Let's talk about Australia.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn, forgot to watch the Ben Elton show. Was it any good?

(I'm inherently dubious of any comedy that isn't on the ABC/SBS these days.)

I've heard a lot of good things about Waleed Aly. The Ben Elton show was pretty ordinary, what I saw of it. But look I've gotta give props to Shaun Micallef, who turns a simple game show into a work of art every Tuesday night, he's brilliant.

Man, the Ben Elton show's getting savaged on The Age ... their critic liked it, but the reader comments are just a wave of negativity (i.e. moreso than normal).

Saw the tattoo "Everyday's Australia Day" in Zoo Weekly.

Amazing.

Then there's that rugby player who got an essay tattooed on his back with "to" instead of "too".

There must be a lot of illiterate tattooists in Australia. We already know there's a lot of bogans and idiots.

We've discussed this a million times. :lol:

Honestly "ur" bothers me less than "your" when people mean "you're".

The one that riles my blood is "his" instead of "he's". I mean it's the same amount of letters for fuck's sake!! And they aren't even homophones!

We've discussed this a million times. :lol:

Honestly "ur" bothers me less than "your" when people mean "you're".

The one that riles my blood is "his" instead of "he's". I mean it's the same amount of letters for fuck's sake!! And they aren't even homophones!

This so much. I see an unusual amount of these mistakes on BigFooty. Ugh.

And I also see the "your" mistake incredibly often on Facebook.

^ That's my least favourite.

Also inappropriate apostrophes, i.e. The Stag advertising "steak's" and what not. Just another reason to hate The Stag (and I used to love it)...

I really do not understand the interest in Wurley. Just let them live their lives.

I think "Hurley" is a fitting last name, given what the sensationalist coverage of this shit makes me want to do.

As for the spelling and grammar fails, apostrophe abuse is probably what drives me made the most. One day I'll start carrying a red pen around with me.

Though speaking of apostrophes, it's fascinating to me to notice that in the 19th century, they were little used in place names in Australia and New Zealand. See, for instance, "Hawkes Bay" and "Donnellys Crossing" in New Zealand, or closer to home, the Mornington Peninsula has "Anthonys Nose" and "Arthurs Seat". Look up the official placename for somewhere you think should have an apostrophe, and more often than not, it officially won't have one.

it makes me giggle that there is a boo boo in your gripe :wink:

< is often guilty of placing apostrophes in the wrong spot . . . I should know better and I should try harder but :shrug: :reject: . . . that "I would of" thing drives me batty as does the your / you're, their / they're / there thing and a multitude of other crimes against the english language :gah: . . . but the adding of letters to words, e.g: 'volumptuous' instead of 'voluptuous', is the one that is guaranteed to shrivel my insides every single time :scream:

I remember when I used to piss you off Ax by writing definitely wrong. Truth be told the actual spelling of the word is done by firefox spell check :wink:

d6381b53.jpg

Gooooood America

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom