Let's talk about Australia.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't ge- OH OHHH OH OH SHIT OH MAN OH GOD. Nice!

I did a bit of searching on Adelaidenow's site for that city article, and can you believe it, it had been totally tucked away, while it was easily found on Sydney based news sites. I feel that there may be something very telling about our national psyche here but I'm not sure what it is.

KhanadaRhodes said:
lol, i like how the place got all these fines even though she used a fake id, yet all the "child" (wtf, she's 16 not 4) got a caution.

I hate this with a passion. Yes, the powers that be have to take some sort of responsibility but whenever stuff like this happens if the person involved is under 18 they get a pat on the head and a tap on the wrist as if they're two years old.

I hate this with a passion. Yes, the powers that be have to take some sort of responsibility but whenever stuff like this happens if the person involved is under 18 they get a pat on the head and a tap on the wrist as if they're two years old.
exactly. even if it were america and they had charged her, it would've gone off her record at 18 anyway. not that a charge like that would even matter in ten years' time, but it's the principle of the thing.

airports.jpg

"Observational" "humour".

sydney airport is a fantastic maze where you can see your plane for 45 minutes, which is how long it takes you to actually get to it.

and their security re-screening when you're going from international flight to international flight without ever considering actually staying in australia when you're already coming from a secure area is hilariously strict.

the international terminal at melbourne didn't seem to be too bad. i was there on a four hour connection and the choices seemed to be get pissed on duty free alcohol or enjoy the awesome choice of one restaurant.

we walked laps of the terminal.

I didn't find Sydney too difficult to navigate, seemed like you've just got arrivals/depatures on both ends and a food court and some shitty overpriced stores where you can buy hats shaped like the opera house in the middle. It is a bit of a trek though. I've only dealt with domestics and am surprised at how different the experiences are.

yeah. by maze i really meant house of mirrors, you can always see where you're going but never feel like you're getting anywhere.

brisbane international is lovely, and has the best choices of food too. gutted i only had two hours, i wanted to eat everything.

I haven't spent any time in Brissy airport, only times I've been there have been by car. I need to redeem that, as considering how many times I've been to QLD I haven't spent much time in the capital. Coolangatta airport is pretty lacklustre, though.

wait for brisbane to dry...i guess.

coolangatta seems to get worse each time i go there. last time i was there they had construction going on making the international departure gate particularly tiny. there wasn't even enough space for the ~150 or so people flying to auckland. the mental image of seeing the same area packed with 350 over-gambled, sunburnt japanese tourists still makes me laugh.

Speaking of airports - my fav has to be Hervey Bay. Rock up there 30 mins before a flight to do a pick up. Carpark - empty bar one car (the security guard). 5 mins before the flight arrives, about 5 more cars rock up. Pick up passenger and have to go to pick up puppy from baggage. By the time we have done that the place is completely empty again. :up:

P.S. 12 week old Black labrador pup turned burly, very grumpy security guard into big puddle of mush :D

reading the posts on the last few pages has me thinking I need to travel more :sigh: . . . but I can't . . . I have no cash cuz I live in Sydney :wink:

Sydney: the world's second most unaffordable housing market

bugger! that comparison to the UK will hurt :lol:

(and I will vouch for that . . . due to a few mistimed investments going belly up we missed what feels like our one good chance to jump into the realm of the permanently mortgaged a few years ago and no matter how much we earn and squirrel away it never seems to be quite enough . . . add to that the fact that banks don't seem to want to give kudos to the fact that as a renter I am putting away a mortgage repayment (and then some) every year anyway :rant: . . . and most of the peeps I know with their own places here in Sydders all got help in one form or another from relatives . . . in truth, we should probably move but the lure of being 20 minutes from the beach in one direction, the city in the other, my folks and friends, schools etc :shrug: )

Can I just say that I hated Kenny? I didn't think it was funny at all. Everyone seemed to love "this totally relatable, lovable, Aussie bloke" and the trials and tribulations of being a toilet plumber, but I didn't find him or his inexplicable lisp even remo

No seriously I've alway wanted to do the eight hour road trip to Adelaide.

I'm pretty ambivalent about Australia Day as well to be honest... I don't feel like crying cos I'm so bloody proud, like some people I know.

I'm just gonna listen to the Hottest 100 and maybe clean the bathroom. *L*

I just hope that F*** You song doesn't go top five like I think it will. What is it with people loving songs with swear words in them? I used to like it, but between Triple J playing it to death, and every other radio station playing the censored version to death, I'm over it.

Regarding that song I heard someone at school singing the censored version and I promptly told him that the song was infact called "Fuck You". Too bad he took it as an insult. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom