The legacy of President George W. Bush - Page 32 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-04-2010, 12:16 PM   #466
Refugee
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,943
Local Time: 07:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Nice spin...

Who killed and captured the most Nazis?
The Soviets.
__________________

__________________
Strongbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 12:19 PM   #467
Refugee
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,943
Local Time: 07:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Vega View Post
Who recruited the most terrorists?
Well, that would be a contest between the Taliban, Al Quada, Humas and Hezbollah. We might want to consider Iran to since they are the biggest state sponser of terrorism in the world do to their support of Humas and Hezbollah.
__________________

__________________
Strongbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 12:36 PM   #468
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
YBORCITY's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: FLA
Posts: 5,139
Local Time: 02:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongbow View Post
No and I never said that either. The fact remains that Al Quada is not a one man organization and the Bush administration has done more than any other administration in history in rolling back Al Quada.

Lets not forget that Bin Ladin was a threat well before 9/11 and that the Clinton administration failed to capture or kill Bin Ladin either. The Bush administration did multiple things such as destroying Al Quada's bases in Afghannistan and removing the Taliban from power that the Clinton administration did not do.

You bring up a great point that Bin Laden was a threat before 9/11, in fact so much of a threat that a couple of weeks before 9/11 W was breifed that there was actionable evidence that OBL would attack using planes as weapons but this was discounted and wasn't taken seriously.

I'm not sure of your age but the last best president that we had not named Bush or Clinton would probably levelled the mountains of Tora Bora so please don't bring up Clinton and his "shot" at Bin Laden, this happened on the country's worst most inept Administration's watch.

EPIC FAILURE
__________________
YBORCITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 01:19 PM   #469
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,641
Local Time: 01:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongbow View Post
Lets not forget that Bin Ladin was a threat well before 9/11 and that the Clinton administration failed to capture or kill Bin Ladin either. The Bush administration did multiple things such as destroying Al Quada's bases in Afghannistan and removing the Taliban from power that the Clinton administration did not do.
AND who helped him get into power?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongbow View Post
The Soviets.
FAIL

We were talking about US presidents and how ridiculous your statement was...
__________________
BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 01:58 PM   #470
Refugee
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,943
Local Time: 07:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by YBORCITYOBL View Post
You bring up a great point that Bin Laden was a threat before 9/11, in fact so much of a threat that a couple of weeks before 9/11 W was breifed that there was actionable evidence that OBL would attack using planes as weapons but this was discounted and wasn't taken seriously.

I'm not sure of your age but the last best president that we had not named Bush or Clinton would probably levelled the mountains of Tora Bora so please don't bring up Clinton and his "shot" at Bin Laden, this happened on the country's worst most inept Administration's watch.

EPIC FAILURE
Clinton had 8 years to deal with Al Quada and Bin Ladin. Two US Embassies in Kenya and Tanzania were blown up by Bin Ladin in August 1998 killing hundreds of people. Al Quada attacked the USS Cohl in October 2000 killing dozens of sailors. That Bin Ladin and Al Quada were determined to attack US citizens and interest worldwide including in the United States was NOTHING new! The hijacking and use of a large jet airliner was also not new as it was attempted by terrorist in France in 1994.
__________________
Strongbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 02:06 PM   #471
Blue Crack Addict
 
Moonlit_Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Posts: 19,255
Local Time: 01:57 AM
So why didn't Bush, when he came into power, heed the warning and catch Bin Laden and his crew ahead of time? Think about it. He could've stopped 9/11 from happening! He could've been the hero he wanted to be-he was able to do what Clinton never was able to do! And if he wasn't able to stop the tragic event, why didn't he get him right afterward? Catch the guy right away, get him his trial and punishment, he nabbed the head evil guy of 9/11, again, still a hero to the nation. He'd at least have that shining moment people could point to: "Well, I'm no fan of the Bush administration, but at least he did catch Bin Laden".

Angela
__________________
Moonlit_Angel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 02:09 PM   #472
Refugee
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,943
Local Time: 07:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
AND who helped him get into power?
He used Daddy's money to help in his attempts to be apart of the Afghan resistence in the 1980s. When that war was over he went back to Saudi Arabia but then had a falling out with the Saudi government over the basing of US troops in Saudi Arabia in late 1990 to respond to Saddam's invasion of Kuwait. He then went to Sudan, but was kicked out of there by 1996 and went to Afghanistan where the Taliban gave him what he wanted in furthering the development of his organization Al Quada. So the Taliban who were formed on the Afghan/Pak border in 1993-1994 and came to power in Afghanistan in 1996, played the most important role in helping Al Quada with Bin Ladin as its leader develop.


Quote:
FAIL

We were talking about US presidents and how ridiculous your statement was..
FAIL

We were indeed not talking about Nazi's in this thread. Still, you suddenly asked this question and I answered it correctly.
__________________
Strongbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 02:18 PM   #473
Refugee
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,943
Local Time: 07:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit_Angel View Post
So why didn't Bush, when he came into power, heed the warning and catch Bin Laden and his crew ahead of time? Think about it. He could've stopped 9/11 from happening! He could've been the hero he wanted to be-he was able to do what Clinton never was able to do! And if he wasn't able to stop the tragic event, why didn't he get him right afterward? Catch the guy right away, get him his trial and punishment, he nabbed the head evil guy of 9/11, again, still a hero to the nation. He'd at least have that shining moment people could point to: "Well, I'm no fan of the Bush administration, but at least he did catch Bin Laden".

Angela
The US was actively trying to catch Bin Ladin the day Bush came into office. Yes, Bush and US security at the time failed to stop 9/11 from happening, but Bill Clinton had far more opportunities during his time in office to prevent 9/11 than Bush did.

