US Politics II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone seen the new NRA ad? It comes dangerously close to advocating civil war

The new US ambassador to NZ reckons us Kiwis should give Trump a chance.
A chance.
So that was yesterday.
Today i read his tirade at the female news host. Which is horrid.
So I've used up my chance.
Now what?

The new US ambassador to NZ reckons us Kiwis should give Trump a chance.
A chance.
So that was yesterday.
Today i read his tirade at the female news host. Which is horrid.
So I've used up my chance.
Now what?

I love it when people keep insisting we need to give Trump a chance. He had a chance way back when the campaign very first started. He blew it then.

Hell, he never had a chance with me even before he ran, 'cause I've always thought he was an obnoxious asshole. My anger at his latest round of Twitter dickery isn't so much towards him, 'cause wow, Trump's being a tool on Twitter again, must be a day ending in "y".

No, my anger's towards the people who still try and defend or support him no matter what shitty things he says and does. Even then, though, sadly, angry as I am, I'm also not surprised.

The White House did not respond to a request for a comment. Although Trump did not recognize LGBT Pride Month,he proclaimedJune as Great Outdoors Month, National Caribbean-American Heritage Month, African-American Music Appreciation Month, National Ocean Month and National Homeownership Month

I love it when people keep insisting we need to give Trump a chance. He had a chance way back when the campaign very first started. He blew it then.

Hell, he never had a chance with me even before he ran, 'cause I've always thought he was an obnoxious asshole. My anger at his latest round of Twitter dickery isn't so much towards him, 'cause wow, Trump's being a tool on Twitter again, must be a day ending in "y".

No, my anger's towards the people who still try and defend or support him no matter what shitty things he says and does. Even then, though, sadly, angry as I am, I'm also not surprised.

Yeah I remember that. Give him a chance...for what ? Doing more crazy stuff ?

I'm still baffled *this* is considered to be better than H. Clinton.

The damage has been done. He has given a voice to the fucking nutters

The voter fraud commission. It's amazing how GOP is so against a gun registry with the argument from the other side being "what have you got to hide?"

To totally being up for this voter roll request using the same fucking bullshit.

I am so glad I do not have a family that will have to deal with this mess decades after I'm gone.

It's a shame that the "forgotten folks" will most likely keep him in office until 2024. He's been able to brainwash a good chunk of the country. Very unfortunate.

Remember these tweets are official statements of the Presidency

25th amendment. Mental instability. Do you want him leading a war against North Korea or Syria?! Can't see how it wouldnt lead to a WW.

The constitution doesn't allow him to what ever he wants to do.So,no,there won't be WW3.

And what's worse than this is seeing all the tweets in this latest tweet defending this maniac. I am more angry at those people than trump himself. Trump is a product of the stupidity of the people that voted for him and continue to defend him at all costs!

The constitution doesn't allow him to what ever he wants to do.So,no,there won't be WW3.
What about the ramping up of action in Syria? Shooting down Syrian fighter jets and various bombings. That could escalate incredibly quickly? I also have zero faith that Trump would follow any constitution.

It's not what the constitution does or does not allow him, it's what the Republican party is OK with. Up to now Trump has violated several (constitutional) rules and regulations, but the Republicans have shrugged them away. Will involving the US in a global war be the limit? Who knows, but based on past behaviour I don't think the Republicans will halt him any time soon.

It's not what the constitution does or does not allow him, it's what the Republican party is OK with. Up to now Trump has violated several (constitutional) rules and regulations, but the Republicans have shrugged them away. Will involving the US in a global war be the limit? Who knows, but based on past behaviour I don't think the Republicans will halt him any time soon.

I'm pretty sure Paul Ryan would let Trump nuke Toronto at this point in exchange for a tax cut.

It is also a bullshit sentiment because we are a captured audience. He is president. We are forced to watch. So if he started to do things I wanted him to do, I would not refuse to be happy because of his party. I'd be shocked. I'd be knocked right over. But I'd be happy. There it is...his chance. He isn't going to take it.

The idea that the problem is you haven't given him "a chance" like he is someone you haven't agreed to go on a date with to get to see the "real" him, is childish and nonsensical. We are all here, so we have to give him a chance. And if he starts doing things we like, we will still be giving him a chance, but we will be happy, too. This has everything to do with not being happy with what he is doing, not some pre-determined mindset.

Well there you go, NK have now got a missile that can hit Alaska. This is going to kick off big style. What a nightmare, not only that but you have Trump as Commander and Chief.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom