Let's talk about Australia. - Page 16 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 05:41 AM   #226
45:33

Local Time: 07:05 PM
if there's stability in the Libs camp i daresay he'll be running the country if there's another election before the 3 yrs is up.

this result doesn't really please me at all... it means that we're going to be hearing a HELLUVA lot more politics in the next 3 yrs and very little actual doing.

Old 09-08-2010, 06:20 AM   #227
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 06:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sad Punk View Post
WAIT TIL YA SEE ADEL- ah fuhgeddabou it.
WHAT ARE YOU SAYI - uh yeah.....

Old 09-08-2010, 09:44 AM   #228
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 02:05 AM
Quote:
WAIT TIL YA SEE ADEL- ah fuhgeddabou it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueeyedgirl View Post
WHAT ARE YOU SAYI - uh yeah.....
Old 09-08-2010, 09:54 PM   #229
Jesus Online

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post
if there's stability in the Libs camp i daresay he'll be running the country if there's another election before the 3 yrs is up.

this result doesn't really please me at all... it means that we're going to be hearing a HELLUVA lot more politics in the next 3 yrs and very little actual doing.
Hearing a lot more politics in the next 3 years is exactly what we need. That aside, I doubt Gillard will last that long and we'll be at the polls once more when the disorganisation again takes over.

What really pisses me off most about Abbott, despite his vile attitudes, is a total lack of clear and well formed goals, his constant "stable government" rhetoric in the face of his own party's inability to even present a workable budget and then further saying that an 11 billion dollar hole is "a matter of opinion" as though we, Treasury, and the ALP all idiots and a detailed explanation is not really needed because, hell, they're stable, and then the spin doctors. Or is that a lack of spin? I'm still not entirely sure. I'd like to see him speak at length on asylum seekers. Fuck, I'm able to. Why can't he? And why exactly are they an issue? The numbers of illegals through traffickers is actually very small. Really small. Our offshore processing is a fucking stupid idea, as it's only around 5% of those who aren't eventually given a visa, but while they're processed, it costs shitloads of money and really pisses off the neighbours. It's such a non issue. I'd love to know how it became a bullet-point in the Libs campaign. Did a group of rednecks in a rural seat answer a call for voicing their concerns with it, thus leading Abbott to not risk letting this potentially vote winning issue pass? Or have our well publicised outbursts of racial intolerance fed this in a safer way? Hell, he can't do much about the immigrant groups already here that may cause trouble, so he'd better be looking to stopping yet more of these people from overseas. Cause, you know, "fuck off we're full" and all that. Yes, let's control numbers. It's our right. It's our country and we will carefully protect it from um... boat people. Or should that be "boat people"? That covers all of them, rather than specifying which handful are actually wrong doers.
Old 09-09-2010, 10:24 AM   #230
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:35 PM
Quote:
Torontonian (?) at heart now?
Oh, you know I have a love/hate relationship with this city... I'd like it more if I were governing it, let's just say that. Everyone in charge here are fucking dinosaurs and are keeping the place far behind in way too many ways. Vote for me.

(I don't mean actual dinosaurs, but that would be heaps cool.)
Old 09-09-2010, 10:34 AM   #231
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 09:05 PM
by the same token that melbourne can't be as good as the victorians sell it to be, adelaide can't be as shit as it's made out to be.
Old 09-09-2010, 10:45 AM   #232
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:35 PM
That's true. I'd say all the general dodginess goes out of the window when you're sitting outside the Exeter in the middle of the Fringe with a cold Coopers. Still, I'd rather it were a touch more cosmopolitan.
Old 09-10-2010, 12:15 AM   #233
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 06:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela Harlem View Post

