Makeup - Page 52 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand
Click Here to Login

Old 12-07-2009, 11:04 AM   #766
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
Local Time: 04:49 PM
to the Garnier make-up removal wipes.

Old 05-10-2010, 07:13 PM   #767
ONE
love, blood, life

EDUN for Sephora

Being the makeup junkie that I am this!

Sephora: SEPHORA COLLECTION EDUN for Sephora Palette - Harmony: Combination Sets

Old 05-10-2010, 09:58 PM   #768
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 05:49 PM
Oooh. Thanks
Old 05-11-2010, 03:53 AM   #769
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:49 PM
Very cool, gotta check that out.
Old 05-11-2010, 10:50 AM   #770
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 01:49 PM
Thanks for that! I'm so ordering it.
Old 05-11-2010, 06:13 PM   #771
ONE
love, blood, life

^ ditto
Old 05-16-2010, 02:07 PM   #772
Loungeroom Dancing Queen

Local Time: 07:49 AM
that's gorgeous . . . but they don't deliver here . . . *hitszainternetztofindaustralianstockists*
Old 06-10-2010, 09:03 PM   #773
Blue Crack Distributor

This line of makeup is amazing. Aromaleigh Pure Mineral Makeup | Natural Mineral Cosmetics Most of it's mineral makeup, but they do have a small section of non-mineral products.

We've tried a lot of their products and they go on really well, feel great, and stay in place (no smudging or creasing - I even slept in it one night and was amazed at how good it still looked in the morning, lol). My face has become really sensitive the past few years, and even sleeping in it didn't irritate it at all.

One of the coolest things is, you can order samples of just about everything for a dollar each - we've done this and have tried dozens of eyeshadow and foundation colours. Great way to see if a colour actually looks good on you without spending a ton of money. Each sample has enough for several applications.

The prices are excellent, and they have regular sales. My daughter and I went in on an order tonight, and we got 6 makeup brushes (really good quality ones), a full size foundation, and 8 eyeshadow samples for $40. The last time, we got a full sized eye and lip primer, a full sized foundation, and 9 eyeshadow samples for $30.

On their website it says:

Quote:
Aromaleigh is a small, woman-owned, independent online company that specializes in microformulating our unique and proprietary loose mineral powder cosmetics and natural fragrances using the finest cosmetic grade pigments, natural ingredients and botanicals available. Our loose powder mineral makeup is not repackaged or "private label"- we've been formulating our own proprietary blends for over a decade with that special ingredient- TLC...
I've never been this impressed with a cosmetics line before.
Old 06-11-2010, 07:12 PM   #774
Refugee

Local Time: 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by one4u2 View Post
I love love love sephora! This is so cool thanks for sharing! Definitely want it!

I'm not too adventurous when I shop at sephora but I love their store brand matte eyeshadows and liquid eyeliners. Their birthday gifts you get for being a member rock too! That's how I fell in Love with their lipglosses.

Other brands I love from there are Time balm and Makeup Forever
Old 06-15-2010, 03:35 PM   #775
Refugee

Local Time: 10:49 PM
I love Emilie Autumn's make-up. (:
Old 06-27-2010, 10:15 PM   #776
Refugee

Local Time: 09:49 PM
I have very sensitive skin with Roscea. Thanks to all my Irish ancestors.....

I just starting using Pure and Natural a vegetable base soap. And it doesn't irritate my skin at all. Neutrogena oil free moisturizer for sensitive skin. Works well for me, in the colder climate.

Does any have advise as to a good foundation and powder. I don't use blush. One that is gentle, yet would help cover my redness? I also need a product that is friendly to my wallet.

Thanks in advance.
Old 06-27-2010, 10:43 PM   #777
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 01:49 PM
I have redness as well. I use the Bare escentuals powder and a light layer of cream foundation underneath that. It sucks. If I go out without makeup people think I'm sunburned.
Old 06-27-2010, 11:41 PM   #778
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by A stor View Post
I have very sensitive skin with Roscea. Thanks to all my Irish ancestors.....

I just starting using Pure and Natural a vegetable base soap. And it doesn't irritate my skin at all. Neutrogena oil free moisturizer for sensitive skin. Works well for me, in the colder climate.

Does any have advise as to a good foundation and powder. I don't use blush. One that is gentle, yet would help cover my redness? I also need a product that is friendly to my wallet.

