Support the troops? - Page 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login

Old 10-23-2010, 11:18 PM   #61
Refugee

Local Time: 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Pac_Mule View Post
I wanted to be a combat medic, however the Marines have the Navy take care of their medical needs. I'm signed up for combat support, and I'm aiming for tank crewman.
I don't know what tank crewman is. But, the medics, nurses and doctors who saw combat injuries, during Vietnam. Where able to train the staff at shock trauma hospitals across the U.S. They knew first hand how to deal with severe injuries that occurred from gun shots, etc.

Old 10-24-2010, 12:02 AM   #62
has a

Local Time: 08:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by A stor View Post
I don't know what tank crewman is. But, the medics, nurses and doctors who saw combat injuries, during Vietnam. Where able to train the staff at shock trauma hospitals across the U.S. They knew first hand how to deal with severe injuries that occurred from gun shots, etc.
^That was one of the few benefits of the Vietnam War. We got some amazing ER docs, nurses, surgeons, as well as some really excellent airline and helicopter pilots.

I hope our society will benefit from the Iraq and Afghan War vets the same way.

Old 10-24-2010, 12:03 AM   #63
has a

Local Time: 08:44 AM
Quote:
My friend is joining the Navy. He always gives me rides to school and other places. I always tell him that a year or so from now he's still going to be giving me rides
I can laugh at this because my father and grandfather were Navy pilots. They didn't have anything to prove to anyone.
Old 10-24-2010, 01:12 AM   #64
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramwest1 View Post
^That was one of the few benefits of the Vietnam War. We got some amazing ER docs, nurses, surgeons, as well as some really excellent airline and helicopter pilots.

I hope our society will benefit from the Iraq and Afghan War vets the same way.
I hope so too.

And to be perfectly honest. My arse isn't being shot at. It's real easy for all of us to sit at our computers and say. What we will. I'm not in the line of fire. So, it isn't worth a grain of salt as to whether I agree or disagree. I still respect those who make sure. I sleep safe tonigh. I always will.

My dad would always say the nurses in Vietnam were angels. They saw horrible injuries that would not be common to civialian life. They would hold the hand of the dying soldier. Pray with him and be his family member until he closed his eyes. Many cried for their mom The angel on duty. She bacame his mom. Giving comfort the best way she cold and always from her heart. These nurses were brushed aside. No PTSD treatment for them.

I know they depended on their expertise. When they opened a Shock Trauma Hospital iin Baltimore City, Maryland. Which was greatly needed. They were a very valuable resource at training the medical staff.

Prior to that. Patients died. From loss of limbs, horrible car crashes and gun shot wounds. Now they are saving llifes.
Old 10-24-2010, 01:01 PM   #65
Refugee

Local Time: 09:44 AM
Quote:
I don't know what tank crewman is.

Quote:
My dad would always say the nurses in Vietnam were angels. They saw horrible injuries that would not be common to civialian life. They would hold the hand of the dying soldier. Pray with him and be his family member until he closed his eyes. Many cried for their mom The angel on duty. She bacame his mom. Giving comfort the best way she cold and always from her heart. These nurses were brushed aside. No PTSD treatment for them.

I know they depended on their expertise. When they opened a Shock Trauma Hospital iin Baltimore City, Maryland. Which was greatly needed. They were a very valuable resource at training the medical staff.

Prior to that. Patients died. From loss of limbs, horrible car crashes and gun shot wounds. Now they are saving llifes
Old 10-24-2010, 06:11 PM   #66
Refugee

Thanks Pac mule. At least we know you will be a little safer. Heck, maybe by the time you are done with your training. President Obama will realize how corrupt the Afghanistan and Pakistan governments really are with their support of the Taliban. This way the Marines can do what they have always done best. Help folks when a natural disastor strikes.

When our military goes into countries where there have been floods or earthquakes. People are happy to see them. I know. I would be.

Sorry, if I sound bitter. But, screw the Middle East. I remember when Americans were held as "guest" when the Iranians had over thrown their own government. Certain countries don't give a damn about us. So why should we care? There are plenty of nations who would love our military to come in and build roads, schools and run piping for clean water. They wouldn't shoot us in the back, either.
Old 10-24-2010, 10:18 PM   #67
Refugee

Quote:
Sorry, if I sound bitter. But, screw the Middle East. I remember when Americans were held as "guest" when the Iranians had over thrown their own government. Certain countries don't give a damn about us. So why should we care? There are plenty of nations who would love our military to come in and build roads, schools and run piping for clean water. They wouldn't shoot us in the back, either.
That's absolutly true. The only reason were fighting is to keep Al Qeada on the run so they cannot attack us on our own soil ever again. Honestly though, for that threat to be ridden I personally believe the battle needs to be expanded to Pakistan. Thats where most attacks in Afghanistan are being staged from, and thats where fucking Bin Laden is, even though they refuse to admit it. Who the fuck cares about their national soverignty? They need to step up to the fucking plate and own up to what they've done/are doing. They can start by securing their border regions. Then it would be nice if they cough bin laden up. They KNOW he's there, and I bet many people in their government know where.

Instead they're sticking their dicks in the sand and looking the other way, all the while secretly supporting Al-Qeada.

If they're not going to act then I think we should. The war in Afghanistan is going to drag on and on. If were going to fight a war then fucking fight it right. War doesn't subject itself to national boundaries. One of the biggest reasons we lost Vietnam was because we let the VC use bordering countries to supply themselves and move troops. But when we finally did something about that, congress said OH how dare we? terrible, terrible...and then we didn't touch them again. Our government (congress particularly) hasn't allowed us to properly fight a war since WWII. If you don't adapt to the situation at hand, you're going to lose.

Anyways thats my two cents, not that those in charge would ever have the balls to do such a thing, and the UN would bitch us out like usual.

Sorry you had to hear that! /end rant
Old 10-25-2010, 12:21 AM   #68
Blue Crack Addict

This thread makes me sad.
Old 10-25-2010, 02:13 PM   #69
Refugee

Whys that?
Old 10-25-2010, 02:41 PM   #70
Blue Crack Addict

The last couple of posts show a level of ignorance that saddens me.
Old 10-25-2010, 11:33 PM   #71
Refugee

Perhaps, though not by ignorance.

But from a perspecitive from us those of us who experience more than a couple of decades of life. This war is not going to be won. At least not by the west and the UN. You cannot change culture or deep seeded belief.
Old 10-26-2010, 07:30 AM   #72
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by A stor View Post
This war is not going to be won. At least not by the west and the UN. You cannot change culture or deep seeded belief.
Just ask the Russians.
Old 10-26-2010, 04:14 PM   #73
Refugee

Quote:
The last couple of posts show a level of ignorance that saddens me.
Thank you for engaging in thoughtful discussion.

Quote:
Just ask the Russians.
Nobody realizes that the Russians only lost because we helped the Afghans and supplied them with their weapons. Glad thats come back to bite us in the ass.
Old 10-26-2010, 04:47 PM   #74
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:44 PM
I am basically against all wars. Off the top of my head there is none that I can think of in the last fifty years that I support.
Old 10-26-2010, 07:12 PM   #75
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Thank you for engaging in thoughtful discussion.
Painting rash generalizations about entire races/countries/regions saddens me, and that's what I've seen here. I'm not sure you can engage in thoughtful discussion when you ignore so much of what's going on in the Middle East. Your posts display a tremendous amount of naivety in regards to the Middle East region.