What really pisses me off most about Abbott, despite his vile attitudes, is a total lack of clear and well formed goals, his constant "stable government" rhetoric in the face of his own party's inability to even present a workable budget and then further saying that an 11 billion dollar hole is "a matter of opinion" as though we, Treasury, and the ALP all idiots and a detailed explanation is not really needed because, hell, they're stable, and then the spin doctors. Or is that a lack of spin? I'm still not entirely sure. I'd like to see him speak at length on asylum seekers. Fuck, I'm able to. Why can't he? And why exactly are they an issue? The numbers of illegals through traffickers is actually very small. Really small. Our offshore processing is a fucking stupid idea, as it's only around 5% of those who aren't eventually given a visa, but while they're processed, it costs shitloads of money and really pisses off the neighbours. It's such a non issue. I'd love to know how it became a bullet-point in the Libs campaign. Did a group of rednecks in a rural seat answer a call for voicing their concerns with it, thus leading Abbott to not risk letting this potentially vote winning issue pass? Or have our well publicised outbursts of racial intolerance fed this in a safer way? Hell, he can't do much about the immigrant groups already here that may cause trouble, so he'd better be looking to stopping yet more of these people from overseas. Cause, you know, "fuck off we're full" and all that. Yes, let's control numbers. It's our right. It's our country and we will carefully protect it from um... boat people. Or should that be "boat people"? That covers all of them, rather than specifying which handful are actually wrong doers.

Old 09-10-2010, 05:25 AM   #234
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 09:05 AM
Adelaide is a great place. Unfair reputation. It's just a seriously small place. Visitors need to expect that, and locals need to accept that. It's a country town that has happened to grow to the size of a small city. Experience it that way, and it's fantastic.

Really, the only major Australian city I'd say you can safely skip is Brisbane.
Old 09-10-2010, 05:28 AM   #235
Acrobat

Adelaide blows Earnie
Old 09-10-2010, 05:36 AM   #236
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earnie Shavers View Post
Adelaide is a great place. Unfair reputation. It's just a seriously small place. Visitors need to expect that, and locals need to accept that. It's a country town that has happened to grow to the size of a small city. Experience it that way, and it's fantastic.

Very true, easy to get around the place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leebonoman96 View Post
Adelaide blows Earnie
You've been, eh?
Old 09-10-2010, 01:58 PM   #237
Loungeroom Dancing Queen

Local Time: 06:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela Harlem View Post
Hearing a lot more politics in the next 3 years is exactly what we need. That aside, I doubt Gillard will last that long and we'll be at the polls once more when the disorganisation again takes over.

. . . damn shame you are so busy bringing up that fine family of yours; I'd vote for you in a heartbeat

Quote:
That's true. I'd say all the general dodginess goes out of the window when you're sitting outside the Exeter in the middle of the Fringe with a cold Coopers. Still, I'd rather it were a touch more cosmopolitan.
A cold Coopers on a hot any given day will cure just about all ills . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earnie Shavers View Post

ah true . . . although I love going home to visit, I just couldn't imagine myself living there again . . . it has been a long while, granted; but after a week I'm like okay, seen it . . . next

and Brissy? . . . Brissy is not so shabby . . . much much much nicer than the catastrophe that is the Gold Coast . . . that place just makes me shuddah . . . Vegas without the class . . . yes you heard me right, I said without the class . . .

Having said that, I adore that Brisbane, for a while at least, was the centre of a major shift in the musical landscape . . .and produced one of the finest Australian bands ever . . .

YouTube - Powderfinger - On My Mind (live)

Old 09-10-2010, 07:59 PM   #238
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 02:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leebonoman96 View Post
Adelaide blows Earnie
i think i saw a movie with this title

i quite liked the gold coast. it's very touristy, but i like that. it reminded me of orlando when i visited.
Old 09-10-2010, 08:40 PM   #239
45:33

The Metre is my favourite Powderfinger song.

Quote:
i thought it might be an idea to see if a whole bunch of people would like to talk about what's going on in our country!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanadaRhodes View Post
no.
Total Posts: 238
User Name Posts
cobl04 46
Vlad n U 2 29
Purplereign 28
coolian2 17
The Sad Punk 17
KhanadaRhodes 15
intedomine 12