Let's talk about Australia. - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 06:25 AM   #1
45:33

Local Time: 11:18 AM
Let's talk about Australia.

i'm trying something sort of new here, excuse/appreciate my sheer audacity, as this may fail miserably!

basically i have noticed there are a HUGE amount of Australians on this forum, and with a lot happening here over the moment, what with U2 tour rumours and apparently there's an election? i thought it might be an idea to see if a whole bunch of people would like to talk about what's going on in our country! no topic is off-limits and Late Show references are of course welcome! as people would have noticed i love doing it myself, so i figure why not involve the many lovely Australians around here (and anyone from anywhere who wishes to join in).

maybe tomorrow this will be back on page two with zero replies and 11 views, if so then i'll crawl back into my corners in B&C, the sport forum and Zoo Confesh. but maybe not. i've always wanted to have a thread like this, so we'll see how we go?

- the election is coming up very soon, how have you seen the campaign so far? are you annoyed with Julia and Tony?
- do you support our push for the 2022 World Cup?
- which home-grown TV shows are you currently loving?

i don't know. feel free to join me

Old 08-03-2010, 06:37 AM   #2
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 06:18 PM
no.

Old 08-03-2010, 06:40 AM   #3
ONE
love, blood, life

Location: Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LOVE YOU ANGIE! Im a Bono fan!
Local Time: 01:18 AM
Prisoner in Cell Block H was brilliant.

Old 08-03-2010, 06:45 AM   #4

what i saw of it scared me.
Old 08-03-2010, 06:47 AM   #5
ONE
love, blood, life

Location: Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LOVE YOU ANGIE! Im a Bono fan!
Local Time: 01:18 AM
no I loved it man, it takes me back to the early 90s, they used to play in on late, like 1am or whatever shit time...................

just brilliant, esp the young blonde with the big tits.

great dungarees era.

ya know?

Old 08-03-2010, 06:51 AM   #6
Refugee

Location: The city of blinding lights and amazing coffee - Melbourne.
Well I am very much looking forward to coming home. Have been living in London for just over a year and heading home at the end of the month!
Will be voting at the embassy next week when the booths open. I cannot bear to think about living in a society where Tony Abbott is our Prime Minister! However I'm still not impressed at the constant implosions in the Labour party, and feel the whole ousting of Rudd was wrong!

Don't watch home grown TV because frankly we produce a hell of a lot of shit, and the only things they show over here is Neighbours and Home and Away... no thanks!

Heres a question, if someone was coming to Australia for a holiday, what places other than the 'traditional' touristy places would you suggest visiting?

Old 08-03-2010, 06:55 AM   #7
Loungeroom Dancing Queen

Local Time: 10:18 AM
Can I come back and play when the opening show of the next leg is over <obsessed>

nice idea for a thread btw Cobl
Old 08-03-2010, 06:58 AM   #8
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 01:18 PM
come play 2022 ftw
Old 08-03-2010, 07:22 AM   #9

cheers pr and yes you are excused

fingers crossed ian. do you know how the FIFA inspection went? i didn't hear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad1 View Post
no I loved it man, it takes me back to the early 90s, they used to play in on late, like 1am or whatever shit time...................

just brilliant, esp the young blonde with the big tits.

great dungarees era.

ya know?

well i haven't seen too much of it to be honest, just clips of big women with red hair on 20 to 1.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzlingamy View Post
Well I am very much looking forward to coming home. Have been living in London for just over a year and heading home at the end of the month!
Will be voting at the embassy next week when the booths open. I cannot bear to think about living in a society where Tony Abbott is our Prime Minister! However I'm still not impressed at the constant implosions in the Labour party, and feel the whole ousting of Rudd was wrong!

Don't watch home grown TV because frankly we produce a hell of a lot of shit, and the only things they show over here is Neighbours and Home and Away... no thanks!

Heres a question, if someone was coming to Australia for a holiday, what places other than the 'traditional' touristy places would you suggest visiting?
i just turned 20, but never enrolled to vote... so i won't be voting (would have been a Labor vote, Julia is a Werribee girl after all). i hear you though.

well i haven't really seen much of Australia actually, only Melbourne and touristy stuff in QLD (and Bathurst in NSW), and though i am biased i really think just spending a few nights in Melbourne taking all we have to offer in would be great. i forget where you're from.
Old 08-03-2010, 07:25 AM   #10
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:48 AM
Yay lets talk about bogans.
Old 08-03-2010, 07:28 AM   #11
Loungeroom Dancing Queen

Local Time: 10:18 AM

I love google

< 2022 . . . I'll be too frickin' old to ogle the Spanish team by then, well not without a long range telescope of some sort

and I'm with you Danny, Prisoner scared the hell out of me when I was a wee thing
Old 08-03-2010, 08:23 AM   #12
The Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post
- do you support our push for the 2022 World Cup?
Pleasepleasepleaseplease let us get the World Cup in 2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post
- which home-grown TV shows are you currently loving?

The Chaser, Yes we Can-berra...

Old 08-03-2010, 08:27 AM   #13

they're on wednesday night yes? as well as Wil Anderson's show? i'm going to miss it again, i'm going to a concert tomorrow night.
Old 08-03-2010, 08:41 AM   #14
Refugee

Location: The city of blinding lights and amazing coffee - Melbourne.
I live in Central Australia, which is a very beautiful (but boring!) place to live. Tourists seem to like it! hahaha

I lived in Melbs for 5 years and will be going back there to live after 2011, which is going to be great. I believe Victoria has it all, you've got the great cosmopolitan city, beautiful beaches like Torquay, stunning rainforest up near Dandenong, farmlands in Gippsland, awesome bushland and walks in the Grampains, the gorgeous Great Oceans Road, snow in the mountains and the spa/mineral springs country around Daylesford!

Its got everything! hahaha I've visited all those places, and also love its only 8 ours from Adelaide and Sydney and two from Tassie. Best spot ever!!
Old 08-03-2010, 10:48 AM   #15
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:18 PM
Is is true that you were the criminal class of Britain and the Brits, in order to punish you, sent you to your own beautiful Eden-like island continent? Those crafty Brits. They kept all the bad food and the bad weather and sent you to a giant continent where you can surf on 30 foot waves. Awesome.