But Bush did invade Afghanistan and remove the Taliban from power as well as killing and capturing more Al Quada terrorist than any other President in history. Bush also removed Saddam from power ending the serious threat he posed to the Persian Gulf. So in respect to national and international security, Bush has been far more active and successful in securing and protecting the USA and USA interest worldwide than the previous administration.

Any informed and objective person, should recognize the multiple accomplishments of the Bush administration on US and international security.

Unfortunately, especially in FYM, ideology prevents that.
__________________
Strongbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 02:18 PM   #474
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
YBORCITY's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: FLA
Posts: 5,139
Local Time: 02:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongbow View Post
Clinton had 8 years to deal with Al Quada and Bin Ladin. Two US Embassies in Kenya and Tanzania were blown up by Bin Ladin in August 1998 killing hundreds of people. Al Quada attacked the USS Cohl in October 2000 killing dozens of sailors. That Bin Ladin and Al Quada were determined to attack US citizens and interest worldwide including in the United States was NOTHING new! The hijacking and use of a large jet airliner was also not new as it was attempted by terrorist in France in 1994.
But admittedly this attack did happen with Bush in office, right?
__________________
YBORCITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 02:19 PM   #475
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,641
Local Time: 01:57 AM
I almost forgot how a Sting debate works...

goodbye
__________________
BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 02:21 PM   #476
Refugee
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,943
Local Time: 07:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by YBORCITYOBL View Post
But admittedly this attack did happen with Bush in office, right?
Indeed, the 9/11 attack did. But the planning preperation for it preceeded the Bush administration. Al Quada was active before Bush even considered running for President. The lion's share of the time since Al Quada's formation up to the 9/11 attacks belongs to the Clinton administration.
__________________
Strongbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 02:23 PM   #477
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
YBORCITY's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: FLA
Posts: 5,139
Local Time: 02:57 AM
[QUOTE=Strongbow;6790657]

Any informed and objective person, should recognize the multiple accomplishments of the Bush administration on US and international security.



Stronbow, I would be seen as objective as anyone especially before the 8 year abortion that was Bush's administration I would be more inclined to be right of center but there are so many failures from this Administration that even the staunchest of Republicans have to admit that this was absolutely the worst Administration ever in fact this country will be hard pressed to get back on it's feet from this for decades to come
__________________
YBORCITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 02:28 PM   #478
Blue Crack Addict
 
Moonlit_Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Posts: 19,255
Local Time: 01:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongbow View Post
The US was actively trying to catch Bin Ladin the day Bush came into office. Yes, Bush and US security at the time failed to stop 9/11 from happening, but Bill Clinton had far more opportunities during his time in office to prevent 9/11 than Bush did.
So...logic would dictate then that Bush, if he wants to try and prove that the Republicans are the ones to trust on national security instead of the Democrats, would not have disregarded that warning that came two months before 9/11, right?

That doesn't make sense. If the U.S. was actively trying to get Bin Laden from day one of Bush's presidency, then how did they fail so quickly? Bush came into power officially in January 2001. The attack was 9 months later. What happened during those 9 months to make them drop the ball?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongbow View Post
But Bush did invade Afghanistan and remove the Taliban from power as well as killing and capturing more Al Quada terrorist than any other President in history. Bush also removed Saddam from power ending the serious threat he posed to the Persian Gulf.
Aren't the Taliban having something of a resurgence? And we're still not sure exactly how much of a threat Saddam really was (remember, never found any WMDs...). Not to mention, didn't we befriend him at first, too? He only became a "threat" and an enemy when Bush Sr. was in office, if I understand it rightly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongbow View Post
So in respect to national and international security, Bush has been far more active and successful in securing and protecting the USA and USA interest worldwide than the previous administration.
Which still doesn't explain the attempted recent terror attacks, not to mention the numerous ones that took place throughout Bush's two terms here and abroad. Those don't exactly point to increased safety and protection, but hey...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongbow View Post
Any informed and objective person, should recognize the multiple accomplishments of the Bush administration on US and international security.
*Thinking...thinking...trying to recall...Oh, I know-no, wait...still thinking...*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongbow View Post
Unfortunately, especially in FYM, ideology prevents that.
Ooh. Irony. Cool .

Angela
__________________
Moonlit_Angel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 02:45 PM   #479
Refugee
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,943
Local Time: 07:57 AM
[QUOTE=YBORCITYOBL;6790672]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongbow View Post

Any informed and objective person, should recognize the multiple accomplishments of the Bush administration on US and international security.



Stronbow, I would be seen as objective as anyone especially before the 8 year abortion that was Bush's administration I would be more inclined to be right of center but there are so many failures from this Administration that even the staunchest of Republicans have to admit that this was absolutely the worst Administration ever in fact this country will be hard pressed to get back on it's feet from this for decades to come
I can list the accomplishments of every US presidential administration. Individuals unwillingness to aknowledge the accomplishments of the Bush administration is proof positive of their lack of objectivity and unfortunately, possibly a sign of ignorance as well.
__________________
Strongbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 02:57 PM   #480
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
YBORCITY's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: FLA
Posts: 5,139
Local Time: 02:57 AM
[QUOTE=Strongbow;6790717]
Quote:
Originally Posted by YBORCITYOBL View Post

I can list the accomplishments of every US presidential administration. Individuals unwillingness to aknowledge the accomplishments of the Bush administration is proof positive of their lack of objectivity and unfortunately, possibly a sign of ignorance as well.


Could be best post ever!!
__________________

__________________
YBORCITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com