good and sounds almost on par with native English speakers I would say! Heck, some native English speakers are terrible at grammar. We all heard that Miss America or whoever that was talking about maps.

I'm not a native English speaker myself but have been communicating in English pretty much all my life.

Old 08-19-2008, 10:59 PM   #17
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 08:35 AM
Thank you very much! That's great to hear!

Old 08-19-2008, 11:06 PM   #18
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 05:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBrazilianFly View Post
Thank you for the answers everybody! Those are not verses by the way, they are for an ad I made in college and I have to send them to an American School for admission and I must have it in English. It's an ad I made for Amnesty International about homeless people living in the streets. Now I am in doubt between "don't be an accomplice" and "don't be an accessory"... I understand the first on may be wrong but if people do say it than maybe that makes it ok in this case... I don't think they are going to judge me too much based on the grammar from that line but on the entire ad, still I would like to be sure. Gotta make up my mind now...

Thank you.
Even though the more correct term may be accessory, I like the sound of accomplice better, and I think it gets across very well exactly what you're trying to communicate.

Good luck with the admission!
Old 08-20-2008, 12:39 AM   #19
Jesus Online

Local Time: 09:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBeaver View Post
Why is Living in the streets a crime? Like homeless people? Don't they have enough to worry about without having to be told that their way of lie = their very existence - is a crime?
The very notion that living in or on the streets is criminal to some. "I think it's a crime that so many of our seniors end up on the streets" etc. And I reckon you can suggest that our turning a blind eye can make us an accessory. I'm not sure this is the message originally being conveyed, but it makes sense to me.

And yeah, good luck with your submission, BrazilianFly! The message will get across no matter how you word it.
Old 08-20-2008, 12:41 AM   #20
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:35 AM
Your English is wonderful.

It's my third language, so I definitely appreciate when people become so fluent! It's hard work.
Old 08-21-2008, 10:59 AM   #21
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 08:35 AM
Wow, thanks everybody! Thank you for the support!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela Harlem View Post
The very notion that living in or on the streets is criminal to some. "I think it's a crime that so many of our seniors end up on the streets" etc. And I reckon you can suggest that our turning a blind eye can make us an accessory. I'm not sure this is the message originally being conveyed, but it makes sense to me.

And yeah, good luck with your submission, BrazilianFly! The message will get across no matter how you word it.
You got it right Angela Harlem! That's what I ment! And thank you, I hope you are right! If all goes well I will post my ad here for all to see.