Thanks in advance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VintagePunk View Post
This line of makeup is amazing. Aromaleigh Pure Mineral Makeup | Natural Mineral Cosmetics Most of it's mineral makeup, but they do have a small section of non-mineral products.

We've tried a lot of their products and they go on really well, feel great, and stay in place (no smudging or creasing - I even slept in it one night and was amazed at how good it still looked in the morning, lol). My face has become really sensitive the past few years, and even sleeping in it didn't irritate it at all.

One of the coolest things is, you can order samples of just about everything for a dollar each - we've done this and have tried dozens of eyeshadow and foundation colours. Great way to see if a colour actually looks good on you without spending a ton of money. Each sample has enough for several applications.

The prices are excellent, and they have regular sales. My daughter and I went in on an order tonight, and we got 6 makeup brushes (really good quality ones), a full size foundation, and 8 eyeshadow samples for $40. The last time, we got a full sized eye and lip primer, a full sized foundation, and 9 eyeshadow samples for $30.

On their website it says:

I've never been this impressed with a cosmetics line before.

I have redness and irritation too - just started this past winter. I haven't seen a doctor about it, but a woman at a cosmetics counter said it looks like it could be rosacea, and from what I've read about it online, it sounds like it may be. The cosmetic line I posted about above has been excellent for me - great coverage, non-irritating, and cheaper than many drugstore brands. I can't recommend it highly enough.

Since this problem first started for me, I've been cleansing with Aveeno Calming Cleanser with feverfew. For years before that, all I used on my face was Noxema - I really miss using it, but my skin's too sensitive for that now.

While in the worst part of a breakout, I went to a local cosmetics counter looking for something soothing. The lady recommended Avène Rich Cream Skin Recovery Cream Cream for Intolerant Skin�- Av�ne She said it's better than most skincare lines, it's made by a company in France that actually makes a line of pharmaceutical skin care products, and it contains this super special magical healing water from a mineral spring in France. I was skeptical, but I bought it, even though it was way more expensive than I've ever paid for any skincare product, ever - $40-something dollars for a small tube. But wow, it actually worked. Within a few hours, it had calmed things down considerably. Before this cream, the irritation was so bad for a few days that anything I put on my face just made it worse. I don't use it every day, only when I feel irritation coming on, and you only use a small amount, so it lasts a long time.
Old 06-28-2010, 12:04 AM   #779
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicy View Post
I have redness as well. I use the Bare escentuals powder and a light layer of cream foundation underneath that. It sucks. If I go out without makeup people think I'm sunburned.
Same here Sicy......I always have those red rose Irish cheeks. Even in the winter. I am going to buy some Bare Escentuals. I have read very good things about this product and they don't use any suffates.
Old 06-28-2010, 12:07 AM   #780
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintagePunk View Post
I have redness and irritation too - just started this past winter. I haven't seen a doctor about it, but a woman at a cosmetics counter said it looks like it could be rosacea, and from what I've read about it online, it sounds like it may be. The cosmetic line I posted about above has been excellent for me - great coverage, non-irritating, and cheaper than many drugstore brands. I can't recommend it highly enough.

Since this problem first started for me, I've been cleansing with Aveeno Calming Cleanser with feverfew. For years before that, all I used on my face was Noxema - I really miss using it, but my skin's too sensitive for that now.

While in the worst part of a breakout, I went to a local cosmetics counter looking for something soothing. The lady recommended Avène Rich Cream Skin Recovery Cream Cream for Intolerant Skin�- Av�ne She said it's better than most skincare lines, it's made by a company in France that actually makes a line of pharmaceutical skin care products, and it contains this super special magical healing water from a mineral spring in France. I was skeptical, but I bought it, even though it was way more expensive than I've ever paid for any skincare product, ever - $40-something dollars for a small tube. But wow, it actually worked. Within a few hours, it had calmed things down considerably. Before this cream, the irritation was so bad for a few days that anything I put on my face just made it worse. I don't use it every day, only when I feel irritation coming on, and you only use a small amount, so it lasts a long time.
Thank you Vintage Punk. The same has been for me. Trying different products that just irritate my skin even more.

I really appreciate the advise that you and Sicy have given me.

Tags
beauty, cosmetics, makeup