How to deal with a mouse problem?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MooMoo!

New Yorker
Been suffering from mice lately, first it was in the kitchen, but I've discovered they are in fact in my bedroom also. There are traps throughout the house, and 2 in my room baited with peanut butter. I know the mice are still in my room but nothing has been in the traps since I set them (about 2 weeks now).

What do I do? This is making me lose sleep, which I really cant afford to do since I start an early morning job next week. Please, any advice would be appreciated.

Got a bunny and a guinea pig, otherwise I would. ._. Living in a house between cat owners probably means that they're getting funneled into our house.

Im actually pretty worried about this problem at this point. :( They obviously arnt playing ball with the traps, and I cant sleep knowing they might be on my bed. I was up till 7am a few nights ago when I first saw one, and I just saw another for the second time. :sigh:

Give the mouse a cookie. But then he's gonna want a glass of milk or something like that.

I don't know. Call an exterminator? Like John Goodman in Arachnophobia.

I've got an ultrasonic plug-in thing in my basement. I never saw a mouse, but I did see what might have been mouse poop. I haven't seen anything suspicious since I plugged it in. :shrug:

Mark

Make sure that the USB cable is all the way in.

That joke is invalid, for I use the mighty Macbook trackpad. :wink:

I made my own little potion, based around the theory that they dont like peppermint.

It comprises of hot water, 2 different types of breath freshener, a few drops of concentrated breath freshener, vapour rub type oil and listerine. :shifty:

If nothing else, my room smells nice. :lol:

I bought a couple of plug-in electronic rodent repeller devices 3 years ago when I had a problem in my house. It emits a sound that doesn't bother household pets, but drives rodents crazy. Since I did that, have not seen one mouse or a sign of them. :love:

My parents found out where the mice seemed to be coming from (through the cupboard under the sink) in their house so they emptied the cupboard and filled it with traps. So many traps. No mouse managed to get out of that cupboard. Their mice seem to prefer mars bars over peanut butter, by the way.

I had mice in the last place I was living in. I finally figured out they were probably coming in through a teeny, tiny gap between the floor and the wall. The landlord patched it up, and presto - no more mice!

Back
Top Bottom