6 - # of Straya threads or # of times we've changed Prime Minister in a decade? - Page 33 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand

Old 08-05-2016, 01:02 AM   #481
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 05:46 AM
In a sense, we're all victims. Victims in a world sized prison.

Old 08-05-2016, 01:32 AM   #482
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 06:46 AM
Well Hinchy is already proving to be a dickwad and showing where much of the crossbench can unite: Abbott-era Racial Discrimination Act changes 'back on the table' in new Senate

But without Xenophon it won't happen.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 01:55 AM   #483
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

I had to chuckle at that One Nation knob talking about how stifling free speech stops us talking about the real issues... which are Islam, terrorism, well the economy too, but some ways down the list.

It would be almost worth it to have a CEC senator, so they could do a press conference about getting back to the real issues, such as the British Royal Family global drug cartel.
Old 08-05-2016, 03:01 AM   #484
Vocal parasite

SECTION 18C HAS STOPPED US FROM TALKlNG ABOUT EVERYTHING THAT WE TALKED ABOUT INCESSANTLY THROUGHOUT THE LAST THREE YEARS!!!!!!

Frankly, this guy is alarmingly close to having a CEC senator. I cannot wait for his input on Senate committees.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 08-05-2016, 03:45 AM   #485
45:33

The more you read, the better it gets. The bloke is fucking insane One Nation senator-elect Malcolm Roberts wrote bizarre 'sovereign citizen' letter to Julia Gillard

Quote:
Anti-government, self-identified "sovereign citizens" claim to exist outside the country's legal and taxation systems and frequently believe the government uses grammar to enslave its citizens.

NSW Police say such people "should be considered a potential terrorist threat".

In an affidavit he sent to Ms Gillard in 2011, Mr Roberts identified himself as "Malcolm-Ieuan: Roberts., the living soul", representing a corporate entity he termed MALCOLM IEUAN ROBERTS.

In the document, Mr Roberts demanded to be exempted from the carbon tax and compensated to the tune of $280,000 if Ms Gillard did not provide "full and accurate disclosure" in relation to 28 points explaining why he should not be liable for the tax.

The climate denier organisation he's part of https://twitter.com/GalileoMovement

Andrew Bolt Cuts Ties With Climate Science Denying Galileo Movement Over Alleged Anti-Jewish Conspiracy Theory | DeSmogBlog

It would be funny if he wasn't get constant, unchallenged publicity for his verbal diarrhoea bullshit.
Old 08-05-2016, 04:13 AM   #486
Vocal parasite

But he's a FREE MAN!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 08-05-2016, 04:23 AM   #487
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Ah yes, the sovereign citizens movement, the folks who think you can live free or die using the right form of words.
Old 08-05-2016, 04:28 AM   #488
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

I, Kieran-Sulieman: McConville, the Living Soul, has not been presented with any evidence that Interference exists or that I owe the non-existent premium membership fee I have never been invoiced for by Elvis, hereafter referred to as SATAN The Vendor.
Old 08-05-2016, 07:44 AM   #489
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

The reemergence of One Nation seems as good a time as any to unearth my little lyric for an abortive song, 'Flat Tax Rant', from some years ago.

As I tuck my shirt back in
What happened
for a minute there I was
in the zone
my masters must be
pleased with me
and the flat tax rant
delivered to an institute
of admiring colleagues
salad bowls, necklaces, fine china
flat tax rant on the back of a
semen stained napkin
flat tax rant
dead dog rebound
acidic spew in your mouth

can't taste a thing
flat tax rant!!!

grossly enlarged prostate
admiring colleagues
piss in my jocks
can't taste a thing
and the sky is bluer than toilet cakes
yeah the convention
really dug the flat tax rant
it was quite a major event
Old 08-05-2016, 09:47 AM   #490
Vocal parasite

The latest hit from Kieran-Sulieman: McConville.! What a flesh and blood man, a living soul, indeed! It shall be a hit among the FREE MEN!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 08-05-2016, 09:10 PM   #491
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Living Soul was going to be the name of the album, kind of a play on 'Living Doll'.
Old 08-07-2016, 09:19 PM   #492
Vocal parasite

This is a relief: Nick Xenophon kills off push for changes to 18c Racial Discrimination laws

As long as Nick can keep his two little Xenophones in line, any attempt to change 18C is doomed.

Also, ol' mate Hinchy needs to try harder to make sense:

Quote:
Brandis – I know he said it clumsily and he probably said it wrongly – but he was right when he said bigots are entitled to an opinion.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 08-07-2016, 09:41 PM   #493
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

I find it interesting that this was the first thing a bunch of senators chose to reach for as an issue. Really says a lot about our contemporary scene.

In any case, as others have pointed out ad nauseum, it's been a long five or ten years of outright demagogues like Bolt and Jones complaining about how they're silenced. They're not silenced. In fact it's astonishing to me that Bolt isn't in jail at this point.
Old 08-07-2016, 09:49 PM   #494
Vocal parasite

Yep. They could have gone after taxation or climate change, things that would affect our standard of living for decades to come, or after big moral issues like marriage equality or treating refugees better than Stalin-era political prisoners, and instead they arc up about how oppressive it is to have modest checks on their ability to say repulsive things publicly. I can't say it shocked me from One Nation but I thought Hinch would have at least used his first few moments in the spotlight to bang on about his actual core issue of "JUSTICE!"

I can't wait for Malcolm Roberts' first Senate sitting. Ricky Muir may have been the butt of jokes before he took his seat but at least it was obvious he was just some ordinary bloke out of his depth. The absolute crazy of the Free Man, Malcolm-Ieuan: Roberts., the living soul, ought to leave us caught between hilarity and despair.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 08-07-2016, 10:20 PM   #495
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Yep. They could have gone after taxation or climate change, things that would affect our standard of living for decades to come, or after big moral issues like marriage equality or treating refugees better than Stalin-era political prisoners, and instead they arc up about how oppressive it is to have modest checks on their ability to say repulsive things publicly. I can't say it shocked me from One Nation but I thought Hinch would have at least used his first few moments in the spotlight to bang on about his actual core issue of "JUSTICE!"

I can't wait for Malcolm Roberts' first Senate sitting. Ricky Muir may have been the butt of jokes before he took his seat but at least it was obvious he was just some ordinary bloke out of his depth. The absolute crazy of the Free Man, Malcolm-Ieuan: Roberts., the living soul, ought to leave us caught between hilarity and despair.
It's all about Teh Islam, you see. It used to be all about Teh Jews, but then they had a holocaust so even the far right usually steers clear nowadays (well, sort of). I can't tell if Hinch has strong views on this stuff or if (more likely) he just gets carried along on the tide. Probably Bernadi or the Liberal Democrat guy had him sit down over a cup of coffee and the way they put it fit in with Common Sense As Hinch Understands It.

The only Frea-mon I'm interesting in hearing from is natural po-lice.