Let's talk about Australia.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
haha, nice comment on livenation's page ian.

you would think if there was anyone out there who could convince the band to do something from Pop it would be a family member. :lol:

Merry Christmas to everyone in Australia (and New Zealand too) :wave:

2010.. The year the drought broke??

Certainly been a chilly summer so far, but we're due to smash it right up to the high thirties in Vic this weekend.

This cool December in Melbourne has been the best start to summer I can remember since ... well, since I left the more reasonable Wellington climate for Australia!

Somewhat dreading the forecast heat on NYE.

pyramid.jpg

FUCK YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

happy new years yall :rockon:

I'd like to be able to go to the beach sometime soon-ish and not have to worry about a shark or 10 :lol:
ha, i can't even begin to imagine. i have a friend in mandurah who was freaking out about a shark attack a year or so ago.

mind you, given the beaches in east auckland, even at high tide the sharks can't swim at those tiny water depths.

That's an excellent article, Bonnie, it really is, even if it did make me feel a bit ill inside.

Aboriginal issues is something very close to my heart. Growing up in the Northern Territory I have lived with Aboriginals my whole life, went to boarding school with them and now teach them at primary school. MY overall feeling towards the MAJOR issues we have in our town is overwhelming saddness. While I believe we need to not focus on past wrongs but instead guide ourselves towards the future using those past wrongs, we are still doing a disservice to aboriginal people.

This is a touchy subject as many people who talk about aboriginal issues are afraid to be called a racist due to their views. Of course we know there are many people out there who have appalling views on aboriginals and other paths in life etc, but what we need to focus on is that this is not a 'black' issue, but a societal issue. I can talk for hours about this, but i won't put you through that!

I saw one of the saddest things today while shopping and it made me want to cry out and rage against it, but unfortunately it seems that people only see the problems not the main issue it stems from and how can we change that? :(

Love that when the news cut live to the Sydney midnight fireworks - 1pm here - it was the starting gun for drinks in the office today, as it has apparently been the tradition for a decade.

Love that when the news cut live to the Sydney midnight fireworks - 1pm here - it was the starting gun for drinks in the office today, as it has apparently been the tradition for a decade.
Well we lead the way. I was disappointed though, no Richard Wilkins... :(

Heppy noo ear peeple!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom