The earth is not rotating - spinning - or moving !!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We really need to start a batshit crazy thread for this stuff. I wonder if he was eating paint chips when he should've been in his grade 9 physics class

I managed to get 14 minutes into that, so I don't know if ever brings up another argument or just plays with his helicopter for the rest. However, as a complete layperson here, can someone explain to me why his argument doesn't work? I 100% believe the Earth is spinning, but I can see where his argument is coming from.

Definitely am probably embarrassing myself big time here, but, meh.

inertia. Try throwing a tennis ball in the air when you're sitting in the passenger seat of a car going 100km/h. do you really expect it to hit you in the face at 100km/h? The guy's helicopter is generating its own forces and stabilizing itself in the air

sure it's easy to dismiss and make fun of

but if the earth really is moving at 1000 miles an hour, why do planes have to fly half way around the world, why not just send the plane up high enough, wait and then come back down when the earth is where you want to be?

you guys are just a bunch of 'warmists'
, if you are told 90% of scientists say one thing, you just swallow it, whole

a couple of hundreds years ago, 90% of the "most learned" people would have told you it was not possible to do anything with electricity

What about the clouds in the sky

we may look up and see the same cloud hovering over our house for hours

if the planet was spinning at 1,000 mph surely the clouds would be left behind in a split second

sure it's easy to dismiss and make fun of

but if the earth really is moving at 1000 miles an hour, why do planes have to fly half way around the world, why not just send the plane up high enough, wait and then come back down when the earth is where you want to be?/QUOTE]

Could you please hold this thought for a couple of months, when the first commercial flight into space starts?
P.S. In the meantime, make a study of all the launches into space up to now. You know, the Apollo projects, the Space Shuttle, etc. Take extra notice of the amount of fuel they're using to escape from earth's gravity field.

;)

if the planet was spinning at 1,000 mph surely the clouds would be left behind in a split second

Are you being serious?? I don't know if I'm actually supposed to answer this

What about the fish in the sea? Shouldn't they, and the ocean they swim in, constantly be dragged up across the continents in vast, life crushing, tsunamis?

So did we ever figure out whether that plane could take off from a treadmill running at the minimum airspeed necessary to generate adequate lift?

Remember when that physics meme was going around the internet a few years ago?

The answer was yes, since the wheels were independent from the prop which was generating the forward momentum

Thanks for bringing that up Canadiens, it prompted me to look up the answer. Reminds me of the Monty Hall problem, which I was happy to bore my friends with by explaining as well.

this thread needs more conspiracy keanu

conspiracy-keanu-poisonous-air.jpg

I'm still waiting on an answer vis a vis the oceans and fishes therein, and why they aren't sloshing over my home this instant in a catastrophic permanent tsunami.

If you are in a car going 70mph down the highway, and it's a smooth car with great shocks (etc.), you could conceivably have your face buried in a book or an Ipad for hours and forget that you were actually moving 70 mph in a car. Everything is moving with you, so your perception is relative.

Anyhow, just to make this easy as pie...

Look at the stars in the night sky. They move.

How does that happen if the Earth is not rotating?
Right.

If you are in a car going 70mph down the highway, and it's a smooth car with great shocks (etc.), you could conceivably have your face buried in a book or an Ipad for hours and forget that you were actually moving 70 mph in a car. Everything is moving with you, so your perception is relative.

Anyhow, just to make this easy as pie...

Look at the stars in the night sky. They move.

How does that happen if the Earth is not rotating?
Right.

Why, the universe rotates around the earth, of course.

Maybe if you're a brain dead idiot, sure.

How exactly does "look! the sun's in a different place than it was a month ago" disprove scientific fact, neil c?

Back
Top Bottom